BLOOM

BLOOM Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews

heightened my perspective on humanity

At Powell Place and Springhouse, women and children in crisis have a stable and secure place to stay as they rebuild their lives. As two of the few women-only shelters in Vancouver, we support women to regain their autonomy and cultivate the empowering life skills to build resilient lives for themselves and their families. We don’t judge. We accept all women, regardless of their circumstances. Our all-women staff provides a stable foundation to women and women-led families with 24/7 services that are inclusive, accessible, respectful and promote self-confidence and independence. Women are supported in cultivating their strengths to manage the complexity of their challenges and attain the stability to move forward. In 2012, 211 women at Powell Place and Springhouse were able to find stable, permanent housing or enter treatment programs.

Beautiful home great kind and friendly staff

With self contained apartments feels more like a home then most ,great training friendly staff and on call managers make a stressfree work enviroment

Pros

Onsite training free uniform, care staff friendly and manager is available

Cons

No benifits and onging construction

Not impressed!!

I started working in the psw field with them on August didn't get any work with them till November . I live in Kitchener and they send me to Waterloo for one hour's work! Not worth 20.00 dollar's no hours!

Pros

Zero!

Cons

No work!

Hard work is required, but the positive environment makes it so worth it

During the 2 months or so that I worked at Bloom I got rained on, walked around in mud for days on end, froze my fingers and toes, and came home covered in dirt and straw. I also built some wicked arm muscles, made some great friends, got tons of amazing tulip photos, and realized I love working outside. I had a great experience working here. Ashleigh and Alexis show their appreciation for their staff in so many ways. But they are not pushovers! Do not expect to sit around in a booth all day. The more effort you put in for these ladies the better your experience will be (and the more hours you will have the chance to work).

Pros

People-free sunset tulip photos for days

Cons

Not a job for an inactive or lazy person

24 hours of free labor

I had to do 24 hours of free labor at the restaurant bloom at conestoga college, waterloo campus in order to graduate my bartending and mixology course.

Pros

experience

Cons

no pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLOOM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement