Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Review

View all Bloomstar Bouquet reviews

Would not recommend working for them
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton.15 October 2012
I only lasted there several months. I was left alone not really knowing what to do. There was several emergencys where I needed to contact a supervisor. I contacted both my area as well as head office supervisor and no one ever called me back. I was asked if I could work at a different location and said I could but only under certain Circumstances. So I did not make plans for that weekend. They never got back to me to let me know if I was working. I would do exactly what I was told to do then the next morning they would complain about my work. I have been verbally attacked by Costco employees as well as customers. But I can't do anything about it because the supervisor is never there. Other employees used me untill they got what they wanted. I handed in my letter and they still wanted me to work the long holiday weekends. I also did not find it fair that the one full time employee made commotion. When everyone was gone on holidays except for me, the full time employee got all my commission I mad when I had a 7,000 day which is extremely unfair since i was the one who worked.
Pros
none.
Cons
awful hours, did not take into consideration i am a student, treated me like garbage, i had to fight for a day off, never got any schedules.

Other Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

Decent but boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick6 March 2018
This job was was easy but often incredibly boring due to a lack of work to do. Besides stocking the display in the morning and doing inventory, you're more often than not wondering if you should have brought a book to read in order to occupy yourself. Of course you weren't allowed, so you had to find ways to look busy.

It's funny, because in the entire time I worked here (over a year), I didn't meet my manager until after I'd left. I worked the weekends and only dealt with my co-worker who worked weekdays. I'd text my manager once in a blue moon but that was it.

The job included things like helping customers pick flowers or giving information, taking special orders, trimming flower stems, and changing water in the display. It was simple, easy, and oriented towards someone who was very self-directed--except holidays, you work alone.
Pros
relaxed environment, beautiful flowers
Cons
kinda boring
Busy, enjoyable, hard work
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
Kept very busy maintaining the display and product in the walk-in. I enjoyed keeping a full display, nicely arranged and customer-ready at all times. Loved interacting with the customers and meeting their requests.
Pros
Working with flowers
Cons
management yelling at staff in front of customers