Blaisdale Montessori School

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

blaisdale montessori school

Working at Blaisdale Montessori school made me the teacher I am today. There were challenges. However, I learned a lot over the 20 years teaching there with amazing and influential teachers.

catty place to work

Working at Blaisdale brought me back to high school. All the staff talk bad about each other behind their backs. The staff will talk negatively about the kids openly (in front of other kids, teachers etc.) Management uses and abuses you. I worked 9 hours a day with one 30 minute unpaid lunch break. (you can't leave the classroom to eat away from the children, you must stay in the classroom as there is NO coverage) Burn out is inevitable and management is not helpful or compassionate. They also shamed me for needing time off as I had a positive case of COVID. Overall a very unfriendly and un-supportive work environment. Would not recommend working here unless you desperately need a job and have no other options.

Pros

the kids

Cons

long hours, unfair wages, unfriendly work environment

Coworkers

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers, everyone is very friendly and so sweet. Everyone was so welcoming when I first came to work.

Love working with children

Blaisdale is a great place to work if you love working with children. But dont expect to get paid well or treated fairly by the owner of the school. It is a toxic environment and i would not recommend this job to anyone.

Collaborative armosphere

It is great to teach at a school where we are all working towards the same goal. It is rewarding and I enjoy coming to work, The Administrator is supportive and my co-workers are very good to work with.

Good place to work.

Good management, and staff is hard working. Parents are well educated and understandable. Principal is a very nice lady who cares about their staff well enough.

Early Childhood Assistant

Blaisdale Montessori School was a very fun place to work. Interacting with all of the children, as well as their parents was the best part. It's a very rewarding job.

Nice Workplace

Always friendly people and can go to the management about anything. Great environment to be around and just an overall good workplace. Great kids to be around and perfect if you have kids yourself that you need to pick up.

Excellent place to work

I worked for Blaisdale Montessori School for many years. I loved my experience working there. The staff were wonderful and loving with the children giving them a fabulous foundation of learning with the Montessori philosophies and materials. The students attending there were a joy to teach. It always had a family like setting and feeling. The education the children receive there is incredible. I wish I had sent my children there when they were young.

Pros

Teachers were loving and caring to the children, school had lots of property and large school gymnasium and library, family like feeling, students get high quality education

Cons

Not many weeks off for holidays

Great Environment, Good Experience

My time at Blaisdale Montessori, has been an exceptional experience. The staff are very helpful, friendly yet very professional. Also, I felt that the management overall of the school was run ethically. A tip for the current and future employee; if you have the appropriate work ethic and your a good team player, this environment will work for you!

The best school I have worked at

A great place to work. It is wonderful being with the children and seeing them grow. The management really cares about the children and the quality of their education. The Principal at my location treats the staff very fairly.

Pros

Good environment and co-workers.

Cons

Yard duty in the winter.

good place

A typical day at work is watching the kids. I learned about Montessori. The workplace was pretty calm. The hardest part is that sometimes it can be a bit boring doing the same thing every day. The most enjoyable part is the kids and watching them progress.

Pros

Nice Environment

Cons

Far to travel

organised and disciplined workplace

i enjoyed working with the children I got so much experience Management is very good. workplace culture is good.The most enjoyable part of the job is watching different behavior of the children

Good atmosphere

At my place I work as a Head Toddler teacher. Ages of children range from 12 months to 2 and a half years old. A typical day at work consists of greeting parents and children in the morning/afternoon, showing children how to use and work with material in the room prepare and serve snacks/lunch throughout the day, preparing and teaching crafts, circle time, indoor/outdoor place for gross motor time and toileting routines.

Pros

I enjoy working with children

Cons

There are no holdays or vaction pay.

Great!

Only there during summer months. Enjoyed working with the children and parents. A high paced environment, I was often asked to multitask. Good hours, no nights, no weekends.

Fun place to work

I enjoyed volunteering at Blaisdale and foun it to be very fun. I taught the kids basic skills such as reading and writing, as well as cleaned up the building.

Good place to work.

I liked working at the school. The children were the main reason I was there. There were good supportive families. I found the school to be a nice place to work. We had a lot of freedom to work with the children. The salary was good. I found the owner to be supportive.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Benefit plan could have started earlier.

Calm, Productive, Hands On

Working with children is the best.. if this is where you would like to be in your future.. and if you love a calm environment, and more family interactions, this is the place to be..

Benefits

Cons

Horrible Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blaisdale Montessori School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement