Blaze Marketing

Blaze Marketing Management reviews

Unnecessarily stressful
Disorganized and because HQ isn’t even in the same province, grocery store management at some times would not allow us to leave until we completed a task delegated by them that was never in our job description (putting out new stock, organizing old stock, waiting for new price tags to be printed to put them out at the very end of a shift when you’ve already submitted a report). You never know when a shift will end because you just “work until it’s done”. Also had me train people on my THIRD DAY.
Merchandising
Worked as a part time merchandiser in grocery stores for blaze. Not a bad company to work for although they did not provide enough consistent work during early to mid summer months. Weekly shifts could have been increased provided there had been more work opportunities.Felt confident about the management and staff. Hardest part is repeated bending or reaching to the back of a bottom shelf to remove products.Work was fast paced and very physical. Was paired up with another merchandiser to work together so better suited for someone who likes working with others in compared to working on your own.Tasks involved moving and cleaning grocery shelves. Had to review and implement planograms, removing and restocking new or discontinued product. worked closely with store managers to ensure everything is correct layout.
Aweful
MISSING PAY...LIKE A WHOLE $200
WITHHOLD REPORTS AND DONT TELL YOU

WAIT A MONTH FOR PAY IF THEY DECIDE TO APPROVE YOUR REPORT

DISRESPECTFUL

PARTNERS ON PROJECTS ARE SEXIST...AND BLAZE DOESNT ADDRESS THE CONFLICTS YOU ENCOUNTER

CALL YOU FOR WORK AND DONT REIMBURSE YOU FOR GOING OUTSIDE YOUR REGION

LOW PAY RATE WHICH DOESNT EQUAL THE WORK...NEEDS $20 AND HOUR MINIMUM

LAST MINUTE TRAININGS AND DONT RAISE YOUR LEAD PAY FOR IT

OUTDATED FLOOR PLANS AND DOESNT LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU TELL THEM THE PLANOGRAM PRINTED DOESNT MATCH THE BOOKED SECTIONS FEET

If you would like to work for free and be stressed out, disrespected, injured on the job and no benefits....
woken up in the middle of your sleep when you are not scheduled, to have a rude voice in your ears....only good part about the job is when you start it and nobody from the company calls you to disrupt your inner peace....no phone calls and then all is well....This job if definitely for you! Enjoy!
I worked with them and had a dispute with them multiple times to the point they wont schedule you and ignore you and try to threaten you with HR when they are the ones doing illegal acts....
Would not return
No comment
This is not a company I would recommend nor would I consider working here again

They don't trust their employees enough to have them work independently
Worse company EVER!
Missing pay, withholding of reports and inconvenience. It is unacceptable and unprofessional on countless occasions that I have to continue to call and explain myself as to why I am missing pay and why reports are being held without my knowledge. I am informing you and I hope that you do know, that in the Ontario's Standards Act, it's illegal to withhold someone's pay and the hours they've worked. On top of that pay, stubs do not come on time. All three weeks late I receive my pay stubs.
They make it very clear that they don't care about their employee's well-being. But they love to inconvenience your livelihood.
It's disgusting to see how low and degrading, neglectful to people you guys, could be. Your ignorance is beyond professionalism in the workplace.
Pros
Horrible company to work for
This company is poorly run. They are a bunch of liars and crooks. The company has no problem not paying you for work you did. They will find any reason they can to not pay you. If there is one little stupid thing wrong with the reports, they will make sure it is held for review.
Not only that, but they will ask you to travel to other stores to help out. They say that they will pay you for traveling, but it takes at least six weeks to get it. Even then, they will try to not pay you.
No System
The job of Reliner itself is not good. It's not that Blaze is doing something wrong but the job itself is not good. The pay was only $15/hr and hours were just random. Work was fine rather easy but is mostly overnight job and requires a high level of patience. It's just not enough money to keep me coming back for random hours every night. Management was nice listened patiently to every one of my questions. It's an okay job if you are illegible for any other.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Low Pay and Fluid hours
Productive, fun workplace
With this job, I acquired hands on experience of working with different clients such as Sobeys, FreshCos and Foodland’s across the province of Ontario. Some of my responsibilities in this job included staffing reno projects, planning bi-weekly work schedules with employees and store management, approving work documents, creating cost estimates for out-of-town projects, producing weekly reports for management, resolving store level problems when they arise, among other tasks.
Pros
Amazing team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Blaze Marketing?
This job was terrible
There was one team in my city where there should have been atleast 2 teams. My partner quit with no notice and left me to 4 stores on my own and we were already behind. The managers for the stores hate your guts and never have the plano printed like they should. Management never knew what was going on and I was never hired another partner. I was so stressed and the responsibility of having to do everything myself was way to much for minimum wage. I would never work here again nor would I recommend anyone work here either. No matter how desperate you may be for a job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Management was awful
Communication and management in this company was atrocious, and store managers appeared to really hate having us there. There is really nothing else to say. It was an awful company to work for.
High turnover for a reason
-hired sight unseen
-training is next to nothing and you are treated poorly right away

-store staff is not a fan of Blaze employees and will give you a hard time

-co-workers can be unreliable and unhelpful especially if you rely on them to meet on time and get work completed properly

-immature and rude upper management and supervisors
-pay is held at whim and you have to hound at times to get it
-pay is also threatened to be held by Sobeys upper management to encourage work completion, regardless of your work load and availability or ability or training

-technology is in the dark ages for reporting completed work and gettting paid. Don't expect mileage

-hard labour at times with long shifts and no lunches or breaks

-pay is not taxed
Pros
Not much
Cons
See above
Terrible Company
Cheapest marketing company out there. 12 an hour forever. Could care less about you. Work is too physical for that kind of money. Bad for your back. On ladders bringing heavy product up and down. People quit constantly.
Pros
No boss watching you.
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Decent company to work for
Worked in teams of two or three. Learned how to read plan-o-grams, shelf rotation and labeling merchandise. Short term employment but it seemed to be a decent job. Management was very good. Not a difficult job to do but was a good learning experience.
Pros
Worked in small teams
Cons
Short term employment
Good
Good place to learn about merchandising, mainly about relining, team personalities, how to work effectively, timely and accurately and how to communicate with management.
have enjoyed all of my past and present positions that i have had over the years
i really enjoy working in the public, meeting the customers and chatting with them while i scan their groceries. if they have children i get them to help out with little things that they can do. i beleive that a cashier's job is very important as we are the last ones the customers see and sometimes that decides if the customer will come back again. over the 12 years i have worked as a cashier i have not experienced an upset customer. my goal is to always
make the customer have a happy experience in whatever job i have.
i get along great with my co-workers and management. i have learned in all my present and former jobs to give the customer your undivided attention...you may never know the effect you have on the customers just by being friendly, smiling, helping them find something, being polite, having a good and positive attitude, being a good listener.
i have a pleasant personality, very friendly, out-going,

eager for new challenges and responsibilities

willing to be re-trained

receive great pleasure in helping orders

volunteer my time to worthy causes e.g. cancer organizations, the elderly, children, and church activities.

am a member of the lionettes
Pros
like working in the public
Cons
not enough hours at grocery store No Frills
Good short-term work.
Blaze Marketing was a fantastic experience for me. They recognized me as a good worker with a lot of potential early, and made me a team lead on another project in the area.

The management is lovely, and they empower their workers. The work is mostly merchandising-- so if you enjoy that, you'll do alright. They also give a lot of work to temporary workers in the area-- which is great for them.

I really enjoyed the work I did for them, but the projects are only a few weeks in length, and the end seems to come too soon.
Pros
great management, fun work, good people
Cons
short-term projects, head office in halifax