Blaze Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun workplace but little working hours
Dough Maker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2019
Fun to work here. Good management and co-workers. Highly recommended.
Not worth it
pizzaolo (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 May 2019
I worked there for a couple months and I can honestly say its not worth it. The employees are the only thing worth staying for. The manager is lazy and rude and doesn't help but is the first to criticize and complain. The scheduling is equally as horrible, they don't cooperate with time-off and don't care if you can't work at certain times- they will schedule you anyways. They will schedule you 9+ hours and won't give you a proper break unless you ask.
Pros
half off food ONLY when working
Cons
everything else
Very fun workplace with hard working people
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2019
a typical day at work is usually busy but my coworkers and I handle it well. We all work hard to achieve the maximum quality of every pizza. The management are really giving with hours and follows my schedule. Most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers and making friendships along the way.
Pros
discounted meal when working
Cons
Kind of tiring
Not a bad place but management needs work
Pizzaioli (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 April 2019
I have worked at Blaze now for a couple of months and have enjoyed it overall. My only issue with it has been management. I started working there right when the store opened and as such was expecting to have some problems. Management will shorten your hours if she is upset with you and is very petty with the people she doesn't like. Also will get mad if you font accept the hours without question. The scripting they give is very fake and they willl call you out on it if you dont say it exactly as written. Only get 50% off during your shift. They will push you for speed and only sped. The online orders are expected to be put infront of customers in the store causing them to get mad at you. They said we would be getting two shirts and a hat only recieved one. Breaks are sometimes missed as i usually make sure to ask for mine. If you are scheduled tilll close then you are expected to stay until everything is done which means you wont get a break even if you are staying very late.

Other crew workers are really nice and fun. Shift leads are great and accommodating.
Pros
50% off (on shift only)
Cons
Management is awful.
Easy to get into the swing of things.
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2019
First job I had after being out of work for years. My manager was great and I was always happy to walk in and start my shift. Learned a lot about keeping your guests happy. Working here made me confident getting back into the work force.
Its pretty relaxing so far, a lot to learn still which i would say is the best part!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2019
Its pretty kin on how its done but the staff love to learn and love to help eachother other out whenever nessicary. Everyone is really devoted and its the perfect apmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch, chill team mates
Blaze Pizza review
Cook and prepare pizza for customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2019
Blaze pizza is a great company with great food. The particular location I worked at had some issues with management and staffing. shifts were often changed without letting staff know.
Pros
good food
Cons
management
Too much work for such little pay
Cashier and cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2019
I didn’t like the job at all. I couldn’t talk to the managers so I did everything to get fired because they would yell if I tried to quit. When service was busy there was always someone to blame. The managers
Unpleasant
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2018
Abstract: Stressful and overworked for minimum wage

Blaze Pizza is honestly the worst job I've worked at to date. The work environment is terrible, the managers watch your every move only to comment on everything you do wrong. Its overly stressful for no reason. Our script of "please and thank you's/please follow your pizza down the line" is fake and annoying; although we say please and thank you, customers or "guests" can tell we don't mean it. The main thing with blaze is that we're supposed to go fast but when going fast is all you care about you lack in your genuine care for customers. Managers send people home when they aren't busy only to be understaffed when it comes time to close??? Higher ups place too much pressure on managers > shift leads > team members. Managers are extremely demeaning. Only positive is that the team members are very nice to work with.
Pros
50% off food (only when you're working) Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks, Stressful, Bad hours
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2018
I worked with people who encourages me to push through hard times and though were super tired. it is verry easy to request days off as long as you do it in advance which is one of the advantages in working at blaze.
fun workplace in every aspect except for management
Team Member and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2018
i have worked here for little over two years, and have never had an issue with anyone. however the turnover rate for management has been ridiculous. current management set up provides unfair expectations and requirements for anyone wanting to move up in their career and they treat their employees unfair and disrespectfully. not to mention how significantly underpayed the staff are for the amount of work needed to be there. secret shopper reports to allow staff to get their bonuses have unrealistic and unfair standards and requirements and set the restaurant up for failure every time, which in turn causes management to become difficult to work with because its the responsibility of the supervisors and their staff (most people aged from 14-18 who are still in school and care little for the job anyway) to accommodate these ridiculous expectations and shoppers of their standards on top of the hundred different duties required from them for their day to day responsibilities. on top of that, management has a terrible quality of playing favoritism among certain staff of same race.

all around terrible company to work for and i hope anyone who considers this job understands that the work place in general and the people made it great which should be enough for customer service. But the standards and expectations of it from management and management themselves make it terrible.
Pros
good people
Cons
little to no hours, favoritism, management
Productive and Fun learning Experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Emerald Hills, Sherwood Park15 August 2018
building relationship with my team, coaching and training them on a daily basis and setting them up for success. I create a culture of more like a family that works as a team to achieve our Goal. I enjoyed going to work everyday because I learned something everyday and impart my knowledge and know-how in day to day operations.
Fast and cultured workplace
Pizza 'olo (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 July 2018
Extremely fun workplace I enjoyed working with all my fellow employees and shift leads management could be somewhat stressful but overall we were well trained and the shift leads and other employees were accepting and helpful considering this was my first job.
Pros
50% off all products and free drinks
Cons
Very fast moving, sometimes hard to keep up
fun working place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2018
blaze pizza is a very wonderful and fun environment for one to work in, its a place you get great customer service. staffs there are treated with respect
Fast & Fun
Shift Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 September 2017
Great training procedures. Company is solid. Opening more franchise stores so there is room for promotion. Fun environment and very fast paced, loyal guests.
Pros
Free Pizza & Drinks
Very productive and fun work environment
Dough/pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Blaze pizza is a really good fast food franchise restaurant to work at. Everyone is very happy to serve and interact with customers. Always very friendly and have good work ethics. They strive to exceed high expectations and go beyond needed. Food quality there is very good, and always fresh to customers as well. If there happens to be anything wrong with ur purchase, they are more than happy to find out the caused and simply accommodate you for what you did not expect/receive. I have not worked/been to a more better and happy pizza store!
Fun place to work but pay is not enough
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
I have worked there for a long time and received a 25 cents raise after over a year. Staff are nice to work with. Managers are nice. But the pressure from the management (big bosses) is too much. The pay is not worth it. The job is good for students.
Great job for highschool students
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
It's a minimum wage job but I loved the co-workers and the manager (andrew)
It's hard and cosntant routine work (cleaning, prepping, etc)
Pros:
-The people (co-workers +customers) its in downtown so you always see something interesting
-Location (sometimes concerts, events, parades happen in front of you)
-Manager (andrew +brian) nice people, you just have to be honest and upfront, they always help anyway they can
-Health benifits (dental, etc)

Con:
The reason I left the job because of the pay, wasn't enough to support myself
-It's a similar job to McDonalds
Pros
customers, co-workers, management, benifits
Cons
pay
The staff is awesome and you make the best out of bad days.
Pizza’olo/Expo/Pizza Smith (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
Management will make you hate your life, but that's like any place I guess. If you work night shift expect to close late from all the dishes piled up/cleaning (depends on the store location and size). If you work mornings expect to prep a lot of stuff or do absolutely nothing but fold pizza boxes.
Productive place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
A very cool and awesome place to eat and to work. Staffs are fun and enthusiastic. For food they got 8 signatures pizza , simple pie , one top and the best part is building your own pizza for a cheap price.