Blount Canada

Blount Canada Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Productive work place focus on EBITDA

Overall good working experience. good place to learn and grow. Very Strategic Visioned Company. Open communication. Not so stressful environment. work place culture is good.

Once was a good company

Not sure if this will help, but here it goes. Blount Canada now under a different name. Was at one point a great company to work for. They were easy going, the job was steady, and the folks that worked there were super friendly. I miss working there with the old crew that had been there for years. They were all happy to have been working there. Snacks at break times, birthday cake day, and go home early paid on Fridays. Oh and a nice on site cafeteria with great food. 10/10 However at some point, they had cleaned house, and got rid of the old crew, laid off and or fired. It sounded like a nightmare. I was let go early and told I wasn't needed anymore. :(So not sure what it's like now, but if it is anything like a few years back. Then it will be a good place to work. Hope this helps.

Pros

Great work, good solid benefits, small perks, and wonderful wage.

Insights into Blount Canada

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Stable Work

The work is stable and the shifts are not rotating. Starting wage is decent. Coffee, tea and snacks are free at break times. Paid shutdowns so you don't have to fight for vacation at Christmas.

Pros

free snacks at break times

some supervisors have big chip on shoulder

not very truthful when they hired me saying that overtime was not mandatory but when I turned down the OT they let me go. found supervisors lacking in compassion.

Pros

one shift

Cons

Great employer, higher than norm wage, great training

I would recommend this employer. Great training program. Had a good quality system and is trying to get back on track with continuous efforts to improve processes. Very inclusive and fair workplace. Somewhat too lenient with some areas of workforce that has assumed a higher level of self-entitlement.

Not a place I would recommend.

Management is friends with some of the employees on the floor and it is like high school in there!!! Stories made up, gossip, and lies make for a very toxic environment. There is definitely favouritism!! Some people can walk around talking and get away with it, while you are there slaving away on your job. I would NEVER go back! The people made it an awful experience for me!!!

Pros

Paid 8 hours for 7 and 1/2 hour shift

Cons

Management and long time employees

Very productive, always striving to be world class.

Very clean. Team members taking pride in their positions and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Company provides great activities outside of work during the year.

Pros

Great environment to work in, clean

Cons

n/a

Poor Management and mediocre products

After working there I now understand why they keep their manufacturing name separate from their brand name. Harder for people to tie their outdated and subpar manufacturing process with their products. They have the resources and profits to do better but insist on keeping the people responsible for running the place into the ground in charge. Good place for people who are retiring soon or people who enjoy praise for remedial tasks. You will need to put the blinders on if you are intelligent because problems are evident and extend up the food chain. Good people leave and move on to better things but management blames it on the people leaving instead of the problem source. Good luck to those willing to apply.

Pros

Great cafeteria, decent benefits, good people on the shop floor

Highschool... Run by the Bullies

My co workers were the best people I ever worked with, the management is an old boys club, of workers who should had been fired long before I started there. Harassment by the management, which is allowed by their superiors. Cant complain, as all of the office are friends, and next slow down your the one out the door. Only want "Yes men" in the company.

Pros

Workers, can "do the dog" and get paid.

Cons

Management. Better agree or else your out. Will make excuses and lies up.

Great atmosphere to work in and great people to work with.

Blount is a good place to work hard. The people there are very friendly and management often rewards the main work force when there was a job well done.

Work place

I like to be prompt for work and like to learn new things. I enjoy meeting new people and going to work everyday

factory work

typical day at work : -show up early to prepare the machine for my shift -consistantly sheck quality of product - preventive maintance -clean up management: supervisor will pereodically walk by to make sure quality and quinty of product is to standarts hardest part of the job: -not being mentally challenged -preforming repeditave work most enjoyable part of the job: being trained on a new machine becausse for the next 2-3days i am able to think and learn which is intreguing to me

Pros

7.5 hours worked and paied for 8

Cons

factory work . night shift

My most favorite job of my life

I LOVED IT HERE I LOVED IT HERE I LOVED IT HERE. Thats all there is to say. The BEST job Ive ever had. Everything about is A++

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

good place to work in

great people to work with. it is great place to work in with great pay , I like everything about it but the hours are long

Pros

a lot of free incentives

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blount Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement