Blue Buffalo Employee Review

View all Blue Buffalo reviews

Terrible Employer. Poor Management and intimidation tactics
Account Manager-Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2012
Blue Buffalo is one of the worst condescending organizations. The job was the lowest paying compared to what competitors offered. Although I learned a lot about pet nutrition on my own accord, it was not appreciated. The hours were minimal consisting of 4-8 hours a week if I was lucky. It was an overall boring job standing around. Yet it was very competitive selling against other brand manufacturers when business picked up. No bonuses were ever given for performance. I never met any of the staff except for my manager who I saw twice in two years. They never appreciated the extra hours I did when I had to assist a customer after my shift was completed. They had a very poor reporting system of faxing in time sheets causing miscommunication. This resulted in the manager threatening to fire people who could not get their reports in time because the fax was busy. Although the product is good the marketing and sales infrastructure is the worst I've EVER seen!
The only thing I enjoyed was working with the customers and helping make their pets healthy. Even that was overlooked my management.
Pros
none!!
Cons
unappreciative management, lousy pay, threat tactics, poor training, long distance management from the united states, high turnover, poor morale, no perks, no discounts on product

Other Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2019
Blue has been an amazing company and always supports their staff. Willing to help with personal issues and always willing to provide support in the work field ensuring safety and knowledge.
Amazing
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 January 2019
Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. I have learned so much about diets for animals and talking to people and connecting with them. I get to learn about others lives and help make their lives just a little bit easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.