Blackbird Security Inc

Blackbird Security Inc: 104 Employee Reviews

Canada104 reviews

securitysitesupportivecompanyrecommendshiftprovideflexible

Awesome company

As I close on 10 years in the security industry, Blackbird Security has been the company that works WITH their employees. I've been able to work in 2 cities and have enjoyed my time working with Blackbird. What really makes this company great is the fact that management and staff are equals, despite the roles within the company. It's just awesome.Plus, I've been able to work the hours that I want (up to 34 some weeks). As long as I get 2 shifts per week, or 18 hours, I'm happy

Pros

Scheduling

2 December 2022
We greatly appreciate not only your positive review but also your hard work for Blackbird Security. We feel fortunate to have the opportunity to work with you.

Good

Company must appreciate the hard work done by you.Rest there must be a uniform policy for increments and promotion.Staff should be nice and cooprative

Insights into Blackbird Security Inc

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

It was ok for covid

It was ok for covid. I worked there as security for supermarkets. there was no job culture. I did not work with people from the company, I worked alone, and my management will have texted me that day or not.

Pros

Money

Cons

Super Boring job

Flexible, Understanding, and Caring Management

I was hired at Blackbird Security in February 2022 in the Victoria Region on Vancouver Island. Ever since the beginning of my employment, I have noticed how professional they are with their clients, staff, and co-workers. They make safety a top priority and making sure everyone's voice is heard. The flexible weekly hours makes it easy to balance working full-time, part-time, family, second jobs, or planning my life on a weekly basis. When I had concerns that I brought to managements attention, it was dealt with almost immediately. When someone isn't available for a shift, I have noticed management steps in to take care of the sites and support the guards on the floor in person. I am the kind of person who wants to advance my career every opportunity I get, and with Blackbird, that was made a very achievable goal. I recommend to anyone who is looking to advance or start their career in security, to join Blackbird Security!

Pros

Flexible hours, Personal touch management, Diversity in sites, Friendly staff, Good reputation, Signing Bonus

Cons

Mostly standing shifts

8 July 2022

Very Bad

I will never recommend this company because they always take advantage of staff. Will always push you to do shifts on day off as well. Present manager is not worth & always playing mind games , never replies on text messages. Always change schedule without informing . I had feel people usually quit in 1-2 weeks of joining .

1 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate and value your input as an employee. We are sorry that you had a bad experience at Blackbird Security, and we are working to make this right for everyone.

Awesome company to work for the advancement is awesome the pay is great and the staff are amazing.. I love working for this company .... Would recommend it

1 June 2022
Thank you for the feedback; we appreciate it! We are glad that you are enjoying your time at Blackbird Security and thank you for your hard work.

Loss Prevention at its best

Great company to work with. Management are very cooperative and salary (hourly rate) is very competitive. I believe currently the highest in the market right now.

Site Supervisor

Great place to work if you want to work in security. Good pay and staff. Quick hiring process and have so many day positions to work. Not a traditional security company

1 June 2022
Thank you very much for the kind words, we are very happy to have you as a part of Blackbird Security.

Fun to work with great team

Great team to work with but no health benefits. I enjoy working with the friendly team. Sometimes we have food trucks come to building to make and serve lunch to all the employees its fun to work with Blackbird security.

8 June 2022

Good company for some part time work

Good company for someone looking to make some bucksbut it can be overwhelming to deal with junkies and sometimes yiu have to use forc.Good company if you want to start in this field

1 June 2022
Thank you for the feedback; we appreciate it! Thank you for your hard work!

Good team good manager

Best working place best manager best ceo everything good i like to work here cuz kost of the time it runs smooth and everything reply on the time if something happens wrong

8 June 2022

I feel happy working with Blackbird

I am working with the company their management is good. If we call them for any query ease to reach them and they slove our queries. People are supportive.

8 June 2022

Customers an an staff are friendly

Excellent company to work for. Pleasant staff.Good hours.Supportive management.Able to contact management quickly if needed. Blackbird's client is flexible, supportive an friendly to work with.Travel time is responsible.

Pros

Not paid for overtime time

Cons

Excellent management

8 June 2022

Great workplace and locations with great manager

It fun working with blackbird. Locations are great and the supervisor is a great person as well. Always paid on time. They work all over the places and locations.

Pros

Good pay, great supervisor

Cons

Long standing hours, limited locations

8 June 2022

Great place to work, excellent work life balance and a fair wage.

Great company to work for and excellent schedule. The starting rate of pay is fair.The company is constantly expanding and getting more contracts .

Pros

Fair pay and lots of walking.

Cons

Unpaid lunch break.

8 June 2022

Excellent and fufilling place for a security career.

A good place for anyone looking for a fufilling career in private security. The pay is highly competitive and there is plenty of full time work available for those interested.

8 June 2022

Good communication and clear and easy to understand schedule.

The Company is growing and leaving a positive mark in Saskatoon. The company pay is fair however no benefits as far as dental or etc. I had previous years experience in security and this company is far more competent and respectful.

Pros

Pay, create your own availability, communication, respect amongst the employees and management team.

Cons

Sometimes you work a different site every shift, Company is growing in Saskatoon so with that comes need to cover shifts unexpectedly sometimes

8 June 2022

National-reaching company with a tight-knit community feel.

Flexible and caring management with an interest in employee development and advancement. Owners are very hands-on and work closely with employees at all levels within the company. Work-from-home possibilities for head office staff and great office views, too! It's exciting to work at a fast-growing company with proven opportunities for growth.

1 February 2022

Newer company in this market, so far better than the previous security companies I worked for i Toronto, although that's not saying much

The work is good because I asked managers to put me in rotating sites so not to get bored and the company has a good variety of sites. Managers are pretty reasonable for the most part and do their best. The job does involve a lot of standing which I personally don't mind but some others might.

Pros

good managers fair pay and pay on time get different variety of sites if you ask

Cons

lots of standing dealing with some crazy people

1 February 2022
We greatly appreciate not only your review but also your hard work for Blackbird Security. We feel fortunate to have the opportunity to work with you.

It is a nice company to work for. Gives good shifts, nice people, accommodating with schedules. Manager Alex is especially nice.

I have worked at Blackbird for 1 year and I like it since. The shifts are flexible and the people and managers is nice. I enjoy that I can help people and protect the community. I would recommend Blackbird.

Pros

flexible schedules, many shifts, nice people

8 June 2022

Happy to be a part of this company.

Good management, everyone is respecting each other, strong corporate culture, a lot of snacks in the office. I've learned and master my payroll skills.

1 February 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackbird Security Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement