Blue Buffalo

Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
I love animals and I love what I do. In saying that, this is not a job for people new to working and need a lot of direction. Management is never available and unless THEY need something do not return any messages. However, the flip side is that they do have your back when issues arise although its after the fact. Its nice to know that despite there being almost no way to contact your manager that they have your back should something go wrong. That mitigates some of the issues mentioned first.

Otherwise. If you love animals and people and love educating and know your stuff - I mean really know your stuff - it's a wonderful p/t job.

Unfortunately, not much room for advancement but they do have some nice perks.

It would be a very hard job to part with in the end.
amazing all around!! you educate and can make dietary recommendations to pet parents while stationed usually at a PetSmart location! You get to interact wit animals and their Pet Parents all day and its amazing! very team oriented! everyone helps eacother. easy to recieve help from team or management when needed. flexible work ours. discounts on Blue products (up to $40 free a month), lots of enscentives too. help with pet insurance, and grants for adoptions. they giv eout lots of donations to team picked pet charities too! this is a compant that TRULY cares about EVERY single member of its team and goes out of its way to show this!!!!
Pros
WORKING WITH ANIMALS! perks & discounts. amazing team and management!!
Cons
none at all!!!
They have the best managers and team! They truly go above and beyond. You can tell they really care about you. They're always quick to respond and support
It’s rare to find a company that creates a great product that helps animals and that you can believe in. You receive lots of support and ongoing education so you always feel confident speaking to pet parents and knowing that you are giving their pets the very best help. Best of all is getting to play with puppies when they visit !
Pros
Regular schedule, fairly autonomous
Cons
No pay increase or job advancement
Blue has been an amazing company and always supports their staff. Willing to help with personal issues and always willing to provide support in the work field ensuring safety and knowledge.
Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. I have learned so much about diets for animals and talking to people and connecting with them. I get to learn about others lives and help make their lives just a little bit easier.
Blue Buffalo was a great company to work for and I learned a lot from the job. Not much advancement, little chaotic when I was originally hired due to management moving around. I was payed hourly so there was no pressure for sales, best part was the working environment. Solving peoples issues with their pets diet was my favorite part; however, I dealt with issues/non-professionalism from OTHER companies while working, no fault of blue buffalo of course, they handled everything perfectly.
Pros
Very flexible weekends shifts
Cons
No advancement
I'm brand new to the job (couple of months in) but I am very happy with this placement. The company is incredibly ethical and management is wonderful and cares about their employees to the point where they pay way more than expected and talk to employees about how things are going in a group chat and keep things professional but friendly. plus I get to pet dogs all day so that's a bonus
Pros
dog petting, good pay, ethical
Cons
haven't found one yet
If you get the opportunity to be part of the Blue herd, I highly recommend it! The people are amazing, the job is fulfilling, and the sense of honest care and attention for fur babies everywhere is real. I love being a member of the herd, and even if I won the lottery and didn't need the job I would still enthusiastically stick around.

Training methods could use some improvement, but the company provides and earnestly sets their herd up for success!!
Pros
Flexible part time hours, great management, genuine love for animals!
Cons
No signficant cons.
This company is a truly amazing company to work for. Treats their employees great, pays well, keeps you motivated and passionate about the brand. Wouldn't hesitate to work here in the future.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Blue Buffalo?
Educating pet parents on pet nutrition and helping them make the right decision on what the best food is for their cat and/or dog.
Blue Buffalo is an average food, they say that there isn't any byproducts and no soy, wheat, grains, but they got caught that all their foods has these products.
Pros
Cons
no possibility of advancement, no supervisor help, products are so so
Once I arrived at work, I would begin cleaning up mu area and then start helping customers with their needs. I learned that many people can be interested in trying new products, all you have to do is fill them with knowledge of who your brand really is. My co-workers were fun to work with and others not so much, but as a worker I was always respectful. The hardest part of my Job was when the store was empty, I got really bored not having anything to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was, when I spoke to the customers and I learned so much about them, than just what type dog food they were looking for.
Pros
Benefits with Dog Food
Already revived this and I love this job. Would not want to leave it for any reason.\
perks

easty hours

love animals

rewarding

get to adopt animals

get to buy the food and get reimbursed
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Un-organized managers, poorly planned systems, and hard on workers and and hard to contact ans too many people doing same.job...Disappointed because the product is good but unfair services to employees.
Pros
get to see cute pets
Cons
disorganized, rude, not planned well, horrible manners
If you love animals Blue is a good company to work for. They are supportive and always available to discuss your job.
Pros
discount on products, gifts, good support system
Cons
none to mention
Working for Blue Buffalo allows you the freedom to work for yourself. You get to determine your work schedule, and you given the responsibility self-manage without a direct manager on site.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Part-time hours
Blue Buffalo is one of the worst condescending organizations. The job was the lowest paying compared to what competitors offered. Although I learned a lot about pet nutrition on my own accord, it was not appreciated. The hours were minimal consisting of 4-8 hours a week if I was lucky. It was an overall boring job standing around. Yet it was very competitive selling against other brand manufacturers when business picked up. No bonuses were ever given for performance. I never met any of the staff except for my manager who I saw twice in two years. They never appreciated the extra hours I did when I had to assist a customer after my shift was completed. They had a very poor reporting system of faxing in time sheets causing miscommunication. This resulted in the manager threatening to fire people who could not get their reports in time because the fax was busy. Although the product is good the marketing and sales infrastructure is the worst I've EVER seen!
The only thing I enjoyed was working with the customers and helping make their pets healthy. Even that was overlooked my management.
Pros
none!!
Cons
unappreciative management, lousy pay, threat tactics, poor training, long distance management from the united states, high turnover, poor morale, no perks, no discounts on product