Blackstone Mountain Lodge
View all Blackstone Mountain Lodge reviews

Blackstone Mountain Lodge

Blackstone Mountain Lodge Employee Review

Good

Summers are very busy with a lot to do but I guess that's nature of this job in Bow Valley. Summer bbq party is always fun. I wish the hours are more stable.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Unprofessional and patronising

Terrible communication between management and employees, unprofessional and make things within the work place personal causing unnecessary problems amongst staff, managers are patronising and belittling. The training is so inconsistent that you only know that you were supposed to do something when you get told off for not doing it.

Pros

Live in Canmore, job itself is not bad

Cons

Unprofessional, lack of communication
Same roleSame location

If you respect yourself don’t go here

The job itself is easy and straightforward but managers are bullies, you get no support from higher up, the training is SO inconsistent that you don’t know the actual policies until you get in trouble. You’re either working 14+ hours in a day or 4 hours, again inconsistent. The staff accommodation was run down and unsafe. Most staff is so miserable it felt like my soul was being sucked out most days

Pros

Easy

Cons

Inappropriate management, bullying, inconsistent
Same location

Great team culture

I really enjoyed my time as part of the Front Desk team at Blackstone. I started at a very busy time for the hotel & whilst I went through training very fast which might be too much for some - I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges we faced by being fast paced & having lots of on the job training. At times the workload was a lot to take on but I felt supported by my coworkers, supervisor & the management team. I felt like the concerns we raised with management were addressed & solved well although I understand this was not the case for every department. Staff housing was supplied for a reasonable fee which was great for me being located next to the hotel & lucky because Canmore can be expensive to live in. The Front Desk had a fantastic workplace culture - one of the best I’ve ever experienced & I’ve made many lasting friendships. One of my only negatives or more areas to work on would be for management to focus in on assisting the other departments to thrive under more extensive training, responding to staff concerns, bonding as cohesive teams & improving communication between all the departments. If each department had a greater comprehension of each other’s daily; needs, goals & struggles - we could have staff cross trained to assist, adjust the resources, compensate for each other & work towards a more holistic approach to success for the hotel & for its guests.

Pros

Great team culture, affordable housing, well located housing

Cons

More teamwork across departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackstone Mountain Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement