Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2019
Blue has been an amazing company and always supports their staff. Willing to help with personal issues and always willing to provide support in the work field ensuring safety and knowledge.
Amazing
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 January 2019
Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. I have learned so much about diets for animals and talking to people and connecting with them. I get to learn about others lives and help make their lives just a little bit easier.
Amazing, supportive company, not pressured
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 June 2018
Blue Buffalo was a great company to work for and I learned a lot from the job. Not much advancement, little chaotic when I was originally hired due to management moving around. I was payed hourly so there was no pressure for sales, best part was the working environment. Solving peoples issues with their pets diet was my favorite part; however, I dealt with issues/non-professionalism from OTHER companies while working, no fault of blue buffalo of course, they handled everything perfectly.
Pros
Very flexible weekends shifts
Cons
No advancement
new to the job but exceptionally happy
PET DETECTIVE/PET FOOD DEMO REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2018
I'm brand new to the job (couple of months in) but I am very happy with this placement. The company is incredibly ethical and management is wonderful and cares about their employees to the point where they pay way more than expected and talk to employees about how things are going in a group chat and keep things professional but friendly. plus I get to pet dogs all day so that's a bonus
Pros
dog petting, good pay, ethical
Cons
haven't found one yet
Exceptional Employment
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC15 August 2017
If you get the opportunity to be part of the Blue herd, I highly recommend it! The people are amazing, the job is fulfilling, and the sense of honest care and attention for fur babies everywhere is real. I love being a member of the herd, and even if I won the lottery and didn't need the job I would still enthusiastically stick around.

Training methods could use some improvement, but the company provides and earnestly sets their herd up for success!!
Pros
Flexible part time hours, great management, genuine love for animals!
Cons
No signficant cons.
Product Specialist
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 June 2017
This company is a truly amazing company to work for. Treats their employees great, pays well, keeps you motivated and passionate about the brand. Wouldn't hesitate to work here in the future.
Fun place to work if you love pets
Pet Detective - Pet Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC17 January 2017
Educating pet parents on pet nutrition and helping them make the right decision on what the best food is for their cat and/or dog.
No training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2016
Blue Buffalo is an average food, they say that there isn't any byproducts and no soy, wheat, grains, but they got caught that all their foods has these products.
Pros
Cons
no possibility of advancement, no supervisor help, products are so so
Fun and Amazing Job
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2016
Once I arrived at work, I would begin cleaning up mu area and then start helping customers with their needs. I learned that many people can be interested in trying new products, all you have to do is fill them with knowledge of who your brand really is. My co-workers were fun to work with and others not so much, but as a worker I was always respectful. The hardest part of my Job was when the store was empty, I got really bored not having anything to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was, when I spoke to the customers and I learned so much about them, than just what type dog food they were looking for.
Pros
Benefits with Dog Food
Love this job
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC18 March 2016
Already revived this and I love this job. Would not want to leave it for any reason.\
perks
easty hours
love animals
rewarding
get to adopt animals
get to buy the food and get reimbursed
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
not well organized, slopy management, rude
Sales Coordinator/Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 September 2015
Un-organized managers, poorly planned systems, and hard on workers and and hard to contact ans too many people doing same.job...Disappointed because the product is good but unfair services to employees.
Pros
get to see cute pets
Cons
disorganized, rude, not planned well, horrible manners
Good company to work for
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 July 2014
If you love animals Blue is a good company to work for. They are supportive and always available to discuss your job.
Pros
discount on products, gifts, good support system
Cons
none to mention
Fun sales position
Sales Representative/ Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  On site pet stores12 November 2013
Working for Blue Buffalo allows you the freedom to work for yourself. You get to determine your work schedule, and you given the responsibility self-manage without a direct manager on site.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Part-time hours
Terrible Employer. Poor Management and intimidation tactics
Account Manager-Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2012
Blue Buffalo is one of the worst condescending organizations. The job was the lowest paying compared to what competitors offered. Although I learned a lot about pet nutrition on my own accord, it was not appreciated. The hours were minimal consisting of 4-8 hours a week if I was lucky. It was an overall boring job standing around. Yet it was very competitive selling against other brand manufacturers when business picked up. No bonuses were ever given for performance. I never met any of the staff except for my manager who I saw twice in two years. They never appreciated the extra hours I did when I had to assist a customer after my shift was completed. They had a very poor reporting system of faxing in time sheets causing miscommunication. This resulted in the manager threatening to fire people who could not get their reports in time because the fax was busy. Although the product is good the marketing and sales infrastructure is the worst I've EVER seen!
The only thing I enjoyed was working with the customers and helping make their pets healthy. Even that was overlooked my management.
Pros
none!!
Cons
unappreciative management, lousy pay, threat tactics, poor training, long distance management from the united states, high turnover, poor morale, no perks, no discounts on product