BLACKWELL Employee Reviews

Busy same routine
Concierge Supervisor/Resident Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 May 2018
Receive pass on my prior shift. Read emails/logs, answer phones and start with packages. Most times there isn't enough time to get everything done on a shift.
Pros
Nice Residents
Cons
doing packages all day.
Fun work place
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 January 2017
Great company to work with, very caring and considerate. Management is great. I love meeting all the new tenants. Everyone that I work with is very nice and caring I have never ran into any problems. This a great job very laid back and chill.
alright place
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Laona, WI22 April 2016
pretty easy going day with typical routine of what needs to get done everyday is pretty much the same you come in you work you go home.
Productive and fun place to learn
Construstion Laborer (Current Employee) –  Laona, WI4 March 2016
Blackwell is a good place to learn a trade for free and they pay you, they also provide you with three meals a day, room and board, a free education, and a safe environment
Pros
Free education, Free Trade, three meals a day, and room/board
Cons
Lack of staff
ok
360 excavator operator (Current Employee) –  Wrexham, WLS9 January 2016
Operating 360 excavator marking out foundations and drainage day includes a variety of tasks working with site management to plan workload completion dates
Very nice atmosphere people well cared for
Level 2 registered nurse (Former Employee) –  ENG18 July 2015
Nursing can be demanding and hard work ,but regardless of all problems associated with this type of work nothing is to much trouble in this home all issues are dealt with effectively and the results are mainly very good ,with the client always taking the priority need there are times when moral can become low among the staff ,but someone always pulls it back round again ,I am generally impressed with this home I have worked there three times.
Pros
Flexibility in certain areas
Cons
Can become very demanding because of the amount of clients and the severity of there illness
a job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, IN5 March 2015
This company has a lot of exciting events going on weekly. There was a challenge ever day, which I enjoyed the under taking.
Great people and a great company
Petroleum Landman (Former Employee) –  Seadrift, TX22 January 2015
Great people and a great company. All the people working with Michael Blackwell are professional and thorough in all aspects. I enjoyed working on the team.
Self ran business
CEO (Former Employee) –  Wagoner, OK6 July 2014
I learned how to manage business on my own. I gained a lot of skills running this business.
friendly and supportive
book seller (Former Employee) –  canterbury,kent10 March 2014
a typical day at work would be serving customers,arranging stock,placing orders,shop and window displays.
as i had been away from retail for several years i had to learn how to use up to date tills,to carry out stock validations and to establish quantities of stock required .
the new manager in the branch and senior management have all been very friendly and supportive.
my co workers have been fantastic,very easy to work with and patient when teaching new skills.
the hardest part of the job without a doubt is freshers week and the time leading up to this,as a university bookshop the stock levels at this time are immense and need to be booked in,priced and shelved so lots of heavy work.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the family atmosphere in the shop and the diversity of the customers.
A Very professional company with very high Standards
General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Scotland26 October 2013
A very happy and friendly place to work with excellent opportunities to advance within the company.
Glensanda only suits certain people and you can meet some of the hardest working characters within the construction and quarrying industry.
You will never find a job with better views and wildlife in the uk. And we can't forget the weather, you can get all the seasons in one day.
Pros
Fabulous views and some great people
Cons
A hell of a journey every week
Great Place
Senior Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT9 April 2013
Blackwell was a fantastic company to work for. Very motivating and great people. Fantastic place in general.
Schooling
Preaprentice painter (Former Employee) –  Laona, WI17 December 2012
Blackwell is a job corp that give a students that have had a hard time come here to give their life a reality check. Its a good place to go.
Pros
everything is good about this place
Cons
need to keep your self on check and why you are there other wise there is consuequences
Property Management
Property Management & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NY14 October 2012
My typical day would be managing times and places for employees to service and check-on, banking, meeting with clients and new clients.

Always looking on creating new business for us and more efficient ways to run the business