Blaze Marketing

Blaze Marketing Employee Reviews

High turnover for a reason
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 March 2017
-hired sight unseen
-training is next to nothing and you are treated poorly right away
-store staff is not a fan of Blaze employees and will give you a hard time
-co-workers can be unreliable and unhelpful especially if you rely on them to meet on time and get work completed properly
-immature and rude upper management and supervisors
-pay is held at whim and you have to hound at times to get it
-pay is also threatened to be held by Sobeys upper management to encourage work completion, regardless of your work load and availability or ability or training
-technology is in the dark ages for reporting completed work and gettting paid. Don't expect mileage
-hard labour at times with long shifts and no lunches or breaks
-pay is not taxed
Pros
Not much
Cons
See above
Blaze was a fantastic company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South Western Ontario16 February 2017
Had a great working relationship with company staff, my teams and clients. It was a pleasure to go to work every day. I will miss all the friends I made while working at Blaze.
Terrible Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2017
Cheapest marketing company out there. 12 an hour forever. Could care less about you. Work is too physical for that kind of money. Bad for your back. On ladders bringing heavy product up and down. People quit constantly.
Pros
No boss watching you.
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Decent company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 January 2017
Worked in teams of two or three. Learned how to read plan-o-grams, shelf rotation and labeling merchandise. Short term employment but it seemed to be a decent job. Management was very good. Not a difficult job to do but was a good learning experience.
Pros
Worked in small teams
Cons
Short term employment
Travel
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 July 2016
Sometimes you get to Travel , but getting your expenses back take for ever. If you want full time work this job is not for you.
Productive and Fun workplace.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 July 2016
very productive workplace with basic doable activities and very effective teammates who are willing to complete their various tasks in a timely manner.
Poor employer
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON2 July 2016
Routinely underpays you and makes you fight against them to get paid for the work you did. Hours are unpredictable and local store often already did the reline you were hired to do, so you wasted your drive to the store.
Busy place to work, people always around you and can get in your way
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 May 2016
People I work with are all very nice but is stressing, aching and hard working. Not enough money is paid for the work you do.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Travel to far places and painful
productive and fun work place
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON21 July 2015
typical day at work is good, I learning how to be more open with people, the hardest part of the job would be when your doing a reline when the store is open and the store is crowded, trying to stay out of customers way, the most enjoyable part of the job is how friendly the staff at the stores are and how friendly most of the customers are.
Pros
meeting new people, working in new places
Cons
traveling
Absolutely the crappiest company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  windsor, On17 June 2015
THE recruiter makes it sound like a cool and fun place to work and is friendly, but that's where it ENDS.

The initial paperwork is costly and over-whelming---they expect YOU to pay $ 60 for a police clearance and they KEEP the record---you have to pay to have it delivered and ONLY hire you after they receive that clearance. Getting reimbursed for the $60 bucks-takes several emails, phone calls, and about 8-12 weeks.

The MOUNTAIN of paperwork---(no joke, about 30-45 pages) you have to fill out, all prior to getting hired is RIDICULOUS !.

The wage is almost MINIMUM.

When you get to your assignment, your are treated like a unwanted new hire trying to steal other employees hours, unfriendly, cold, curt.

The palnograms are tiny print, sometimes blurred, incorrectly copied, BLACK & WHITE sheets of paper that the picture is basically useless. Which means you are forced to use the numerical, sequential loooong list to allocate your product.

You must provide your own tools if you want the job done correctly.

They often give conflicting orders, not professional as far as being organized, having simple items such as signs, tape, etc.

You must provide your own uniform---shirt, shoes & pants---must be solid black.

HOURS ARE few and far between, you could complete your store in like 2 hours.

The computer entries are complex, and expense reporting is EVEN MORE COMPLEX and can take up to 8-12 weeks to receive any reimbursement.

People don't show, call in sick and quit on a regular basis.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Sobeys Reline
Sobeys Reliner (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON18 January 2015
Get to the sobeys and wait for the planogram is available.
then proceed to execute what was asked for according to head office.
My coworkers are great and very personable. I love being able to interact with people during the job as well as being out of the way.
Pros
Few hours
Cons
no stable schedule
Good
(PT) Team Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 December 2014
Good place to learn about merchandising, mainly about relining, team personalities, how to work effectively, timely and accurately and how to communicate with management.
one of the worst merchandising companies out there
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  toronto21 August 2014
working for blaze is a joke. they will give you hours some weeks and then you might go 2 or 3 weeks with no hours at all. pay is the lowest in the merchandising industry. head office HR does not return calls when they say they would (multiple occasions) nor do they hire fairly. no wonder they post "new" jobs regularly for the same projects, look and see for yourself. i would avoid this employer at all costs and work for a different company.
great job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2014
excellent place to work great hours great employees even at head office we were even sent Christmas cards from people we didn't meet
Pros
great hours
Cons
locations vary
enjoyed the work and freedom
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, Ontario24 June 2014
just not enough consistent work to pay the bills
enjoy the challenges of following planograms(sometimes finding errors) and making shelves look wonderful by the time I'm done.
Pros
working with min supervision
Cons
not enough work
Merchandising in Grocery
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2014
It all started 2011 night shift, I was fortunate to have a great couple of team leads, and the work was hard and heavy at times but it was fun
The night passed quickly when you are putting in 10.5 hrs thats a good thing,
Co-workers were you found the ones that had similar interests,
I learned a lot in the summer of 2011 hence why I'm still with Blaze in 2014
Pros
busy work fun good people
Cons
heavy work sometimes dirty
excellent company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sussex, NB24 December 2013
I love working with Blaze, they are friendly, informative, and always there when you need them.
blaze
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 November 2013
it was a great experience I learned a lot about planograms, setting up stores, how to send in my pay stubs. the environment was very welcoming and there was always no faces but they never hesitated to come over and say hello. it was a lot of traveling and I really in enjoyed that part of the job, I've traveled as far as Halliburton and it was an amazing experience.
have enjoyed all of my past and present positions that i have had over the years
sales (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 May 2013
i really enjoy working in the public, meeting the customers and chatting with them while i scan their groceries. if they have children i get them to help out with little things that they can do. i beleive that a cashier's job is very important as we are the last ones the customers see and sometimes that decides if the customer will come back again. over the 12 years i have worked as a cashier i have not experienced an upset customer. my goal is to always
make the customer have a happy experience in whatever job i have. i get along great with my co-workers and management. i have learned in all my present and former jobs to give the customer your undivided attention...you may never know the effect you have on the customers just by being friendly, smiling, helping them find something, being polite, having a good and positive attitude, being a good listener.
i have a pleasant personality, very friendly, out-going,
eager for new challenges and responsibilities
willing to be re-trained
receive great pleasure in helping orders
volunteer my time to worthy causes e.g. cancer organizations, the elderly, children, and church activities.
am a member of the lionettes
Pros
like working in the public
Cons
not enough hours at grocery store No Frills
Flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Windsor to Kingston9 May 2013
They are great people to work for. Hands on training.

I love to be on the go, talking with and meeting the needs of our clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blaze Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6