Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Employee Reviews

Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
This firm is beautiful, well established and well managed. Staff are friendly and happy for the most part. Nice lunch room, the most awesome holiday parties. Interesting work and probably the best Marketing team I've ever seen in a law firm. Great perks, happy people.
Pros
Well managed firm
Cons
Small work spaces, desk areas for staff are confining
Okay job
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
Management needs improvment
Employees are great
Job security, and lots of co workers who work with you and share lots of knowledge
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Great place to work long-term (legal assistant)
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2016
Blakes is a fantastic place to work. The overall environment is collegial and laid back, not stuffy or overly formal. Pay and vacation time allotted to staff is generous. Staff are treated well and many events take place throughout the year to recognize their hard work. I found it very rewarding to work at Blakes and I sincerely miss being part of the Blakes family.
A touch of hospitality in a corporate setting.
Catering Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
I have been enjoying my work in the Catering department within the corporate setting of Blakes. I have learned a greater appreciation for teamwork and how to time manage more effectively.

Although now i feel it is time to look elsewhere for a more challenging and ambitious postion.
Pros
Great co-workers, no late nights, work indoors.
Cons
Low pay.
productive and fun workplace with lots of good neighbors
Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2015
Great place to work at. Great environment and friendly people. Convenient location. Dynamic workplace with lots of opportunities for new skills. Challenging and fun projects.
Team Leader and Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2015
I love this company. They treat their employees well and compensation is great in the industry we work in. Competitive salaries make the commute to Toronto worth it. HR is organized and always looking out for your best interests (within reason).
Pros
Snack Thursday, pension, benefits, vacation
Cons
long commute
Great team
IT Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2014
I enjoyed my time at Blakes, but felt there was little room for growth or advancement within the IT group.

Benefits and salary were comparable to other downtown Toronto corporate lawfirms.

My coworkers were wonderful and made each day enjoyable.
Pros
easily accessible by TTC, comparable salary and benefits
Cons
Little room for growth, advancement
Professionally expansive and challenging Bay Street environment
Articling Student [Student-at-Law] (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2013
I learned a great deal about working as a lawyer in an intense practice environment, and discovered a great deal about my own practice interests. A fine opportunity to work on challenging and novel legal issues, though less emphasis is placed on work-life balance than I would have personally preferred.
Pros
Good professional development and work opportunities
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
A variety of departments and many different people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2013
I enjoyed working with many great people. There is a variety of different departments. I was able to work in many different programs and databases, which is an asset.
Good salary and benefits but no opportunity for advancement
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario2 January 2013
I am assigned two principal lawyers - and may be assigned a summer or a regular articling law student also - but expected to help out the group as needed. Recently, management added more human resources personnel to micro manage support staff but at same time reduced support staff on floors. I am expected to finish all my job assignments on time and still volunteer for firm sponsored charity events in order to have job security. Have to cater to principal bosses and other lawyers who may need help. Because of periodic lay-offs of long-term employees, support staff are insecure and watch each other, some reporting their rivals or personal enemies to H.R. for their own benefit. A lot of office politics and beware if you get caught in the cross-fire.
Pros
competitive salary and benefits
Cons
no job security especially for long-staying employees; no job advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Reviews by Location