Blaze Marketing

Blaze Marketing Employee Reviews

A typical day is mostly going through company's database to connect job seekers with positions. Work environment is not too stressful. Managers are friendly and there's a good work life balance.
I really want to get paid good money for merchandising I've loved syocking shelfs since I started mow I want it to make it as a living pleas call
three star; No benefits; Inconsistency with team members Promoted quickly, great learning opportunities and motivation for the field of marketing; There is a great opportunity to learn about grocery store environments
No raises ever...not even when minimum wage was increased by the province. Office staff were sometimes abusive. They expect you to stand on your feet for 7.5 hours per day which is inhumane. Sure, the work is part time and you are unsupervised but if you take more than the time aloted for a job, you have to do a lot of explaining. Pay deposits were often incorrect and it would take payroll eons to fix the errors, if they bothered to fix them at all or if you're able to get in touch with them. They make tonnes of money on the sweat of their hardworking employees and pay extremely low wages.
Worked as a part time merchandiser in grocery stores for blaze. Not a bad company to work for although they did not provide enough consistent work during early to mid summer months. Weekly shifts could have been increased provided there had been more work opportunities.Felt confident about the management and staff. Hardest part is repeated bending or reaching to the back of a bottom shelf to remove products.Work was fast paced and very physical. Was paired up with another merchandiser to work together so better suited for someone who likes working with others in compared to working on your own.Tasks involved moving and cleaning grocery shelves. Had to review and implement planograms, removing and restocking new or discontinued product. worked closely with store managers to ensure everything is correct layout.
Disorganized and because HQ isn’t even in the same province, grocery store management at some times would not allow us to leave until we completed a task delegated by them that was never in our job description (putting out new stock, organizing old stock, waiting for new price tags to be printed to put them out at the very end of a shift when you’ve already submitted a report). You never know when a shift will end because you just “work until it’s done”. Also had me train people on my THIRD DAY.
This job is about working on your own. You have to follow the instructions from head-office. The staff is co-operative. You learn a lot about retail industry.
MISSING PAY...LIKE A WHOLE $200 WITHHOLD REPORTS AND DONT TELL YOU WAIT A MONTH FOR PAY IF THEY DECIDE TO APPROVE YOUR REPORT DISRESPECTFUL PARTNERS ON PROJECTS ARE SEXIST...AND BLAZE DOESNT ADDRESS THE CONFLICTS YOU ENCOUNTER CALL YOU FOR WORK AND DONT REIMBURSE YOU FOR GOING OUTSIDE YOUR REGION LOW PAY RATE WHICH DOESNT EQUAL THE WORK...NEEDS $20 AND HOUR MINIMUM LAST MINUTE TRAININGS AND DONT RAISE YOUR LEAD PAY FOR IT OUTDATED FLOOR PLANS AND DOESNT LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU TELL THEM THE PLANOGRAM PRINTED DOESNT MATCH THE BOOKED SECTIONS FEET If you would like to work for free and be stressed out, disrespected, injured on the job and no benefits....woken up in the middle of your sleep when you are not scheduled, to have a rude voice in your ears....only good part about the job is when you start it and nobody from the company calls you to disrupt your inner peace....no phone calls and then all is well....This job if definitely for you! Enjoy! I worked with them and had a dispute with them multiple times to the point they wont schedule you and ignore you and try to threaten you with HR when they are the ones doing illegal acts....
No comment This is not a company I would recommend nor would I consider working here again They don't trust their employees enough to have them work independently
Missing pay, withholding of reports and inconvenience. It is unacceptable and unprofessional on countless occasions that I have to continue to call and explain myself as to why I am missing pay and why reports are being held without my knowledge. I am informing you and I hope that you do know, that in the Ontario's Standards Act, it's illegal to withhold someone's pay and the hours they've worked. On top of that pay, stubs do not come on time. All three weeks late I receive my pay stubs. They make it very clear that they don't care about their employee's well-being. But they love to inconvenience your livelihood. It's disgusting to see how low and degrading, neglectful to people you guys, could be. Your ignorance is beyond professionalism in the workplace.
Pros
This company is poorly run. They are a bunch of liars and crooks. The company has no problem not paying you for work you did. They will find any reason they can to not pay you. If there is one little stupid thing wrong with the reports, they will make sure it is held for review. Not only that, but they will ask you to travel to other stores to help out. They say that they will pay you for traveling, but it takes at least six weeks to get it. Even then, they will try to not pay you.
I feel like not giving a review at this time as I have nothing good to say about them. I feel like it was a waste of my time working for them, I appreciate the opportunity but will learn from my mistakes and not work for a company like that again.
You and another person will work in the store to reline of merchandise in one of two stores. Just follow the planogram and you will do great. If you cant read a tape messure or english then this is not the job for you.
Pros
working
Cons
almost no hours between october and february
They are poorly managed company first day of job nobody showed up, drove to work and company did not bother to pay or even answer my email or call back. I quit this after 3 weeks and they did not pay my all hours. When called was promised to review and send email but they never got back to me. Join this company if you want to work for free and waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Dont pay all hours you work.
I worked for this company twice. I should have known that the problems the first time around would have been fixed. NOT and even worse. They held my pay back for days. I lost my car insurance do to non payment as my pay was not in my account until the following week. The job is easy my co workers were great and even the store's personnel was awesome. But no hours and they expect you to make a special trip down to the store once a week to go over things. If you want to get paid and have it be for what you are worth. Walk away from Blaze. Also, note that experienced merchandisers like myself made the bottom amount of money posted in their job posting. BEWARE
Cons
The job of Reliner itself is not good. It's not that Blaze is doing something wrong but the job itself is not good. The pay was only $15/hr and hours were just random. Work was fine rather easy but is mostly overnight job and requires a high level of patience. It's just not enough money to keep me coming back for random hours every night. Management was nice listened patiently to every one of my questions. It's an okay job if you are illegible for any other.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Low Pay and Fluid hours
Loved the job, but the hours were out of control. Some days worked 7 hours, some days were the from sunrise to sunset and still were not able to finish the work.
I was in the merchandiser position in this company. It was overnight position. The people with them i have done work as also very good as they teach me work according to plan-o-gram and more thing a merchandiser should know.So my overall experience with this company was good.
With this job, I acquired hands on experience of working with different clients such as Sobeys, FreshCos and Foodland’s across the province of Ontario. Some of my responsibilities in this job included staffing reno projects, planning bi-weekly work schedules with employees and store management, approving work documents, creating cost estimates for out-of-town projects, producing weekly reports for management, resolving store level problems when they arise, among other tasks.
Pros
Amazing team
Out of all the merchandising companies I've worked for, Blaze is the worse and I know because I've worked for quite a few. Last time I worked for them, it was in a sobeys and it was just me and another person who was in charge because she had more experience and also worked for sobeys. I just remember being bored the entire shift and she made me work for a good 6 hours with most of it being trying to read the planograms because they were messed up & we ended up making a huge mistake so we had to start over. Only time I worked for them was for 1 day. The amount of paperwork when you start is ridiculous as well. Would not recommend this company! Pay is garbage for the work they need you to do.
Cons
Complete disorganization is the theme when employed by Blaze. The head office doesn't answer or respond to calls when there are on-site problems. Constantly spammed and phoned to work jobs 5-6 hours away. Head office seriously out of touch.
  1. Employee reviews