BlackBerry Employee Reviews

N/a
DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN EXECUTION (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 February 2018
BlackBerry was a great place to work but something has changed culturally (not for the better) since the pivot to a software solutions company. That said, the compensation remains great - especially for Waterloo Region.
Working at BlackBerry
Enterprise Server Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 February 2018
Supporting all BES platforms for BlackBerry, iOS, Android and Windows devices for all server platforms using SalesForce ticketing system. Has pizza lunches and free healthy snacks.
Pros
Free health snacks, Fooze ball table
Cons
Changes schedule on the fly
Great place
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 February 2018
Great place to work. The best boss I have ever had. Open door policy. Lots of activities outside of work. Good pay with benefits. Annual and fair reviews
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
I was laid off
great
Product Demand Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 January 2018
great company to work for, amazing people, opportunity for growth, amazing products offered, room for improvement, improvement initiatives are welcomed and supported.
Good Work Place
Network Operation Center Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 January 2018
It's the great place to work. I have started as a Co-op student and found a full-time job during my co-op term. Whole BlackBerry team is very professional and they take care of their people.
Best Place to Work at the Time
Sr. Manager, Data Analytics (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 January 2018
This was the best place to work between 2005 and 2011. After that point the problems started to arise and layoffs started. I would highly recommend looking at BlackBerry for a career.
Productive and fun workplace with really nice people
Data Network Analyst - Service Provider Network (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 January 2018
Coming in monitoring the the network,

writing MOPs for change of network, very highly corporate work flow.

Management is very nice

Workplace culture is great

Hardest part is shifts

Most enjoyable part is nice people.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fantastic Management and loads of learning
Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 January 2018
Great learning experience for entry level. Lot's of training and business exposure. An awesome place to work. The teams all have highly trained and experienced people who will help make your experience amazing.
Pros
Flexibility, Cafeteria is subsidized
Toxic culture
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 January 2018
The period I was with them was unstable and unsettling: the problems were everywhere from various department: people do not work as a team. company efficiency is very low. Management team is horrible: they say one thing and do another.
A challenging time to work for BlackBerry
Communications and Information Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 January 2018
I enjoyed my work at BlackBerry, but the last year was very difficult due to the threat of impending layoffs and a changing business model. As the amount of work dropped off, it was less and less satisfying to work there.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL3 January 2018
3 years later and I still feel so lucky to work here! My HR (People) leadership team supports me and constantly pushes me to grow. My goals and the goals of my teammates are clear, and we are encouraged to help each other and teach each other along the way. My opportunities feel endless here, there is always something new and exciting to work on around the corner. The benefits are extremely generous: free healthcare
Immediate management is good. o
Software Development Support Specialist-R&D (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 December 2017
job security is a big thing. hard to tell where the company will be in the next year or so. That's the motivation for many looking outside the company
Great Place to Work
Hardware Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 December 2017
Independent, No Pressure, Co-Workers always ready to help, Flexible hours, lots of events, good salary and pay, lots to learn, would like to work again
BlackBerry is a good workplace
Software Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 December 2017
The business was rapidly down when I left BlackBerry. I believe any review on then BlackBeery is totally different from now one. I would like skip this review unless this is really necessary.
Great Company to work
Enterprise Software Development Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 November 2017
Blackberry is the best company to work for. Work - life balance is the best with flexible work hours and good benefits. Good managers, cares about everyone and understand each and every situation and support thoroughly.
Productive workplace with one family attitude
Enterprise Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 November 2017
Everyone is always eager to assist and help resolve issues or refer to someone who can and always willing to talk about balancing life if having a hard time.
Good for co-op student
Beta Software Tester (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 November 2017
I worked as a co-op student and I really enjoyed working here. But it is very difficult to continue job after co-op as they do not have more job posting and if they have, it requires more than 5+ experience.
Pros
Work culture, work-life balance
Cons
Job security
Full of small town no-exposure undeserving Managers
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 November 2017
If you want to work with undeserving people with no exposure to the world or current technology, Blackberry is the place for you.
Be ready to be negative, as reflected in this review, and complain but don't you try to change anything. If you do, your manager will make sure you get a hard push back you don't try it again.
In short, worst place to work.
Pros
Fun and no work
Cons
You can't work anywhere else now because you will learn nothing new.
Productive and fun filled life/work balance
Customer Master Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 October 2017
* Great company to work for
* Worked in a teamwork culture
* Excellent training opportunities, both internal and external
* Learned Seven habits of highly effective people
* An opportunity to work on different cases
* Enjoyed working in a fast-paced and positive environment
* Huge amount of work had to be completed within TAT
Pros
Free lunches, free ice cream days, lots of free food
I miss working here
BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2017
Managers that cared, a salary that made you care, along with a great office that was beautiful. Great job, challenging and awesome co workers. If only it didn't close.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
No longer in Halifax

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlackBerry. Our community is ready to answer.