Blaze Pizza Employee Reviews

fun workplace in every aspect except for management
Team Member and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2018
i have worked here for little over two years, and have never had an issue with anyone. however the turnover rate for management has been ridiculous. current management set up provides unfair expectations and requirements for anyone wanting to move up in their career and they treat their employees unfair and disrespectfully. not to mention how significantly underpayed the staff are for the amount of work needed to be there. secret shopper reports to allow staff to get their bonuses have unrealistic and unfair standards and requirements and set the restaurant up for failure every time, which in turn causes management to become difficult to work with because its the responsibility of the supervisors and their staff (most people aged from 14-18 who are still in school and care little for the job anyway) to accommodate these ridiculous expectations and shoppers of their standards on top of the hundred different duties required from them for their day to day responsibilities. on top of that, management has a terrible quality of playing favoritism among certain staff of same race.

all around terrible company to work for and i hope anyone who considers this job understands that the work place in general and the people made it great which should be enough for customer service. But the standards and expectations of it from management and management themselves make it terrible.
Pros
good people
Cons
little to no hours, favoritism, management
Productive and Fun learning Experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Emerald Hills, Sherwood Park15 August 2018
building relationship with my team, coaching and training them on a daily basis and setting them up for success. I create a culture of more like a family that works as a team to achieve our Goal. I enjoyed going to work everyday because I learned something everyday and impart my knowledge and know-how in day to day operations.
Fast and cultured workplace
Pizza 'olo (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 July 2018
Extremely fun workplace I enjoyed working with all my fellow employees and shift leads management could be somewhat stressful but overall we were well trained and the shift leads and other employees were accepting and helpful considering this was my first job.
Pros
50% off all products and free drinks
Cons
Very fast moving, sometimes hard to keep up
fun working place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2018
blaze pizza is a very wonderful and fun environment for one to work in, its a place you get great customer service. staffs there are treated with respect
Fast & Fun
Shift Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 September 2017
Great training procedures. Company is solid. Opening more franchise stores so there is room for promotion. Fun environment and very fast paced, loyal guests.
Pros
Free Pizza & Drinks
Very productive and fun work environment
Dough/pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Blaze pizza is a really good fast food franchise restaurant to work at. Everyone is very happy to serve and interact with customers. Always very friendly and have good work ethics. They strive to exceed high expectations and go beyond needed. Food quality there is very good, and always fresh to customers as well. If there happens to be anything wrong with ur purchase, they are more than happy to find out the caused and simply accommodate you for what you did not expect/receive. I have not worked/been to a more better and happy pizza store!
Fun place to work but pay is not enough
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
I have worked there for a long time and received a 25 cents raise after over a year. Staff are nice to work with. Managers are nice. But the pressure from the management (big bosses) is too much. The pay is not worth it. The job is good for students.
Great job for highschool students
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2017
It's a minimum wage job but I loved the co-workers and the manager (andrew)
It's hard and cosntant routine work (cleaning, prepping, etc)
Pros:
-The people (co-workers +customers) its in downtown so you always see something interesting
-Location (sometimes concerts, events, parades happen in front of you)
-Manager (andrew +brian) nice people, you just have to be honest and upfront, they always help anyway they can
-Health benifits (dental, etc)

Con:
The reason I left the job because of the pay, wasn't enough to support myself
-It's a similar job to McDonalds
Pros
customers, co-workers, management, benifits
Cons
pay
The staff is awesome and you make the best out of bad days.
Pizza’olo/Expo/Pizza Smith (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
Management will make you hate your life, but that's like any place I guess. If you work night shift expect to close late from all the dishes piled up/cleaning (depends on the store location and size). If you work mornings expect to prep a lot of stuff or do absolutely nothing but fold pizza boxes.
Productive place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
A very cool and awesome place to eat and to work. Staffs are fun and enthusiastic. For food they got 8 signatures pizza , simple pie , one top and the best part is building your own pizza for a cheap price.
Fun, yet demanding workplace environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2016
Amazing people, great management team. Everyone in the company are always willing to help each other out. On the contrary, it is a very demanding workplace environment for the pay rate. Usually asked to stay behind a little longer for weekly meetings or do work related activities during time off. Other than that, it is an amazing workplace environment with rewarding bonuses each month for both staff and management.