Blue Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON30 April 2018
Easy to make friends
Staff are friendly and approachable
Management is professional
Job perks are great
Many employee discounts
Growth opportunities
Flexible schedules
Pros
Employee Lift Pass
Cons
Seasonal Work
a good employer
Service Attendant in the Resort Inn and Base Lodge (Former Employee) –  the INN cafe5 April 2018
I had a great time at Blue mountain, and would recomend it for any sesonal workers. all lodges were great to work in and had great managment all round.
Pros
good work balance
Cons
a little disorganised
Amazing job
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON5 April 2018
Been working seasonally for over 4 years and I love it. Able to work in different areas to private lessons to the snow school kids camp. The best part is when you see the positive end result of your clients improvement in their skiing.
Great place to workt
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON12 March 2018
busy and fun environment. safety is key. management is interested in employee feed back. teamwork encouraged. great benefits. snowboard for free. great workplace culture
Pros
free activities
Cons
short seasonsy
Great Management
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON20 February 2018
Working here has taught me a lot about how great management can make your work experience a lot better. This helps because it holds the team together and they make the work environment somewhere you want to be.
Pros
A lot of staff activities
In need of new management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountain4 February 2018
Over the many years I have worked at Blue Mountain I have maintained great relationships with my coworkers. I very much enjoy the nature of the job and I enjoy working on my own. Returning manager, however overworks her staff and is extremely unappreciative of the work done, always expecting more. When you do tell them how you feel, and explain this is why they are so understaffed, you are penalized.. very immature and unappreciative over all. Truly sad for a lot of employees that otherwise enjoy their job, and do a fantastic job at it!
Pros
Beautiful location, great co workers, accommodating work hours, ski pass and other discounts/benefits
Cons
Ungrateful management, overworked ; underpaid and understaffed
Lovely place to work!
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON5 January 2018
Good benefits, good management, good work life, a lot to learn, your personal business always matters.
Overall I would definitely recommend you to work here!
Pros
Lunches, benefits, work life
Great Work Place
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON21 December 2017
The great thing about this place is that it is something different everyday. You are always dealing with new people. Never the same thing. Great place and great people to work with.
Expectations are far too high, unrealistic for $ low-pay
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  every lodge13 November 2017
Resort expects all customer facing employees( 90% of all staff) to work days, afternoons, nights and every weekend and all holidays for minimum wage. No parking in winter and no alternatives to driving up to the resort is offered. Very, very poor staff facilities. Winter staff cafeterias are nasty especially at the South Lodge and most departments do not have staff areas to store their winter coats, personal items and lunches/dinners.

They need to really up their game and treat the employees with respect and appreciation as there is a lot of competition out there for minimum wage. I wont be making the difficult trek to the resort this winter and staying in collingwood.
Pros
only pro is a ski pass for skiers and snowboarders
Cons
no parking, no staff facilities, lousy shifts, every weekend and public holidays, no family time possible on holidays
Great to be in the outdoors
Mountain Bike & Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON5 September 2017
If you are a truly inspired person by what you do or by being outside, then working here is wonderful. You get to be with a lot of like minded people and you get to do what you are passionate about. There are some really fun jobs to be offered here. Day to day you deal with a lot of tourists coming from all over the world. Your co-workers are usually pretty cultural. The hardest part of this job though can just be the upper level of management. Change can be pretty slow here because it is a large corporate company. You'll get the feeling of "if only they could be in my shoes". There is also room for advancing here, but with so many people looking to advance out of the bottom line positions, there is a lot of competition. You gotta know someone to get further.
Pros
discounts, outside, passionate positions, good people, coworkers, lower level management
Cons
upper level management, long hours, weather, pay, advancement
You learn a lot about the customer service industry
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON25 August 2017
This job has definitely bettered my career in the hospitality industry. It is very fast paced job where you learn how to interact with guests, you learn great problem solving skills and you learn a lot about computers. This job has been a great experience as my coworkers, supervisors and managers are extremely understanding and welcoming!
Pros
you gain so many new skills
Cons
a lot to learn - always something new
Fun, Innovative, Always expanding
Ropes Course Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON22 July 2017
I spent 6 dedicated years at this resort out of love for the culture it was building. It didn't matter which department you were apart of, everyone knew each other, and got along with each other. Depending on your role, you could have long days spent with quests or you can be working behind the scenes helping the resort to run as smoothly as possible. Regardless of your role, you were a key ingredient to the success of the resort and the management team would acknowledge that. They would provide every staff with authority, have numerous staff meetings so that everyone had a voice and would act on the issues faced to make sure they wouldn't happen again in the future. Always expanding means there is room to move up within the company and show your love for the resort.
Good once i understand
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON21 July 2017
I had problem at first but you were helpful on getting to the right track it took me time as I am not good at computer. I asked for help and gave me the answer.
Pros
Cons
Had to understand at first
Long Time Lover of Blue Mountain Resort
Wedding & Social Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON18 May 2017
I have worked at Blue Mountain Resort for 14 years and they have been memorable, educational, and given me growth in my career as well as in my personal life. You don't just work at Blue, you live Blue.
Pros
Free Skiing, Biking, Hiking, Golfing.... list goes on and on
Cons
No succession training.
Diversity at it's best!
Managing hostess (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON12 May 2017
Blue Mountain is a great place to work because there are so many open doors of opportunity. I prefer to start at the bottom and work my way up, becoming skilled in all areas of management and service. I'd start at 6 am which was tough and finish mid afternoon. I was in charge of the winter buffet. Setting up, taking down, and making sure it was stocked and looking fabulous. I also helped in the back and with the servers. I always like to be busy. I enjoyed the interaction with the staff and visitors the most. Magical!
Pros
All you can eat!
Cons
Always the same food! lol
Great people, hard/longs hrs of work
Lodges Kitchen Supervisor/Kitchen Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains6 March 2017
Working with the Blue mountain team was both a very rewarding and challenging five years. The opportunity for advancement was there which I took full advantage of to become a solid part of the leadership team in only a short period in time. I grew to love the people I worked with (the employee teams) and worked well with the management team. My decision to leave the team was a result of the the change of ownership hands and turn over of upper management which resulted in poor upper management.
Pros
Great employee teams
Cons
untrained/unmotivated management
Awesome!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountain, ON6 February 2017
Friendly environment and great wage! Awesome boss
Meeting hotel guests was great and knowing what that was they enjoyed therr stay at Blue Mountain!!!
Excellent dynamic work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON24 January 2017
Complicated relationship with the Village association. At times unrealistic hospitality expectations run contrary to good security practices
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Lack of shelter from weather
it was a great life experience
Terrain park attendant (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON19 January 2017
all through out my employment at the mountain always had something new to do every day. i loved the people the atmosphere and management.
Great Employer
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON16 December 2016
The management were amazing and the other co-workers were great to work with as well the pay and bennifits package were great too and serving the customers was the best part of my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Mountain Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Blue Mountain Resort Reviews by Location