BLUE ANT MEDIA

BLUE ANT MEDIA Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
I worked here in a contract position and it was a fun place to work. I was given a lot of tasks and I had lots of support when completing them. Would work there again.
Overall, working at Blue Ant is a positive experience, your co-workers are typically great people and the work isn't overly stressful. You need to be ready to not be too attached to your projects as the main industries the company operates in (television, online/print publishing, consumer events) are in a constant state of flux and budget/funding constraints may result in something that was worked on for months suddenly being indefinitely shelved.
Management needs to prompt from within. High turn over because of it. Management does not really support staff. Finance has no really support. Even if it is double the work for the Finance department the other departments are kept happy.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Benefits while they have are not great
As an intern I am actually able to work on meaningful tasks that have a real impact on the company. Both my supervisor and management are supportive, but keep me challenged. The workplace culture is fun and exciting, and there are always events going on during the year. I'm interning to complete placement hours for my school program, and I feel lucky I ended up with Blue Ant.
I learnt a lot about content creating from pre-production through to post-production. I was brought on set multiple times mainly as art department. it was a summer unpaid internship.
Positive
- people were awesome

- work was fun

- social culture was good

- pay was not bad and benefits were good

Negative

- trying to grow too fast

- would implement a plan then not give the plan enough time to pan out before pulling the plug and changing direction/focus.
Pros
Good people and social culture
Cons
Company overall lacked direction
Fast growing, global mined company with a start-up environment. Focused on growing a strong and stable culture, while really challenging management and staff to achieve the highest of targets. Collaborative teams and good hires make for a great workplace.
Blue Ant Media has been one of my most enjoyable freelance position. They're what you think of when you think big Toronto Advertising agency. Amazing clients, great staff and overall the kind of the place you want to stay at.
Good team, good location, fantastic building facilities. Fridays are a great social event complete with breakfast on the 4th floor. Parking in the area is either street parking or private lots, which easily add up!
Blue Ant Media is a growing media company which can be a great start for getting into the Canadian television landscape, but management can be unimaginative and frustrating to deal with and there is little room for advancement from within the company.
Pros
Free breakfasts, great benefits optical and dental, 4 weeks paid vacation on top of statutory holidays
Cons
Difficult to get noticed, average salary is lower than industry standards, little encouragement or tools to advance within the company.
Work is challenging and exciting. It changes everyday depending on where in the world we want to go and what we want to show to the world at large. It's a good company to work for.
I enjoyed working here. My boss was a great teacher and everyone was very understanding. The company was very active in fun activities and had great team spirit. Unfortunately the company merged with another and some departments got new managers and everything changed including my position. I was never given the salary that i was promised and they kept me at an extremely low rate
This is due to lacking senior management with a vision, plus action plan to execute. While the company has very great resources and talent in house, some of the questions of 'where are we going' are not addressed. Blue Ant is a constantly changing environment, so if you are ok floating around in an ecosystem, great place to work.
Pros
Reduced hours in the summer
Cons
Too many meetings with nothing ever getting done