Blaze Marketing

Blaze Marketing Pay & Benefits reviews

Canada48 reviews
No System
The job of Reliner itself is not good. It's not that Blaze is doing something wrong but the job itself is not good. The pay was only $15/hr and hours were just random. Work was fine rather easy but is mostly overnight job and requires a high level of patience. It's just not enough money to keep me coming back for random hours every night. Management was nice listened patiently to every one of my questions. It's an okay job if you are illegible for any other.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Low Pay and Fluid hours
Aweful
MISSING PAY...LIKE A WHOLE $200
WITHHOLD REPORTS AND DONT TELL YOU

WAIT A MONTH FOR PAY IF THEY DECIDE TO APPROVE YOUR REPORT

DISRESPECTFUL

PARTNERS ON PROJECTS ARE SEXIST...AND BLAZE DOESNT ADDRESS THE CONFLICTS YOU ENCOUNTER

CALL YOU FOR WORK AND DONT REIMBURSE YOU FOR GOING OUTSIDE YOUR REGION

LOW PAY RATE WHICH DOESNT EQUAL THE WORK...NEEDS $20 AND HOUR MINIMUM

LAST MINUTE TRAININGS AND DONT RAISE YOUR LEAD PAY FOR IT

OUTDATED FLOOR PLANS AND DOESNT LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU TELL THEM THE PLANOGRAM PRINTED DOESNT MATCH THE BOOKED SECTIONS FEET

If you would like to work for free and be stressed out, disrespected, injured on the job and no benefits....woken up in the middle of your sleep when you are not scheduled, to have a rude voice in your ears....only good part about the job is when you start it and nobody from the company calls you to disrupt your inner peace....no phone calls and then all is well....This job if definitely for you! Enjoy!
I worked with them and had a dispute with them multiple times to the point they wont schedule you and ignore you and try to threaten you with HR when they are the ones doing illegal acts....
Worse company EVER!
Missing pay, withholding of reports and inconvenience. It is unacceptable and unprofessional on countless occasions that I have to continue to call and explain myself as to why I am missing pay and why reports are being held without my knowledge. I am informing you and I hope that you do know, that in the Ontario's Standards Act, it's illegal to withhold someone's pay and the hours they've worked. On top of that pay, stubs do not come on time. All three weeks late I receive my pay stubs.
They make it very clear that they don't care about their employee's well-being. But they love to inconvenience your livelihood.

It's disgusting to see how low and degrading, neglectful to people you guys, could be. Your ignorance is beyond professionalism in the workplace.
Merchandiser in Keswick and Bradford Ontario
I worked for this company twice. I should have known that the problems the first time around would have been fixed. NOT and even worse. They held my pay back for days. I lost my car insurance do to non payment as my pay was not in my account until the following week. The job is easy my co workers were great and even the store's personnel was awesome. But no hours and they expect you to make a special trip down to the store once a week to go over things. If you want to get paid and have it be for what you are worth. Walk away from Blaze. Also, note that experienced merchandisers like myself made the bottom amount of money posted in their job posting. BEWARE
Extremely Poor, Undependable
Very physical work
No reimbursement for supplies and barely any reimbursement for travel

No manuals, barely any training or support

Made to report in on a phone in triplicate and kept track of by GPS

Made to give 2 weeks notice for appts and yet not given hours for weeks at a time
Pros
Good exercise relining, but horrible company with high turnover
Blaze Marketing is one of those companies that is always hiring because they cannot win any employee loyalty because of the way they treat employees. You will struggle to get paid. If you do merchandising out of town, you will wait half a year or more to be paid for mileage and the correct amount for your many hours of work. You will be leaving messages on their telephone in Nova Scotia regularly because they chronically underpay you, or even don't pay you at all. When you get to a FreshCo the manager might say that they already relined that section and then you go home with no work after wasting your time and money driving there.
Pros
Job is good exercise
Cons
Difficult to get paid and reimbursed for expenses
Apply elsewhere
It can be very physical ( Standing on a ladder and handling large cases of canned goods and placing on top shelves of grocery store). It should not be a minimum wage job but it is. Even if you work there 5 years, you will still make the same. You can request a raise but the procedure is long and in the end, you might get .25 cent raise. There are better companies around to apply to. Blaze is desperate and will hire just about anyone.
Pros
Cons
inconsistent hours
High turnover for a reason
-hired sight unseen
-training is next to nothing and you are treated poorly right away

-store staff is not a fan of Blaze employees and will give you a hard time

-co-workers can be unreliable and unhelpful especially if you rely on them to meet on time and get work completed properly

-immature and rude upper management and supervisors

-pay is held at whim and you have to hound at times to get it

-pay is also threatened to be held by Sobeys upper management to encourage work completion, regardless of your work load and availability or ability or training

-technology is in the dark ages for reporting completed work and gettting paid. Don't expect mileage

-hard labour at times with long shifts and no lunches or breaks
-pay is not taxed
Pros
Not much
Cons
See above
Decent company to work for
Worked in teams of two or three. Learned how to read plan-o-grams, shelf rotation and labeling merchandise. Short term employment but it seemed to be a decent job. Management was very good. Not a difficult job to do but was a good learning experience.
Pros
Worked in small teams
Cons
Short term employment
Travel
Sometimes you get to Travel , but getting your expenses back take for ever. If you want full time work this job is not for you.
Poor employer
Routinely underpays you and makes you fight against them to get paid for the work you did. Hours are unpredictable and local store often already did the reline you were hired to do, so you wasted your drive to the store.
Busy place to work, people always around you and can get in your way
People I work with are all very nice but is stressing, aching and hard working. Not enough money is paid for the work you do.
Pros
Choose your own hours
Cons
Travel to far places and painful
enjoyed the work and freedom
just not enough consistent work to pay the bills
enjoy the challenges of following planograms(sometimes finding errors) and making shelves look wonderful by the time I'm done.
Pros
working with min supervision
Cons
not enough work
poor communication by the project assistant
it was hard work, fast pace i was well payed my co worker were slow workers
Pros
alot of work
Cons
bad hours