Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Review

View all Bloomstar Bouquet reviews

lots of running back and forth.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton. at 50th st and 137 ave.4 September 2013
Don't listen or deal with complaints that come from any of the floral girls. They don't have any family values towards any females who are mothers and who are married. Management was verbally abusive constantly to me. Treated me like like I was garbage. I never took any time off in the two years I worked for them. They refuse to show any respect to you as a worker and also treat the customers like scrap to. When head office screws up on any orders, they refuse to take responsibility for their mistakes. They expect the floral girls to take the hit for it. If you are are mother or are married, do not work for them. They don't care about your family. Management will yell and scream and embarrass you in front of customers. No regard for you or the customers that you deal with on a daily basis. They don't teach you anything and you don't have and opportunities for advancement. You don't get any increases in your pay either.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
long hours. no respect from management. you don't learn anything from them.

Other Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

Decent but boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick6 March 2018
This job was was easy but often incredibly boring due to a lack of work to do. Besides stocking the display in the morning and doing inventory, you're more often than not wondering if you should have brought a book to read in order to occupy yourself. Of course you weren't allowed, so you had to find ways to look busy.

It's funny, because in the entire time I worked here (over a year), I didn't meet my manager until after I'd left. I worked the weekends and only dealt with my co-worker who worked weekdays. I'd text my manager once in a blue moon but that was it.

The job included things like helping customers pick flowers or giving information, taking special orders, trimming flower stems, and changing water in the display. It was simple, easy, and oriented towards someone who was very self-directed--except holidays, you work alone.
Pros
relaxed environment, beautiful flowers
Cons
kinda boring
Busy, enjoyable, hard work
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
Kept very busy maintaining the display and product in the walk-in. I enjoyed keeping a full display, nicely arranged and customer-ready at all times. Loved interacting with the customers and meeting their requests.
Pros
Working with flowers
Cons
management yelling at staff in front of customers