Blue Mountain

Blue Mountain Employee Reviews

Canada106 reviews
I had a great time working here. I love skiing and I love making money so this was the perfect job for me. I enjoyed working along side the other employees because like me, they also love skiing.
Busiest time was at the weekend where work could be hectic. Weekdays was more relaxed. Staff and management were friendly. The resort provided accomadation and were helpful when you needed help for anything including accomadation issues or to life in Canada in general.
Blue Mountain is a world-class company. They treat their people really good. It feels like a family here. The people are excellent to work with. The Leaders are happy and work with their team very well.
Being outdoors, meeting new people and doing a job I love - it is great!
Worked here for 3.5 years. The worst days of my life. Supervisor and management don't care. They have there favorites and doesn't matter how hard you work. Well supervisors and management a d there favorites have smoke breaks all day.they allow work place violence and stealing. and don't say a word because they are there favorites and you get written up. No matter how hard you work. They don't care about you.the stuff I seen in carpets from bloody mattress to Farr beyond was exnore. If your wise. RUN FROM THIS JOB.
My experience working at Blue Mountain was great! I worked in house keeping / room attendant for a year. Great supervisors, friendly staff and good a atmosphere. Would highly recommend working for blue mountain.
I worked in the rentals department from late November to late march and had a great experience all the supervisors and management staff was amazing. You received plenty of training prior to my first shift. At times, especially holidays and weekends it could get very busy and be a very fast paced environment, but on slower days it was very relaxed. They did their best to accommodate all scheduling requests. Another great thing was all the perks you got resort wide.
Pros
Resort wide discounts
In my time at in the blue mountain kitchen i loved the management and the management system, it was very organized. Keeping employees was an entirely different issue. A poor wage mixed with a stressful job accompanied by 70-80 hour work weeks leaves the busy season with a bad taste in your mouth. Flipped over to the slow season where management forces you out to save money, you will find you are always pushed about. benefits and security are why you choose Blue Mountain. otherwise it will be a hard fought career.
Same as above .. higher salary other than that great place to work/staff and supervisors fantastic .. very helpful ... very knowledgeable and always there to help
I had a lot of fun working for housekeeping and met a lot of friends and some now I nearly call a brother like figure. The pay was good and the staff accom was decent (110 Arlberg Crescent)
hard work. pushing your kart or trolley, dumping garbages, deep cleaning is very tiring.. pack your own lunch or buy them at the cafeteria. friendly coworkers.
I personally worked as a lift operator/mechanic. My experience with that department was enjoyable. I was always learning and you can never ask to many questions. They are happy to keep you informed about anything you need to know. Best of luck to anyone who chooses this company for employment in the future! :)
I usually work at weekends. Sunday is the busiest day in the resort. Winter is awesome in the blue mountains. If you are hard and smart worker it is a better job. If you have proper transportation facilities, it might be good for you.
it was a job for summer and winter because it was very busy, off season was not very fun it was dead all the time and i found managers just got board and would find dumb reasons to get you in trouble
I am going into my third season here, and I feel that I am now qualified to tell you some things you need to know before applying at Blue Mountain.

Pros:

1: It's pretty easy work. Most of the jobs you may be doing are very easy. Some management jobs may be a bit more difficult, but a "standard" position, (for example Rental Attendant, Lodge Attendant, Ski School Instructor) it is quite easy. It can also be quite fun.

2: Perks. As an employee, there are many perks. You get to ski for free (free rentals if you don't have your own equipment), and you get discounted food, drinks and things in the village. You can also get discount on hotel rooms.

Cons:

1: Favoritism. I saw another person on here saying something called "The Gang", and I agree with that. If you are in this so called "Gang", you can get away with anything. I have come across some people not doing anything, and others getting heckled even when they work twice as hard as their co-workers. Some departments are better than others at this.

2: Scheduling. They ask you for your schedule preferences, then (usually if you aren't in "The Gang") they ignore them. I had to talk to several managers and supervisors just to get hours that I am comfortable working.

In conclusion, Blue Mountain is a great place to work, but you have to watch out for a couple things.
Blue mt is not a good work place as seasonal employees are treated like awful from full time staff that have been there for many years this is why people do not return
I enjoyed the training program. It is very extensive. However, because I have an eye for detail and believe in integrity, I found cleaning the rooms in the time given was not long enough. It all depended on what type of room you were cleaning, and how well the guests took care of it. It was hard for me to fathom leaving a room not completely cleaned or cutting corners, when people pay so much to stay.
It was a good job for the winter season, it was easy to book off shifts or get them replaced with a co worker. The management in the south lodge is pretty good, I felt like they cared about me there.
Work is ok, but Management is not great. They tend to let people go for fabricated reasons.
Great place to work for a season or 2 but once you are in you get to understand how clingy management is, especially human resources. If you are not part of the ""gang" you most likely not going to get a promotion. Some people are nice.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Clingy management, no plan for professional grow
Interacted with customers and taught skiing.Was super fun and learnt a lot. Started the day at about 9am and ended at 3 30. Was great the whole time and teaching the kids really helped me improve my own skiing abilities.
Worked with this company seasonally for many years. Management team is great to work and make a fun environment. The jobs comes with many perks (season pass, discounts, benefits)
Pros
Many benefits included with job
Cons
Seasonal