Blenz Coffee Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
Great place to build relationships with others. Fun work place along as you have a great team. Christmas time is always the best as it brings in happy customers.
Great working condition
Baristas (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 May 2018
Got hard work in the rush hour. The working condition was fun. Cooperating with colleagues was quite important. Learning the skills of making coffee and other types.
Excelent
Barista (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 February 2018
It was great everybody was great, had a wonderful time working there. The Manage Jo-Anne is a fabulous person i have nothing bad to say about the people i worked with there.
the space and workers both had lack of management
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2018
New employees were not trained well. The workers get along well, this allows the workers to help each other to learn. Employees are tasked with making fresh brewed coffee, making espresso drinks, and preparing edible goods. New employees learn by being active and learning what to do by first hand bases.
Pros
good workplace culture
Cons
poor management
Demandful
CASHIER, COOK (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2018
All depends on a manager you are going to have. Some of them want you to learn every detail of the job for 2-3 days and yet pay very little.My location was very busy, so maybe that is why it was like that.
Great Atmosphere
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2018
friendly customers and great working hours and a nice experience learning to make various coffee and tea-based drinks and crafting them to perfection for ultimate satisfaction
Nice work place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 December 2017
Staff is nice and customer there are nice as well.
Food is fresh and the place are always clean and decent. Everything fast on hand. A lot of parking lot
Fun workplace
BARISTA AND CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver. BC3 October 2017
It was fun working in the coffee shop, but the salary is just minimum wage and you get low benefits...................................................
pleasant workplace
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
Working in the Blenz Coffee as a bairsta was the best experience in Vancouver. I served not only drinks but also the service . Most people who were regular customers came to cafe everyday in this location and then we had small talk to greet every customer who came here. Customer is not just a customer, we can treat them as our friend or family.
fun place to learn coffee
Front barista and cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2017
Working in Blenz Coffee helped me learned a lot, especially in coffee culture. Not only I had learned how to make latte art, I also learned what's called a good customer service. Through the communications with different customers, I noticed that just by providing a drink to customers, we are connected with them at the same time.
Pros
learning coffee
Cons
less pay
Blenz Coffee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 July 2017
Responsible to develop customer relations with serving high quality beverage and service. Within a small shop, customer service is very important to give the customer good feedback. Returned customer to be regular customer somehow is not easy. I need to train the stuffs about the beverage making with high quality and the speed control. Also, I need to train them other duties for the store. Inventory checking and ordering is basic duties for regular shift. It's a very nice and friendly team, all the stuffs are very nice.
Blenz
Owner / Franchisee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver28 June 2017
Good company to work for. Had a great run with them, marketing can use some help but other that everything is good. Would like to see if they offer multiple locations.
Fun, creative place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 April 2017
Fun place to work if you enjoy being creative and like to help others find what they are looking for. Need to be a self starter and take direction easily to make it long term. Great for part time and full time work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inconsitstent schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 April 2017
At blenz you get great training and they take time and effort into what they do. They make the best quality drinks and take time to make them taste and look good
Pros
Free drink
Great environment for coffee lovers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2017
Each Blenz is owned by different management, so find the place that works best for you. You will learn all about coffee and it's benefits/components, and how to make them. As well as how a team efficiently works together in a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of the job was getting back on the shift schedule after a leave of absence.
But the best part of the job was all the great people I got to know and work with as well as making customers days by providing them an essential and great tasting part of their routine.
Enjoyable
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC4 December 2016
Memorized how every drink was made, and learned how to create "latte art".

Co workers were a lot of fun to work with

Being creative with drinks was one of my favorite things to do
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay
Productive and supportive work environment
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  CA25 November 2016
I enjoy meeting new people and talking to them and customer service provides me just that experience. It is amazing to work with people who come from different countries and really have an enc
Cons
Less hours
No work life balance at all!!
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 October 2016
I didn't even work for three months, they turn staff over weekly. Had to wait until Wednesday to find out if I worked the weekend. Poor management. If you want to be critiqued over everything you do and plan your weekends on Wednesday, this is the place for you.
Pros
None that I saw
Cons
Disorganized management
Great place to work :)
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, BC26 July 2016
I worked at Aberdeen Mall blenz coffee for almost a year. I can confidently say that it was the best place I have ever worked :) The management was excellent, understanding and very friendly. The coffee is absolutely the best in quality, as training was very efficient and helpful. For the hours that I needed as I worked on a farm, they were very accommodating ! Its a job that I would love to have again :)
Pros
Very understanding for hours and discounts on foods and beverages
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC24 July 2016
Management is awful! No notice on schedule as it comes out on Saturday for the week starting on Sunday. The franchise owners are really good and worked to make sure staff got the benefits that were laid out in the handbook. Staff is friendly, and customers are usually pleasant. Downtown location is sketchy with some drunks and creepy people, especially while working alone in the evening.
Pros
Free drinks