Blinds To Go

Blinds To Go Employee Reviews

Canada50 reviews
Not recommended
Salary is not good. Retails hours. Needs to work overtime. Stressful. Dealing with a problem customer. Lack of management. You need to stand on feet all day 8 to 11 hours.
Company that helps you grow
The reason I joined Blinds To Go is because they really invest in their employees and care about their personal growth and development. This is something they do from day one when they fly new employees out to their training facilities in either New Jersey or Montreal to learn about the company culture and product knowledge.

Every single hire starts out as a Design Consultant on the floor. Depending on your work ethic, motivation and openness to feedback management really goes above and beyond to help you grow. The company is always looking for hard-working and talented people they can promote from within. They do this through one on one coaching by various managers in the company, workshops provided by the company and conference calls, among other things.

As a manager of a store the company really gives you ownership of your store. You create your own goals, you build your own team and make your own plans to achieve your goals. During this process management helps you if your run into any questions or concerns. You can always reach out to fellow managers for help as well. This creates a great team atmosphere where everyone is looking after each other.
Terrible experience
Management and company culture are absolutely horrendous. The way that management carries themselves is disgusting. Would not recommend that anyone works here. Pay is not worth it even with the commission.
good job
i liked working there however it was hard to balance having a small child when i was required to work long hours with not enough employees to cover any shifts i needed off. aside from the hours not being practical for a mom having a young kids i loved everything else about the job.
Decent place to work
Great place to work with incredible work life balance and talented coworkers. Management has open door policy and always willing to help you grow in the company if you are serious about your goals. Feedback system helps you to develop skills that you need to grow not only in company but also in your personal life.
Pros
Team work, feedback system, promote within, Flexible
Cons
work on weekends
Meritocracy
Company that is committed to a culture that encourages development/growth, and challenges and teaches you to go outside of your comfort zone to develop and build skills. Empowerment of employees to make decisions that are right for our clients, while providing support throughout all levels of the organization. Biggest difference as an organization is the openness to feedback to improve company processes.
Pros
Thoughtful, Flexible management, Insistence on alignment in values, Both training and benefits for employees at all levels.
Lots of opportunity to grow and advance in this company
Good place to grow within a company. Strong teams and lots of support from all levels. Comapny also encourages us to have fun while we work. Hours can be long however and you will be standing up all day.
Pros
Job growth, teamwork
ok
it is ok, but sometimes very stressful. had a nice team and a very good manager. need to know english very well, french is an asset. treat the customers as if they are always right
They encourage promoting within
I started working at blinds to go in 2009. I first went to visit the store to get a feeling to see if I can enjoy this job and then passed an interview. When I got hired, they took the time to train me during a week and they accommodate people that live far by staying at the hotel and paying expenses during the week. I thought I was in a dream because no other job had offered me anything close. During the week I was in class with other individuals (we all had no idea about blinds etc.) They brought us in store and at the plant to really understand what we do as a company and the service we want to deliver to every customer. I found it special that the carpet is red and that it represents we must make every customer feel special and treat him as if he was our friend buying a blind. I liked the no pressure policy and that if you really take the time to understand your customer and help him he will naturally buy. The service is their number one priority in order to keep our customers happy. The head office was very welcoming and also in the stores, we feel that we are already part of the family. The team was patient and took the time needed to teach me all the products and the questions I can ask to help the customer best in order to get results. They do believe strongly in feedback and being open minded but it does come easy when you want to learn and become a better consultant. Without feedback there is no way of knowing if you are on the right path and by asking often you can correct yourself faster. The hardest part of my journey was being honest with myself in order to improve - more...
Pros
growth, pays well, fun, full time, health and dental benefits
Cons
no part time
Nice environement, nice people
I knew since the moment I walked in I want to work here. Very nice smiling people, honest recruitment process, tempting offer, all these made me chose this company instead of others. Training was very interesting, I didn't feel overwhelmed by too much information (visit at the plant, get to know a lot of interesting people).
I like this idea of family business that grew a lot. You feel like in a familiar environment with a lot of opportunities to grow.

A lot of experienced colleagues (over 5 or even 10 years in the company) can guide and help and that's very important.
Pros
Friday's barbecue on a nice terrace
Blinds to Go
Working is ok you just have to give feedback which just causes tension in the store. Pay is ok and benefits are ok as well. Could be a little bit better. I didn't mind working here
opportunity to grow, fun workplace, supportive and very understanding managers
I choose Blinds to Go because it has a long history of leadership in business industry. I am proud to be part of this company who has a top notch culture that doesn’t focus only on the business side but also the growth of their employees. They provide simulation- based training to have a better idea how the process works and having the chance to visit their manufacturing plant is very informative. They have managers who shows a great example of strong leadership as they help and guide you to grow in areas where you wanted, at your own pace, through continuous education and learning. These managers also give honest feedback that will definitely help you to improve. I’d be happy to stay in this company who helped me to discover things about myself that I am not aware of, by giving me tasks that played my strengths. Meeting lovely people and building a relationship as a team is a plus!
Pros
medical and dental benefits, welcome party, good salary
Cons
alternating schedule (9-5, 10-6, 12-8)
Taking care of employees and making you feel a part of a big family
I was lucky to join company a few year ago. Lucky because of people who make this place feel special, they believe in you and support in all your endeavors. I learned a lot not only about product itself but also about building the relationship within a team and dealing with a customer. What I appreciate a lot is that on Sunday I don't feel bothered to come at work, so I come in a nice mood charged for a good week! Grateful to work at this place and recommend you all!!!!!!
Non-productive and Not fun environment
Worst environment to work in. Management does not care about people, but expect results.
Company focused on growth and development
I joined the Blinds To Go team because I saw an opportunity to grow and be challenged. Since joining, I've had the opportunity to work with different sales teams and leaders within the organization. Each one has helped me learn our business and provided feedback that pushed me to not only grow professionally but also on a personal level, enabling me to develop into a sales manager within the Montreal region. I know that with the companies focus to grow and develop their people, as well as my desire to succeed and help make others successful, our journey together is just getting started.
Pros
Focused on growth/development
Many opportunities for advancement
Blinds To Go was my first full time job after I finished school. I saw the opportunity to grow here and so I took it. From day one, the focus was on how I could grow and what I needed to work on in order to move forward. I received a lot of support along the way from the teams and managers I've worked with. I was open to learn and eager to grow and so I used every bit of feedback I got to get to where I am today.
Pros
Good team environment. So much room for growth
Cons
On your feet all day.
Organisation that is focused on people developement and growth.
The company gives you the opportunity to make decisions and learn from your mistakes. Real growth if you work hard. Mentors are available to all employees who want to get feedback and continue to grow.
Pros
Team environement and family oriented.
Cons
Hours can be long
Worst job
this is a sales rep entrance job
little to no sales training given

worst management

supervisor is constantly away

often yelled at by supervisor

not a professional work environment

very little compensation

minimum wage
Pros
free trip to new jersey
Cons
long hours, low pay, no vacation
Stay away
As somebody who has health issues, mental and/or physical, they offered zero support and did not care in the slightest. They never accommodated when I needed it.

They preach that employees are important but all they care about is lining their own pockets. There's only one individual I've seen worse than this management team.

Sales staff and management quit fairly quickly.

A lot of customers complain because their products aren't made properly or break quickly.

Only way to succeed is if you sell your soul.

Would only consider going back if I was laid $250,000 a year or more.
Pros
Can have decent pay
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, poor quality control
Horrible Mangement
pros
- decent money

cons

- high turnover

- stores are consistently understaffed because people are always quitting

- long stressful hours because there are not enough people to manage the hours the store is open but company wont reduce hours

- new people are hired for understaffed stores and cant be properly trained because there's not enough staff or time to do so

- consistently being told what you're doing is not good enough

-never any words of encouragement from owners only negative feedback

- they try to pride themselves on workplace culture but its the farthest place from a happy work environment
Fun workplace
The staff and management were very friendly and always ready to help.

Lots of communication with the staff in the US, due to sales.

Learned a lot, was my first job in accounting.