Blinds To Go Employee Reviews

Bad Management
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC8 March 2018
I was contacted for a position and was treated horrible. Women on the phone was very quick to dismiss me. As I answered her questions she was interrupting me and not listening to what I was saying. I would never work for a company like this.
Great Place!
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Everett, ma6 March 2018
Blinds To Go has helped me grow not only in my career but also as a person. With the support of the company and all the people in it has made this place a career path for me. I have been with the company growing and improving since the beginning. It is a place for people who want a career not just a job.
Pros
Growth, great environment, benefits
Cons
retail hours
work work work
E-Commerce /Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 December 2017
you must be productive no matter your personal circumstances. The schedules do not allow you to grow as a professional neither have a family life. Due to the hard conditions people rotation is huge, which allow you to meed great people.
Travail varié et personnalisé
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga (CANADA)9 April 2017
- Satisfaction du client
- Prise de connaissance des nouveaux produits
- Personnalisation du produit
- Gestion des contraintes clients
- Projet: travail d'équipe
- Inventaire / Gestion de stock
- Service après-vente
Pros
Travail varié, personnalisation, commission.
Cons
Manque de personnel
Nice family
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON3 February 2017
Loved working too. My coworkers made everyday enjoyable, and the customers were so nice. The managers were understanding, and it felt good to work with everyone.
Great place to work for young people
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2016
Great for young people to get to know product and get the sales experience. Many opportunities for growth, good pay and opportunity to get additional payment from sales. Friendly teamwork place.
not worth working in blinds to go
Design Consultant (CSR) (Former Employee) –  toronto12 September 2016
not recommend working there. there is no development while working there. and very low salary with no increment. employee can be transferred without notice to any of the locations
If you have no self-respect or ambition for career advancement, this is the job for you
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 April 2016
This company has absolutely no knowledge, interest or involvement in its employer's lives. The moment you pose a stipulation or challenge with an independent thought, they want you gone. Extremely unprofessional, unethical, and un-environmentally friendly company.
Not that great
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2016
When i started working in 2013 in BTG they did create a good 1st impression with their training Montreal and stay facility and amazing Trainer and everything.
But when i joined the store, they were probably cutting down on cost by minimizing staff .So during busy days it was just horrible . We didn't even have time to lunch coz of staffing issues. With 12 hours shift twice a week all day standing turned me off completely.
The salary structure was AMAZING! with good growth options as well .
Pros
Salary + commission
Cons
Long Hours, Staffing issues
learning enironment and long hours on your own
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2016
Working on commission and long hours on your own. But the job was great learning more and more about the products and customer service tools
Pros
working with designers and contractors
Cons
long hours alone
Good team work
Manager on Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2015
Competition work place. good management. Lots of hours to work.no part time options for students. lots of thing to learn . if a person wants to work in this company have to change his or her behavior activities.
retail + manufacture
Design Consultant/ Manager in trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2015
This is retail company, your role would be a sales, i feel its culture is good and I like how they treat their customers. However, your salary will be very low.
Environnement du travail
employé a la production (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2015
C'est une bonne Entreprise qui donne les opportunités, d'avancer ou de faire carrière selon ton efficacité, autres points positifs, l'entreprise engagent, donne la chance à tout le monde sans distinction des races, des cultures ou des sexes tous égaux pour le travail
Pros
il y a du travail a tout moment voir même les heures supplementaieres
Cons
pas d'avantages sociaux
Good Company
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2015
Shift work , we did a lot of customer service work shops during the day . product information. Good commucation with head office.
sales environment
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  woodbrige2 July 2014
Is a retail job where you get to meet all the customers and give some advise about blinds and windows coverings. You do lift heavy blinds every morning and when customers come to pick them up.
Most of the time there is no manager, so you have to do your best with customer service related issues.The co-workers are nice and friendly.

I did learn a lot about blinds and in the process i met a lot of lovely people , the part that I liked the most is that the company rotate personal from store to store and you get to know everyone. Other thing that I love about this jobs is that the owner and the CEO keep in touch with everyone as much as they can.
Pros
friendly co-workers, constant training
Cons
no week-ends off, some stores really far from home, low salary
learning atmosphere
Sales and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON16 May 2014
working with the team/customers

leadership/sales/customer service/coaching

recruitment was the hardest part of the job

most enjoyable: coaching/mentoring new Design Consultants and
building relationships with customers
Pros
flexable schedules
Cons
heavy daily shipments
Interesting
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  GTA4 March 2014
Good work experience.
Nice team ,
Self manage store- good team work.
Sales & Development Manager
Sales and Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 December 2013
Great role to lead a team of people.

Your day will start with understanding the showrooms sales numbers and with the development of plans to help associates meet their quotas.
Pros
Create your own team.
Cons
Pay
don't fall for their fake promises; you're smarter than that
management trainee (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ON18 November 2013
I have NEVER written a review before in my life, although since working for Blinds to Go, i never start a job without looking up reviews first. This company is pathetic and a joke. There's a reason they only hire recent college graduates, as they want employees with little to no experience that are desperate to start working, then brainwash them with the company's ridiculous "culture".
The owner is very shady, you'll have a very hard time finding anything about him or the company in the media, and they keep it that way because they know they are sleaze balls, and the less exposure the better.
I feel ashamed for having bought into it and thinking this was a good career move..
After getting to know the employees, the longest-standing one was just under two years, and this is a rare case. Management was the least helpful, most impatient selfish and manipulative people I have ever met. I worked so much overtime, sometimes 60 hours a week, exceeded my sales targets every week, had amazing customer relationships, and none of this was appreciated. These people are monsters! You're so much better than this company!

I KNOW YOU'RE AN INTELLIGENT PERSON SINCE YOU'RE BOTHERING TO DO RESEARCH ON THE JOB BEFORE STARTING SO DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY! Focus your energy on finding something legit, that will actually appreciate your hard work and reward you for it, DO NOT make this terrible mistake I made by joining this joke of a company!
Cons
everything, but particularly management is actually a joke.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Procesos de ensamble y pintura (Former Employee) –  Québec, QC15 August 2013
dias excelente de trabajo.
aprendi a ser mas responsable en las areas de trabajo de acuerdo
a seguridad industrial y a toma de desiciones.
Excelente don de mando y solucion de problemas.
buena relacion de trabajo.
adaptarme a trabajar con personas de diferentes paises y diferentes costumbres.
me gusto por que habia dias que se trabajaban horas suplementarias y se pagaban las horas de trabajo .
Pros
bonos de puntualidad y productividad, seguros de gastos mayores 2 semanas de vacaciones, seguro de vida, seguro de descuento para ir de vacaciones a cualquier parte del mundo.
Cons
no hay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blinds To Go. Our community is ready to answer.