Blaze Pizza

Blaze Pizza Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
A Fast paced work environment. The Team Leaders and Managers, Staffs are extremely friendly. However I think it is understaffed and salary is too low.
Pros
Discount for Food
Cons
Long Hours
Love working at blaze since everyone is nice and hardworking. Its kinda busy but you’ll enjoy the pressure and the managers are the best! I highly recommend working and eating here
Working at Blaze Pizza can be a blast if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, get along with your coworkers, and enjoy working with rude, unprofessional management who sit on their butts all day yelling at anyone who looks in their direction.
I, as a full time high school student who was volunteering and engaging in extracurriculars,(management was aware of this) was working 30 hours or more a week. Although management was also aware that I was reliant on public transport, I was frequently forced to work past when it stops running. I was walking home two hours at 1 AM at least twice a week. This continually occurred despite my advocating for my safety and sanity. One day I had a migraine and was throwing up and I was still expected to work(gross). There were several times that I didn’t get a break during a 7 hour shift(illegal). It was genuinely the worst experience of my life and didn’t stay long. Thanks to this position, over a year later I still hyperventilate and become anxious when I see the restaurant or smell the cleaning solution Blaze uses. My coworkers were awesome though, and I sincerely hope that they’ve been able to move on to better things.
Pros
Cool coworkers, half off food on a day that you have a shift
Cons
Long hours, horrible management, perfection expected in everything, high stress, etc
I enjoy working at Blaze Pizza because we work us family. Serving guest with a big smile, exact and accurate. Seeing your guest satisfaction is really big deal.
Overall the place is good but management is horrible and liars and racist the employees get mistreated by the manger and they used to be very cultural but unfortunately now it’s just straight philpinos it’s no longer cultural anymore and the times I went there, so sloppy with the food when making and give a a lot of attitude towards customers.
Pros
Good food nice vibe
Cons
Terrible management, only philpinos, lots of bullying, Uncommunicative, attitude
Blaze pizza Managers are so unprofessional, even after the job offer it take a month for you to start working. Also, the maneger does not train the new workers properly and expect them to know everything.
Pros
Managers are unprofessional
Cons
Flexible schedule
It's a very stressful, fast-paced environment. Especially during weekends at night. Working in this place requires a lot of quick thinking and fast learning. Definitely recommended if you work well under fast paced environments, the staff you work with are often very relaxed and friendly.
working at blaze pizza is not hard. i was actually enjoying working my team, the management, the workplace culture. everything is just going smoothly.
The people I worked with were the best. I had no problem with the management. You feel safe working at the restaurant the guest who eats in the restaurant are respectful and they don't make any problems in the store.
The job is fast paced and never slows down. Management were extremely petty about how much cheese to put on a pizza but customers are always asking for extra toppings, what did you expect.

Managers will try to micro manage you and always talking about saving money. Managers are going to make sure you ask irrelevant questions to the customers all the time, even during rush hour.

They are not flexible. You can try giving 2 weeks notice to book days off but they wont be satisfied and likely to say no. If you're new hire then you will likely get all the closing shifts after completing your training (Have fun cleaning until 2 am ).

Managers expect maximum effort of service and quality from you. You honestly don't get paid enough (even with tips) to go through this. There are many easier and better jobs to work for minimum wage.
After being yelled at and basically berated in front of my co-workers, I had to quit the next day and couldn't even go back because of how uncomfortable it was. Still haven't brought back my uniform because I haven't heard back from them, and haven't even heard from HR after reporting that horrible incident. Management is the worse, and could not care less about whoever is below them.

I was real excited to work here because they sold it like it was going to be fun and beneficial and all that. But it wasn't, I had a real problem with the fact that I was the only one with a smartserve in a shift. Even the PIC didn't have it. That was stupid, because I would have to basically stop whatever I was doing just to accomodate cash. Which was inconvenient because of how many tasks they would give you despite knowing that there's 10 additional tasks they forgot they gave you 10 minutes ago.

The only thing good about this job was the first two weeks when the management were actually nice and would listen to you. But wait until they get annoyed of you, they'd scream about how much "attitude" you're giving to them (despite no evidence) and how they've had enough of you but their inferior complex sure shows the actual reason why they're lashing out on you. I wouldn't recommend this job even if it's the last thing. Look somewhere else. Trust me. It's not worth it. Especially for your mental health.
Fast place to work and it was a nice pizza to enjoy I was a quick dishwasher and very fast we usually close by 12:30am something we use to be busy working up to 4am that was awesome
The work there was fast-faced. It was always busy at the same time, it was fun because the management there was friendly. I've really enjoyed working there
The workplace is very friendly with the workers. Everyone is friends with one another, no beef. The management was very supportive of your availability, they would give you what you asked for.
Gud work place for student's. They should gain experience and make their future bright in food chain supply.It,s also gud for full time workers who intersted do work in food environment
Let me start off by saying that this job is the most stressful place to work in. The fact that managers time you during tasks and expect you to finish in an unreasonable amount of time, puts unnecessary stress on us. There's this one manger that's super annoying and talks behind everyone's backs, basically belittling them. The work environment is hostile and competitive. I would never recommend such a toxic environment to anyone and before they hire anyone else I wholeheartedly recommend that they respect and treat their employees the way they'd treat themselves.
Management with in the organization is good. The teach you what you need to know and have a clear vision they need their managers to achieve. The work is a lot for one person to handle but good leaders have a way to figure what needs to be done out. The only negative I would say is that the labour target is very tough to reach but aside from that, great company to work for.
Fun to work here. Good management and co-workers. Highly recommended.
I worked there for a couple months and I can honestly say its not worth it. The employees are the only thing worth staying for. The manager is lazy and rude and doesn't help but is the first to criticize and complain. The scheduling is equally as horrible, they don't cooperate with time-off and don't care if you can't work at certain times- they will schedule you anyways. They will schedule you 9+ hours and won't give you a proper break unless you ask.
Pros
half off food ONLY when working
Cons
everything else
a typical day at work is usually busy but my coworkers and I handle it well. We all work hard to achieve the maximum quality of every pizza. The management are really giving with hours and follows my schedule. Most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers and making friendships along the way.
Pros
discounted meal when working
Cons
Kind of tiring