Blo Blow Dry Bar Employee Reviews

Lack of Professionalism
Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 April 2019
I was very excited to work here, ready to give it all, but the management is just awful! They would say something today and do otherwise the next day. Breaking promises or making promises that you cannot keep falls under the category of unprofessional to me, not to mention that avoiding to deal with potentially unpleasant aspects of managing and leading... is also being unprofessional.
Pros
Great Location, friendly co-workers
Cons
Management Lack of Profesionalism
Great Work Place
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2019
Blo is an great place to work if you like styling hair. I really enjoyed this job because of the weekly classes and the advanced training and group education methods! Little room for growth.
Pros
Friendly staff.
good job
Hairstylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 September 2018
Blo dry bar at Morgan crossing is a good work place. your don't have to be a certified hairstylist to work there but you should have some knowledge of hair. its a very friendly environment and the location is perfect!
Pros
amazing team
Cons
Didn’t even get a chance
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2018
I was hired for a full time position and trained, and then I was fired on the basis of the owner not liking a member of my extended family. I was a great fit for the job, and I did nothing wrong. I was fired just based on the fact that the owners had personal feelings against someone who shares my last name.
Great Learning Environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Four Seasons Vancouver , BC20 April 2018
I loved this job because of the weekly classes and the advanced training and group education methods!
They provided me with all the beauty tools, and our focus was to make women feel and look beautiful!
Red Carpet beauty trends and styling methods were applied to ALL CLIENT SERVICES!
Pros
Free Classes
catty and highschool environment
blo boss (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
owner talks rudely about clients and employees with staff in front of other clients. chief stylists walk around like they are god’s gift to this earth. pay is low for the amount of work you do. stylists are only sometimes given breaks. the women that work here all talk badly about each other when they’re not around.
Pros
free hair perks
Cons
wage, environment, lack of breaks
Misbehave with employee by employer
Customer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
They dont care for their employee. They fired employee in front of my eyes in front of all customers. If you dont treat employees with respect I dont prefer to visit you ever.
Challenging, fast paced, great tips
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
If you are looking to make quick money, in a busy fast pace environment, this is the place. Although it can be tiring, it is also very rewarding. Day goes by quick, as for the most part it's busy!!
Good Job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Blo is a great place to work if you have lots of energy and you are very social. Yet the hours are long and the pay is low. Tips are good depending on the client.
Garbage company to work for
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
Management is garbage . Two girls run the entire company of all 5 downtown locations. Getting a email to them is nearly impossible. You get yelled at for asking for the schedule keep in mind they make the schedule the night before and text you at 12am when to come in the next day.
Pros
What's it like to work at Blo
Session Stylist full time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2015
All about the numbers but the staff are friendly. There's no room for job security or advancement until after 2yrs+. Some locations don't have bathrooms either. Not to mention that you never know which location you will be working until the night before. And even though you work extremely hard sometimes without breaks, the atmosphere is relaxing because that's how the service is meant to feel for the client.
Pros
Occasional free hair care
Cons
Very demanding job
Fun Place Great Clients
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Oakville5 March 2015
very easy going, great coworkers, very flexible, clientele gives plenty of opportunity of extra cash, not limited to hourly wage.