Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

great company to work for
florist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2019
There hours are set in stone and treat their employees like family. Great hands on training and very understanding of peoples needs and worth. Highly recommend this company
I would not recommend
Flower Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 September 2019
Not a good place to work, You get treated horribly by the Costco workers. They belittle you and it’s a huge inconvenience if you ask for time off. Customers are just as bad, they yell at you Several times a day.
Terrible company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 June 2019
No respect from management, horrible pay, and very long hours. Could never get a day off, and calling in sick was a nightmare. I was always blamed for management's mistakes, and would get yelled at in front of customers.
Cons
Awesome people but really poor pay and job advancement
Shipper/Receiver/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 June 2019
The people who works in the company are one of the best co-workers I've worked with, the boss is awesome too. Just really poor payment and job advancement.
Pros
Good people, Cool Manager
Cons
Really long hours, really low wage
good for students
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 March 2019
flexible schedule to work, they have different locations across the city so you can apply to the one is convenient for you. Option to work full time during vacations periods.
great place to learn how to self manage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2018
it was a great way to transition into learning how to work on your own as well as how to manage your time and problem solve.
the environment was consistent and straightforward
Terrible job
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2018
Management is horrendous.
They expect a lot from you and even when you’re working your soul away to do your job well they will scream at you and verbally abuse you via text message and in front of customers. Terrible company and people.
Pros
None. Run far away.
Cons
People, hours, bosses
Decent but boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick6 March 2018
This job was was easy but often incredibly boring due to a lack of work to do. Besides stocking the display in the morning and doing inventory, you're more often than not wondering if you should have brought a book to read in order to occupy yourself. Of course you weren't allowed, so you had to find ways to look busy.

It's funny, because in the entire time I worked here (over a year), I didn't meet my manager until after I'd left. I worked the weekends and only dealt with my co-worker who worked weekdays. I'd text my manager once in a blue moon but that was it.

The job included things like helping customers pick flowers or giving information, taking special orders, trimming flower stems, and changing water in the display. It was simple, easy, and oriented towards someone who was very self-directed--except holidays, you work alone.
Pros
relaxed environment, beautiful flowers
Cons
kinda boring
Busy, enjoyable, hard work
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
Kept very busy maintaining the display and product in the walk-in. I enjoyed keeping a full display, nicely arranged and customer-ready at all times. Loved interacting with the customers and meeting their requests.
Pros
Working with flowers
Cons
management yelling at staff in front of customers
Bloomstar boutique
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2018
Very Good job
Interaction with many people
Great work life balance
Friendly company culture
Great potential to be recognized and commended for your work
Motivational and supportive staff, great team atmosphere.
leave this job because i shift from Brampton to Kitchener.
Good during the busy season
Florist (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB1 December 2017
This job was relatively easy, at times it was repetitive and boring.
Every day you would restock the display. Every couple days you would change the water and food in the flower buckets and rework the broken flowers.

Most the time you were standing around trying to find something to do unless it was the busy season, ie; Valentines, Christmas, Mothers Day, Thanksgiving or Wedding season. During those times you were running back and forth from the cooler to the displays. You were usually so busy you didn't have time to have a lunch or take a break.

We were promised commission if we reached a certain goal of flowers sold, only the goal was based on sales of last year, the year they introduced the commission, sales had dropped so it was never reached.
Fun and dynamic work environment
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC16 July 2017
I love flowers and working in a flower distribution company was fun. It was a dynamic environment. I love to drive and I enjoyed the time driving to different places such as Ottawa, Sherbrook, Quebec -different places in Montreal. It was not easy driving on the winter time. However, I enjoyed visiting places such Trois RIvieres. Quebec city and Chicoutimi. As a supervisor, it was a challenge and motivated position. I enjoyed helping the employees to understand the importance of the quality of the flowers and the client's satisfaction.
Pros
sometimes free flowers
Cons
Driving on winter time
Overal positive work enviornment
Fulltime merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
Make sure you know your materials, clients come first which is the way it should be. Management is positive and ready to help with anything. Fast paced depending on position and attention to detail is needed.
NOT a Good Place to Work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2016
Horrible place to work!! stay away from them ! find anything else that treat you like a human not as a slave!!!! I don't have words to describe how bad my experience was with them!.Managers are extremely rude and don't care about others!!
Pros
nothing pro !!!!
Cons
everything!!! about them
comfortable atmosphere
Florist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 July 2016
In the mornings a person brings boxes of roses and flowers from the highly refrigerated area . There are tables for making big bouquets and others for small ones. I learned basics of how to make a bouquet. The hardest part was making the big bouquets. Coworkers were nice. the most enjoyable part was the permission of using earphones while working.
Fast and busy workplace
Branch Supervisor - British Columbia (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 January 2016
Busy environment with multitask and fast decisions, lot learning in logistics, import and export, good environment and growing company across Canada
Long hours, under paid and under valued.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 January 2016
This was a good company to work for but new management came in and all goes downhill. The flower quality has suffered and no wonder they are loosing costco stores most recently stores in edmonton. The new management is over paid and the hr lady is plastic and fake. No one trust them and no wonder moral is going downhill. Please take back the company before there's nothing to take back.
Pros
dld management
Cons
new management
Fun place to work
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2015
Was a fun place to work if you like working with flowers all day as well as the people are really nice and the pay isnt bad as well
Pros
Fun place
Cons
N/a
Fun but sometimes stressful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2015
I only worked at the Regent Costco in Winnipeg for a few months 2013- May 2014 but did enjoy the job. I learned something new doing inventory and what its like to work in a Costco! It was stressful during the holidays but at least you were moving and getting exercise. I had the opportunity to meet 2 of the sons from the company and they seemed very nice and helpful! I have moved and sadly there are no opportunities in my area now :(
Pros
Working with flowers, meeting lots of people, having a sense of pride in your work as its visible to a lot of people
Cons
low pay
fun, fast-paced, detailed, productive
floral merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab7 August 2015
I worked for bloomstar as a full-time merchandiser and loved my job. There are many little details that you have to keep in mind however, in less then a week of training you will get the hang of it :) Management is patient and kind and are always there if you need any help! This is a fun job especially once you settle in and know your costumers well and meet new ones everyday. I worked at the NE location at Costco 56.
Thank you Lina for being an awesome and supportive manager!
Pros
Working with flowers, good pay, awesome management!
Cons
there were none for me