Blue Buffalo

Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews

Nice place to gain experience

With this being my first job, I was quite happy with it. Management is so friendly and easygoing, and we share pet pictures! They are also able to train you and you are free to ask questions if you need help

Pros

Cool managers, friendly people

Great place to work!

Super casual job, Thursday Friday and the weekend. Pay is above minimum wage and I love their team building activities! Really great company to work for.

Pros

Above minimum wage

Cons

Part time only

Insights into Blue Buffalo

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Pet Detective

Love working for them! Lots of great benefits and flexible scheduling. Must be willing to work alone, however the manager does come and visit time to time!

Fun, supportive, collaborative

Great work environment, excellent training and communication. The freedom to use your own style. Great balance of work life and home life.Fun, working with pet parents, seeing dogs everyday is not only tremendously enjoyable, but very therapeutic as well.

best job ive ever had!

amazing all around!! you educate and can make dietary recommendations to pet parents while stationed usually at a PetSmart location! You get to interact wit animals and their Pet Parents all day and its amazing! very team oriented! everyone helps eacother. easy to recieve help from team or management when needed. flexible work ours. discounts on Blue products (up to $40 free a month), lots of enscentives too. help with pet insurance, and grants for adoptions. they giv eout lots of donations to team picked pet charities too! this is a compant that TRULY cares about EVERY single member of its team and goes out of its way to show this!!!!

Pros

WORKING WITH ANIMALS! perks & discounts. amazing team and management!!

Cons

none at all!!!

A pleasure to work for

They have the best managers and team! They truly go above and beyond. You can tell they really care about you. They're always quick to respond and support

A positive company AND you play with puppies!

It’s rare to find a company that creates a great product that helps animals and that you can believe in. You receive lots of support and ongoing education so you always feel confident speaking to pet parents and knowing that you are giving their pets the very best help. Best of all is getting to play with puppies when they visit !

Pros

Regular schedule, fairly autonomous

Cons

No pay increase or job advancement

Amazing Company

Blue has been an amazing company and always supports their staff. Willing to help with personal issues and always willing to provide support in the work field ensuring safety and knowledge.

Amazing

Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. I have learned so much about diets for animals and talking to people and connecting with them. I get to learn about others lives and help make their lives just a little bit easier.

Amazing, supportive company, not pressured

Blue Buffalo was a great company to work for and I learned a lot from the job. Not much advancement, little chaotic when I was originally hired due to management moving around. I was payed hourly so there was no pressure for sales, best part was the working environment. Solving peoples issues with their pets diet was my favorite part; however, I dealt with issues/non-professionalism from OTHER companies while working, no fault of blue buffalo of course, they handled everything perfectly.

Pros

Very flexible weekends shifts

Cons

No advancement

new to the job but exceptionally happy

I'm brand new to the job (couple of months in) but I am very happy with this placement. The company is incredibly ethical and management is wonderful and cares about their employees to the point where they pay way more than expected and talk to employees about how things are going in a group chat and keep things professional but friendly. plus I get to pet dogs all day so that's a bonus

Pros

dog petting, good pay, ethical

Cons

haven't found one yet

Fun p/t job if you LOVE animals and can deal with ZERO management support

I love animals and I love what I do. In saying that, this is not a job for people new to working and need a lot of direction. Management is never available and unless THEY need something do not return any messages. However, the flip side is that they do have your back when issues arise although its after the fact. Its nice to know that despite there being almost no way to contact your manager that they have your back should something go wrong. That mitigates some of the issues mentioned first. Otherwise. If you love animals and people and love educating and know your stuff - I mean really know your stuff - it's a wonderful p/t job. Unfortunately, not much room for advancement but they do have some nice perks. It would be a very hard job to part with in the end.

Exceptional Employment

If you get the opportunity to be part of the Blue herd, I highly recommend it! The people are amazing, the job is fulfilling, and the sense of honest care and attention for fur babies everywhere is real. I love being a member of the herd, and even if I won the lottery and didn't need the job I would still enthusiastically stick around. Training methods could use some improvement, but the company provides and earnestly sets their herd up for success!!

Pros

Flexible part time hours, great management, genuine love for animals!

Cons

No signficant cons.

Product Specialist

This company is a truly amazing company to work for. Treats their employees great, pays well, keeps you motivated and passionate about the brand. Wouldn't hesitate to work here in the future.

Fun place to work if you love pets

Educating pet parents on pet nutrition and helping them make the right decision on what the best food is for their cat and/or dog.

No training

Blue Buffalo is an average food, they say that there isn't any byproducts and no soy, wheat, grains, but they got caught that all their foods has these products.

Pros

Cons

no possibility of advancement, no supervisor help, products are so so

Fun and Amazing Job

Once I arrived at work, I would begin cleaning up mu area and then start helping customers with their needs. I learned that many people can be interested in trying new products, all you have to do is fill them with knowledge of who your brand really is. My co-workers were fun to work with and others not so much, but as a worker I was always respectful. The hardest part of my Job was when the store was empty, I got really bored not having anything to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was, when I spoke to the customers and I learned so much about them, than just what type dog food they were looking for.

Pros

Benefits with Dog Food

Love this job

Already revived this and I love this job. Would not want to leave it for any reason.\ perks easty hours love animals rewarding get to adopt animals get to buy the food and get reimbursed

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

not well organized, slopy management, rude

Un-organized managers, poorly planned systems, and hard on workers and and hard to contact ans too many people doing same.job...Disappointed because the product is good but unfair services to employees.

Pros

get to see cute pets

Cons

disorganized, rude, not planned well, horrible manners

Good company to work for

If you love animals Blue is a good company to work for. They are supportive and always available to discuss your job.

Pros

discount on products, gifts, good support system

Cons

none to mention

Fun sales position

Working for Blue Buffalo allows you the freedom to work for yourself. You get to determine your work schedule, and you given the responsibility self-manage without a direct manager on site.

Pros

Making your own schedule

Cons

Part-time hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement