Blaze Marketing Employee Reviews

Relaxed Work environment.
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 January 2020
This job is about working on your own. You have to follow the instructions from head-office. The staff is co-operative. You learn a lot about retail industry.
Aweful
Reliner/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2019
MISSING PAY...LIKE A WHOLE $200
WITHHOLD REPORTS AND DONT TELL YOU
WAIT A MONTH FOR PAY IF THEY DECIDE TO APPROVE YOUR REPORT
DISRESPECTFUL
PARTNERS ON PROJECTS ARE SEXIST...AND BLAZE DOESNT ADDRESS THE CONFLICTS YOU ENCOUNTER
CALL YOU FOR WORK AND DONT REIMBURSE YOU FOR GOING OUTSIDE YOUR REGION
LOW PAY RATE WHICH DOESNT EQUAL THE WORK...NEEDS $20 AND HOUR MINIMUM
LAST MINUTE TRAININGS AND DONT RAISE YOUR LEAD PAY FOR IT
OUTDATED FLOOR PLANS AND DOESNT LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU TELL THEM THE PLANOGRAM PRINTED DOESNT MATCH THE BOOKED SECTIONS FEET
If you would like to work for free and be stressed out, disrespected, injured on the job and no benefits....woken up in the middle of your sleep when you are not scheduled, to have a rude voice in your ears....only good part about the job is when you start it and nobody from the company calls you to disrupt your inner peace....no phone calls and then all is well....This job if definitely for you! Enjoy!
I worked with them and had a dispute with them multiple times to the point they wont schedule you and ignore you and try to threaten you with HR when they are the ones doing illegal acts....
Would not return
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 November 2019
No comment
This is not a company I would recommend nor would I consider working here again
They don't trust their employees enough to have them work independently
Worse company EVER!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 October 2019
Missing pay, withholding of reports and inconvenience. It is unacceptable and unprofessional on countless occasions that I have to continue to call and explain myself as to why I am missing pay and why reports are being held without my knowledge. I am informing you and I hope that you do know, that in the Ontario's Standards Act, it's illegal to withhold someone's pay and the hours they've worked. On top of that pay, stubs do not come on time. All three weeks late I receive my pay stubs.
They make it very clear that they don't care about their employee's well-being. But they love to inconvenience your livelihood.
It's disgusting to see how low and degrading, neglectful to people you guys, could be. Your ignorance is beyond professionalism in the workplace.
Pros
Horrible company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 October 2019
This company is poorly run. They are a bunch of liars and crooks. The company has no problem not paying you for work you did. They will find any reason they can to not pay you. If there is one little stupid thing wrong with the reports, they will make sure it is held for review.
Not only that, but they will ask you to travel to other stores to help out. They say that they will pay you for traveling, but it takes at least six weeks to get it. Even then, they will try to not pay you.
Not my best choice in workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 September 2019
I feel like not giving a review at this time as I have nothing good to say about them. I feel like it was a waste of my time working for them, I appreciate the opportunity but will learn from my mistakes and not work for a company like that again.
Want to give no star
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2019
They are poorly managed company first day of job nobody showed up, drove to work and company did not bother to pay or even answer my email or call back. I quit this after 3 weeks and they did not pay my all hours. When called was promised to review and send email but they never got back to me. Join this company if you want to work for free and waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Dont pay all hours you work.
Merchandiser in Keswick and Bradford Ontario
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON3 July 2019
I worked for this company twice. I should have known that the problems the first time around would have been fixed. NOT and even worse. They held my pay back for days. I lost my car insurance do to non payment as my pay was not in my account until the following week. The job is easy my co workers were great and even the store's personnel was awesome. But no hours and they expect you to make a special trip down to the store once a week to go over things. If you want to get paid and have it be for what you are worth. Walk away from Blaze. Also, note that experienced merchandisers like myself made the bottom amount of money posted in their job posting. BEWARE
No System
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 June 2019
The job of Reliner itself is not good. It's not that Blaze is doing something wrong but the job itself is not good. The pay was only $15/hr and hours were just random. Work was fine rather easy but is mostly overnight job and requires a high level of patience. It's just not enough money to keep me coming back for random hours every night. Management was nice listened patiently to every one of my questions. It's an okay job if you are illegible for any other.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Low Pay and Fluid hours
Great job, horrible hours
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 May 2019
Loved the job, but the hours were out of control. Some days worked 7 hours, some days were the from sunrise to sunset and still were not able to finish the work.
It was good job for me and team members are also very goodIr
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS3 May 2019
I was in the merchandiser position in this company. It was overnight position. The people with them i have done work as also very good as they teach me work according to plan-o-gram and more thing a merchandiser should know.So my overall experience with this company was good.
Productive, fun workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS3 May 2019
With this job, I acquired hands on experience of working with different clients such as Sobeys, FreshCos and Foodland’s across the province of Ontario. Some of my responsibilities in this job included staffing reno projects, planning bi-weekly work schedules with employees and store management, approving work documents, creating cost estimates for out-of-town projects, producing weekly reports for management, resolving store level problems when they arise, among other tasks.
Pros
Amazing team
The WORST Merchandising company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON2 March 2019
Out of all the merchandising companies I've worked for, Blaze is the worse and I know because I've worked for quite a few. Last time I worked for them, it was in a sobeys and it was just me and another person who was in charge because she had more experience and also worked for sobeys. I just remember being bored the entire shift and she made me work for a good 6 hours with most of it being trying to read the planograms because they were messed up & we ended up making a huge mistake so we had to start over. Only time I worked for them was for 1 day. The amount of paperwork when you start is ridiculous as well. Would not recommend this company! Pay is garbage for the work they need you to do.
Bad Bad Bad
Reliner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 October 2018
Complete disorganization is the theme when employed by Blaze. The head office doesn't answer or respond to calls when there are on-site problems. Constantly spammed and phoned to work jobs 5-6 hours away. Head office seriously out of touch.
Really easy work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 September 2018
Follow and implement planograms provided by the store. Empty products of shelves, clean and replace products following the new planogram.

Work in a fast paced environment, how to deal with grocery products and pay attention to detail.

Stay in contact with the store manager and store associates.

Being to able to lift up to 25lbs anytime, stand for long hours.

Keeps you healthy and gives you exercise.
Pros
Tax free income
Cons
Standing for long hours
Extremely Poor, Undependable
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON6 August 2018
Very physical work
No reimbursement for supplies and barely any reimbursement for travel
No manuals, barely any training or support
Made to report in on a phone in triplicate and kept track of by GPS
Made to give 2 weeks notice for appts and yet not given hours for weeks at a time
This job was terrible
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 February 2018
There was one team in my city where there should have been atleast 2 teams. My partner quit with no notice and left me to 4 stores on my own and we were already behind. The managers for the stores hate your guts and never have the plano printed like they should. Management never knew what was going on and I was never hired another partner. I was so stressed and the responsibility of having to do everything myself was way to much for minimum wage. I would never work here again nor would I recommend anyone work here either. No matter how desperate you may be for a job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Good exercise relining, but horrible company with high turnover
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 February 2018
Blaze Marketing is one of those companies that is always hiring because they cannot win any employee loyalty because of the way they treat employees. You will struggle to get paid. If you do merchandising out of town, you will wait half a year or more to be paid for mileage and the correct amount for your many hours of work. You will be leaving messages on their telephone in Nova Scotia regularly because they chronically underpay you, or even don't pay you at all. When you get to a FreshCo the manager might say that they already relined that section and then you go home with no work after wasting your time and money driving there.
Pros
Job is good exercise
Cons
Difficult to get paid and reimbursed for expenses
Apply elsewhere
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2018
It can be very physical ( Standing on a ladder and handling large cases of canned goods and placing on top shelves of grocery store). It should not be a minimum wage job but it is. Even if you work there 5 years, you will still make the same. You can request a raise but the procedure is long and in the end, you might get .25 cent raise. There are better companies around to apply to. Blaze is desperate and will hire just about anyone.
Pros
Cons
inconsistent hours
Management was awful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Southwest Middlesex, ON2 October 2017
Communication and management in this company was atrocious, and store managers appeared to really hate having us there. There is really nothing else to say. It was an awful company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blaze Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6