Blue Mountain logo
Blue Mountain

Blue Mountain Employee Reviews

I loved my job.

I really loved my time at Blue Mountain. Having worked at other Ski Resorts I’ve learnt just how great Blue really was! They’d keep staff informed of resort changes, you would always be up to date & know what was needed of you. Regular meetings with management to discuss performance / opportunities. They also truly value staff feedback, which was so refreshing. Personal and professional development was offered. There were opportunities to grow. The perks were fantastic & my salary was suited for the seasonal role! My manager was also fantastic, as was senior management when I needed to interact.

Pros

Ski pass, rentals, retail & fb discount, lessons

Stressful & No Teamwork

Managers are very critical of how the employees work and the senior co-workers are always looking for ways to get the new workers fired. Job isn't secure.

Pros

Free coffee and hot meals available during the seasons

Cons

Management, Co-Workers & job security

Fun atmosphere, beautiful views. Management needs improvement.

They have a benefits system set up that only allows CORE employees to receive benefits but they make it nearly impossible to get CORE designation. Employee reviews are frequently skipped or postponed and forgotten about. Raises are yearly and based on job performance but are around 60 cents extra per hour. The management team seems more interested in distracting disappointed employees with temporary prizes or incentives. The company likes to reward exceptional employees with small prizes like an ice cream cone, $5 gift cards, $10 gift cards, or at the most, a trip to the spa. Quarterly they do a free lunch. Once or twice a year they do a discounted hockey game/Canada's Wonderland trip. Management is over-worked and have very little time for employee concerns. HR protects the company from employee concerns rather than assists the employee in addressing those concerns with the company. Promotions are not frequent, they do a lot of external hiring, and the internal promotions are largely based on popularity rather than merit or seniority. The atmosphere is a great help, and the environment is beautiful. Fellow employees are friendly and fun.

Pros

Beautiful and fun atmosphere, free ski pass for employee and immediate family, cheap Canada's Wonderland trip

Cons

Poor wages, over-worked management, concerns go ignored, no real room for advancement.

organized and fast pace environment

Fast pace enthronement cleaning and re stocking hotel room working in a large number off locations indoor and outdoor. cleaning and stocking off storage rooms and linden cart. working with other to meet deadline .

Pros

a lot off work

Cons

bad rooms

Work in the great outdoors.

Great culture. Being a ski instructor at Blue is a rewarding career. Skiing everyday and being immersed in nature is a wonderful feeling. I loved working at Blue

Pros

Good exercise, great culture

Cons

Very cold some nights, lots of bending

Productive and fun workplace

I had a great time working here. I love skiing and I love making money so this was the perfect job for me. I enjoyed working along side the other employees because like me, they also love skiing.

Staff and management were friendly and supportive.

Busiest time was at the weekend where work could be hectic. Weekdays was more relaxed. Staff and management were friendly. The resort provided accomadation and were helpful when you needed help for anything including accomadation issues or to life in Canada in general.

Amazing

Great job. The company pushes for everyone to be the best they can be and gives you the tools to succeed. Also very fun and caring co workers of all ages and experience levels

Great Company!

Blue Mountain is a world-class company. They treat their people really good. It feels like a family here. The people are excellent to work with. The Leaders are happy and work with their team very well. Being outdoors, meeting new people and doing a job I love - it is great!

A Horror movie experience

Worked here for 3.5 years. The worst days of my life. Supervisor and management don't care. They have there favorites and doesn't matter how hard you work. Well supervisors and management a d there favorites have smoke breaks all day.they allow work place violence and stealing. and don't say a word because they are there favorites and you get written up. No matter how hard you work. They don't care about you.the stuff I seen in carpets from bloody mattress to Farr beyond was exnore. If your wise. RUN FROM THIS JOB.

Jobs at Blue Mountain

See more jobs

Fun and easy going

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money. Pretty easy going long as your on-time and put in some effort. Highly recommend as pay is competitive and there are nice work perks

4 Season Resort with lots to see and do

Very busy dealing with all types of customers from small towns to the big city. You learn about patience and the importance of good service. The line ups somedays would stretch outside and last for hours. You learn to help one customer at a time so everyone feels important however your on to the next person as fast as possible.

Pros

Great Team

Cons

Some people don't care enough so you have to make up for their lack of work ethic.

My experience

My experience working at Blue Mountain was great! I worked in house keeping / room attendant for a year. Great supervisors, friendly staff and good a atmosphere. Would highly recommend working for blue mountain.

Had a great experience working at blue

I worked in the rentals department from late November to late march and had a great experience all the supervisors and management staff was amazing. You received plenty of training prior to my first shift. At times, especially holidays and weekends it could get very busy and be a very fast paced environment, but on slower days it was very relaxed. They did their best to accommodate all scheduling requests. Another great thing was all the perks you got resort wide.

Pros

Resort wide discounts

personnel is an expendable commodity

if you like - to be regarded as an expendable day labourer - to be treated like a serf - suck up to your managers - have the attitude minimum wage = minimum effort - can't be bothered to think on the job - don't mind double faced superiors who bend or invent company policies as they please - beeing sent home if there are few customers then you will like it there and have an easy job you can advance in hirarchy move up from Operator to Teamlead with an incredible salary hike of 80 cts per hour. The so called perks aren't worth it when you look at it. - free skiing: compare that to the pre season sale of the 5x7 pass and you'll find it has little value. - 30% off merchandise: you can get that by shopping online Staff rooms with exception to the one in Central Lodge which is visible to the public are a filthy mess filled with junk furniture which shows you the attitude towards staff

Review summary on Blue Mountain Resort

Overall wasn’t to bad of a job. At times it was stressful because of the amount of customers but for the most part was pretty easy and a low stress environment.

Working in the Kitchen.

In my time at in the blue mountain kitchen i loved the management and the management system, it was very organized. Keeping employees was an entirely different issue. A poor wage mixed with a stressful job accompanied by 70-80 hour work weeks leaves the busy season with a bad taste in your mouth. Flipped over to the slow season where management forces you out to save money, you will find you are always pushed about. benefits and security are why you choose Blue Mountain. otherwise it will be a hard fought career.

Think salary should be at least 18.50/day and if good employee up by 1.00pr yr

Same as above .. higher salary other than that great place to work/staff and supervisors fantastic .. very helpful ... very knowledgeable and always there to help

housekeeping

I had a lot of fun working for housekeeping and met a lot of friends and some now I nearly call a brother like figure. The pay was good and the staff accom was decent (110 Arlberg Crescent)

Your just a number at Blue Mountain they don't care about staff

Promised full time contracts and as soon as the winter season was over the terminated almost everyone's contract early did not hold up their promise for full time. I was also promised a supervisor role and sponsorship, instead they kicked me out of my staff accommodation and gave me no hours so basically force you out before the end of whatever contract they give you. Backstabbers.

hard work

hard work. pushing your kart or trolley, dumping garbages, deep cleaning is very tiring.. pack your own lunch or buy them at the cafeteria. friendly coworkers.
  • Blue Mountain