Blaze Marketing

Blaze Marketing Employee Reviews in Dartmouth, NS

Worse company EVER!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 October 2019
Missing pay, withholding of reports and inconvenience. It is unacceptable and unprofessional on countless occasions that I have to continue to call and explain myself as to why I am missing pay and why reports are being held without my knowledge. I am informing you and I hope that you do know, that in the Ontario's Standards Act, it's illegal to withhold someone's pay and the hours they've worked. On top of that pay, stubs do not come on time. All three weeks late I receive my pay stubs.
They make it very clear that they don't care about their employee's well-being. But they love to inconvenience your livelihood.
It's disgusting to see how low and degrading, neglectful to people you guys, could be. Your ignorance is beyond professionalism in the workplace.
Great job, horrible hours
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 May 2019
Loved the job, but the hours were out of control. Some days worked 7 hours, some days were the from sunrise to sunset and still were not able to finish the work.
It was good job for me and team members are also very goodIr
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS3 May 2019
I was in the merchandiser position in this company. It was overnight position. The people with them i have done work as also very good as they teach me work according to plan-o-gram and more thing a merchandiser should know.So my overall experience with this company was good.
Productive, fun workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS3 May 2019
With this job, I acquired hands on experience of working with different clients such as Sobeys, FreshCos and Foodland’s across the province of Ontario. Some of my responsibilities in this job included staffing reno projects, planning bi-weekly work schedules with employees and store management, approving work documents, creating cost estimates for out-of-town projects, producing weekly reports for management, resolving store level problems when they arise, among other tasks.
Pros
Amazing team
Good exercise relining, but horrible company with high turnover
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 February 2018
Blaze Marketing is one of those companies that is always hiring because they cannot win any employee loyalty because of the way they treat employees. You will struggle to get paid. If you do merchandising out of town, you will wait half a year or more to be paid for mileage and the correct amount for your many hours of work. You will be leaving messages on their telephone in Nova Scotia regularly because they chronically underpay you, or even don't pay you at all. When you get to a FreshCo the manager might say that they already relined that section and then you go home with no work after wasting your time and money driving there.
Pros
Job is good exercise
Cons
Difficult to get paid and reimbursed for expenses
Apply elsewhere
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2018
It can be very physical ( Standing on a ladder and handling large cases of canned goods and placing on top shelves of grocery store). It should not be a minimum wage job but it is. Even if you work there 5 years, you will still make the same. You can request a raise but the procedure is long and in the end, you might get .25 cent raise. There are better companies around to apply to. Blaze is desperate and will hire just about anyone.
Pros
Cons
inconsistent hours
blaze
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 November 2013
it was a great experience I learned a lot about planograms, setting up stores, how to send in my pay stubs. the environment was very welcoming and there was always no faces but they never hesitated to come over and say hello. it was a lot of traveling and I really in enjoyed that part of the job, I've traveled as far as Halliburton and it was an amazing experience.
have enjoyed all of my past and present positions that i have had over the years
sales (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 May 2013
i really enjoy working in the public, meeting the customers and chatting with them while i scan their groceries. if they have children i get them to help out with little things that they can do. i beleive that a cashier's job is very important as we are the last ones the customers see and sometimes that decides if the customer will come back again. over the 12 years i have worked as a cashier i have not experienced an upset customer. my goal is to always
make the customer have a happy experience in whatever job i have. i get along great with my co-workers and management. i have learned in all my present and former jobs to give the customer your undivided attention...you may never know the effect you have on the customers just by being friendly, smiling, helping them find something, being polite, having a good and positive attitude, being a good listener.
i have a pleasant personality, very friendly, out-going,
eager for new challenges and responsibilities
willing to be re-trained
receive great pleasure in helping orders
volunteer my time to worthy causes e.g. cancer organizations, the elderly, children, and church activities.
am a member of the lionettes
Pros
like working in the public
Cons
not enough hours at grocery store No Frills