Blinds To Go Management reviews

Worst job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
this is a sales rep entrance job
little to no sales training given
worst management
supervisor is constantly away
often yelled at by supervisor
not a professional work environment
very little compensation
minimum wage
Pros
free trip to new jersey
Cons
long hours, low pay, no vacation
Stay away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
As somebody who has health issues, mental and/or physical, they offered zero support and did not care in the slightest. They never accommodated when I needed it.

They preach that employees are important but all they care about is lining their own pockets. There's only one individual I've seen worse than this management team.

Sales staff and management quit fairly quickly.

A lot of customers complain because their products aren't made properly or break quickly.

Only way to succeed is if you sell your soul.

Would only consider going back if I was laid $250,000 a year or more.
Pros
Can have decent pay
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, poor quality control
Horrible Mangement
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2018
pros
- decent money

cons
- high turnover
- stores are consistently understaffed because people are always quitting
- long stressful hours because there are not enough people to manage the hours the store is open but company wont reduce hours
- new people are hired for understaffed stores and cant be properly trained because there's not enough staff or time to do so
- consistently being told what you're doing is not good enough
-never any words of encouragement from owners only negative feedback
- they try to pride themselves on workplace culture but its the farthest place from a happy work environment
The worst
Installer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 July 2018
One of the worst places to be the employees are just disgusting so Is installing their horrible blinds I always tell all my customers do not buy from them because they are sleazy,nasty salesmen who are selling garbage products for a premium price
Pros
Cons
Anything you can think of
Bad Management
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC8 March 2018
I was contacted for a position and was treated horrible. Women on the phone was very quick to dismiss me. As I answered her questions she was interrupting me and not listening to what I was saying. I would never work for a company like this.
Job motiviation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
The company pushes you to advance further into management and motivate you to grow. They promote team work and pays well in regards to bonus. They invest in their employees especially when you are lacking in skills.
If you have no self-respect or ambition for career advancement, this is the job for you
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 April 2016
This company has absolutely no knowledge, interest or involvement in its employer's lives. The moment you pose a stipulation or challenge with an independent thought, they want you gone. Extremely unprofessional, unethical, and un-environmentally friendly company.
Good team work
Manager on Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2015
Competition work place. good management. Lots of hours to work.no part time options for students. lots of thing to learn . if a person wants to work in this company have to change his or her behavior activities.
sales environment
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  woodbrige2 July 2014
Is a retail job where you get to meet all the customers and give some advise about blinds and windows coverings. You do lift heavy blinds every morning and when customers come to pick them up.
Most of the time there is no manager, so you have to do your best with customer service related issues.The co-workers are nice and friendly.

I did learn a lot about blinds and in the process i met a lot of lovely people , the part that I liked the most is that the company rotate personal from store to store and you get to know everyone. Other thing that I love about this jobs is that the owner and the CEO keep in touch with everyone as much as they can.
Pros
friendly co-workers, constant training
Cons
no week-ends off, some stores really far from home, low salary
don't fall for their fake promises; you're smarter than that
management trainee (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ON18 November 2013
I have NEVER written a review before in my life, although since working for Blinds to Go, i never start a job without looking up reviews first. This company is pathetic and a joke. There's a reason they only hire recent college graduates, as they want employees with little to no experience that are desperate to start working, then brainwash them with the company's ridiculous "culture".
The owner is very shady, you'll have a very hard time finding anything about him or the company in the media, and they keep it that way because they know they are sleaze balls, and the less exposure the better.
I feel ashamed for having bought into it and thinking this was a good career move..
After getting to know the employees, the longest-standing one was just under two years, and this is a rare case. Management was the least helpful, most impatient selfish and manipulative people I have ever met. I worked so much overtime, sometimes 60 hours a week, exceeded my sales targets every week, had amazing customer relationships, and none of this was appreciated. These people are monsters! You're so much better than this company!

I KNOW YOU'RE AN INTELLIGENT PERSON SINCE YOU'RE BOTHERING TO DO RESEARCH ON THE JOB BEFORE STARTING SO DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY! Focus your energy on finding something legit, that will actually appreciate your hard work and reward you for it, DO NOT make this terrible mistake I made by joining this joke of a company!
Cons
everything, but particularly management is actually a joke.
Great company, Great career
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON26 July 2012
Love:
* The people -- teams, management and customers are all wonderful
* Lots of honest feedback to help you grow
* Acquiring new skills -- sales, leadership, coaching, mentoring, to name a few
* Great pay structure (the harder you work, the more you make)
* Results and hardwork are rewarded and recognized
* Being able to see the impact I have had on other people

Don't Love:
* Its a retail business, so you work a variety of shifts -- not the standard M-F 9-5 job (but still only 40-42 hrs)
* Although I love the concept of getting feedback, when I joined I didnt realize this meant I had to change. Change is hard. Really hard.