Bloomstar Bouquet logo
Bloomstar Bouquet

Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

low commissions and you don't grow within the company

they don't let you grow within the company. They put commissions on you that they know you can't meet. They divide the commissions according to what you work, if you are part-time but you work as if you were full-time due to the high work that sometimes there is only in one day, they do not care and the commissions are lower for part-time . They do not give you benefits and they withhold your vacation money, when you request them they pay it a month later because they always have excuses. you are each one hour sending reports through a tablet and photos because the boss does not live or never is close. If you have to stay 30 more minutes because the job asks for it. They don't pay you overtime, if you arrive 10 minutes before and you do clock in to start working at once, they don't pay you a minute before or a minute after

Pros

relatively clean work

Cons

low commissions and you don't grow within the company

Not worth your time

The best part was getting to work alone most of the time, and getting to smell flowers all day. Management (and my supervisor) were unreasonable, rude, and condescending. Could not call in sick without notice! (and needed a doctor's note every time!) There were only two of us at my location to split the week, so it was impossible to get any coverage when I was sick or had an appointment or something. Shifts were over 9hrs long, and there was no vacation time or any chance for promotion. They paid minimum wage, no overtime.

Pros

Flowers were lovely, smelled great

Cons

long hours, low pay, terrible management

Poor management & No consideration

The experience working as a merchandiser was decent until they started literally exploiting me.There’s a poor management of the planning, so sometimes they could let you know a day before around 6p.m that they’re expecting you to be there the next day at 7 a.m. despite not even being scheduled that day. They also have no consideration for your situations & could push a student (in my case) to his limit, making him work hours & hours during exam weeks. Sometimes even, expecting you to literally work hours before passing that exam just so you could help them achieve their goals, while compromising yours. I definitely don’t recommend this job at all if you’re a student or someone just trying to have a simple job with maybe, some growth opportunities.

Pros

Commissions / Costco food

Cons

No flexibility / No Empathy or consideration / Poor Management

Typical day it's Friday, I team work, I had an experience to work with many nationality.

I learned a lot, working environment nice and cool, summer time you don't need an air-condition, and little bit of cold, great place for the lovers. Management has to beware.

Pros

During the rush time.

Cons

Valentine's day, Easter, mother's day, and Christmas.

Dont work here

Poor management , managers dont care and dont know anything about what is going on the warehouse. Really poor opportunites for growing and poor balance between work and family. They dont care about the workers at all. I will not recommend anyone to work for this company.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Very poor management and planning

Environnement de travail exceptionnel et une très bonne ambiance

Des dirigeants très encouragent. Une ambiance incomparable et du bon travail en équipe. Doivent créer plus d’opportunités de carrière .

Pros

Beaucoup de loisirs, dès repas gratuit

Cons

Manque d’opportunité de carrière

Very slow-paced and independent

It’s very easy and slow-paced, but it was very independent and I felt that I didn’t receive enough training. This made it difficult to do orders/answer questions/use the technology. I worked with someone else for a few days and then was working alone for the rest of my time with the company. The manager wasn’t in my city and they were often very hard to get ahold of.We were also very short-staffed so I wasn’t able to take sick days. I always received my pay check on time, and the pay was fair.

Pros

Easy tasks

Cons

Bad management

Nice place to work

Working as part timers with this company, it's really good experience , i have another full time job but for extra income I applied for the weekend job and I got it as seasonal associates, now I have permanent store , manager is so nice and friendly if you are working properly, no body bothers you if you work

Very stressful

It's been very stressful. The hours are good if you are the Full-Time, but you may have only the minimum wage for years instead of advancing after the probation period like other jobs. During the months of the major holidays, which is roughly 6 months of the year, you are not allowed to take a vacation, and it's very difficult to take time off even when you are sick. At least once a day a member will ask on average some way or form if the flowers are fresh.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Hard to take time off, Very little chance of a raise

c'est ton une bonne entreprise

C'est une bonne entreprise, mais le salaire Ă©tait le minimum.

Jobs at Bloomstar Bouquet

See more jobs

Fun workplace with music for listening the whole day

I learned about how to treat some flowers. I learned how to make a bouquet. I learned how to hold the flowers and how tu put them together in order to look good for the buyers.

I feel proud to be a worker of bloomstar

I feel proud to be a worker of bloomstar.its a very good place to work with a good team and helpful management.am working from 2018 of September and it's my best experience.

great company to work for

There hours are set in stone and treat their employees like family. Great hands on training and very understanding of peoples needs and worth. Highly recommend this company

productive and fun workplace

The work is at fast pace but its really productive and enjoyable especially for the people who love flowers as we have a contribute our hard work in making the bouquets.

Good place to add work experience

It is a good place to get your first work experience. It is an ideal job for students but they do not offer a lot. Normally, they do not pay vacations...

I would not recommend

Not a good place to work, You get treated horribly by the Costco workers. They belittle you and it’s a huge inconvenience if you ask for time off. Customers are just as bad, they yell at you Several times a day.

Lots of stress from management with very little thanks / praise for accomplish

Very busy in the morning before the opening of Costco -- change water, arrival of truck with order, stock display, send photos to management, put flowers away in cooler.... during the day lots of running back and forth from cooler to display ... only 1/2 hour for lunch during 10 1/2 hour shift on Fridays ... very enjoyable interacting with customers during the day but very little positive feedback from management.

Terrible company to work for!

No respect from management, horrible pay, and very long hours. Could never get a day off, and calling in sick was a nightmare. I was always blamed for management's mistakes, and would get yelled at in front of customers.

Cons

Awesome people but really poor pay and job advancement

The people who works in the company are one of the best co-workers I've worked with, the boss is awesome too. Just really poor payment and job advancement.

Pros

Good people, Cool Manager

Cons

Really long hours, really low wage

Very productive, easy going

Fun to work with the people I did but no one thought I could be independent. Not much for benefits and was more of a student job which I understand I was a student but no one took my opinion seriously.

Pros

good hours

Cons

Infrequent work times

good for students

flexible schedule to work, they have different locations across the city so you can apply to the one is convenient for you. Option to work full time during vacations periods.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bloomstar Bouquet. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement