BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Excellent company
System Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
Excellent environment. Good relations with co-workers. Good management. No pressing, no pushing. Professional and responsible people. Good company to work at.
Excellent place to work
Hardware Verification Test Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2018
It was a great environment to work but I was working at the time when they are downsizing, so it everyone was on edge. Other than that, the compensation and benefit was great.
Great place
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 May 2018
BlackBerry has a fantastic culture, with tons of talented people working there. The biggest drawback about them was the downturn, but now that they've stabilized, I would highly recommend working there.
excellent place to work
new product solder repair (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 May 2018
I learned a lot from my time at RIM , and it was a great place . As my life changed , my job was relocated and later the majority of staff was let go as RIM went away from hardware . I enjoyed the work as the challenges of trying to do something that's new and cutting edge . There was a lot of Rim culture in Waterloo and surrounding area and I was proud to see how far they had come and I was a part of something so exciting
Pros
lots of staff perks, medical ins, discounted gym memebership
A productive ,Everyday a new learning Experience, Team Work
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2018
. Efficient working in multi-project environment.
 Did certification from Cisco in Network Administration.
 Keeps on updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in house and external courses, reading and maintaining whole network by monitoring in server room.
 Adept at providing full-fledged interior networks to various organizations.
one of the Best employers in Canada
Root Cause Analyst -Reliability Qualification (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 May 2018
Cutting edge technology.Excellent benefits package.Average salary.
Fast pace-new products every 3 months.Steep learning curve. This company employs some of the best engineers available from all over the world
One of best professional environment
Data Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 May 2018
The management at BlackBerry was really nice and managed the things in professional way, I liked the working culture there and people at BlackBerry are always eager to help others in their work.
No longer employed here
IT Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 May 2018
I am not going to fill out a review for this company as I no longer work there.

I was released during the headcount reduction and my opinion of the company is no longer valid as the management has changed multiple times.
Good company to work for
PROCESS ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 May 2018
It was a good company to work for. The management team and the work life balance was appropriate. Great culture and they worked hard to making you feel part of the family
Good Company and environment to work with.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 May 2018
Good Company and environment to work with. A lot of Pros with very less Cons. I highly recommend to work there if you get a chance. I always miss working with such a great team and leadership.

Want to know more about BlackBerry?

Ask a question
Shell of a culture and company it once was, good talent gone, employees just numbers...
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2018
Was there for the good times and not so good times... Learned a tremendous amount about the industry, and the internal and external forces that impact a major company downturn. Was shocked at how poor management was rewarded by out of touch executives and how employees were treated with such disregard. I am thankful for the valuable experiences and lessons learned, and the opportunity to have worked with some truly fantastic people.
Great Place to work
Software Test Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 April 2018
Good work place. For new Grads, this company provide a lot of training.
Good people work with and good management team.
very enjoyable to work.
Good employee benefits.
Love to work environment
System Administrator(CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2018
It was my first job as an IT. Had best manager and Team to work with. This job gave me the best hand on Experience in IT support. Had the best environment to work with.
Pros
Best work place environment
Cons
Less people in IT in ottawa
Very productive, informative, encouraging
Sr. ETL developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2018
Very friendly management.
Excellent life and balance, flexible working hours, work from home is allowed for 2-3 days a week. Team members across team are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free lunches, Flexible working hours
Cons
A great Canadian success story that lost its way
System Modeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2018
After basically inventing the smartphone Blackberry fell prey to stiff competition from Apple and Google, trouble with suppliers and increasingly delusional executives.
I refuse
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 March 2018
I do not agree with the decision making to fill in these fields. I fail to see how this will constructively add any value to this experience, nor will this benefit any employers, past or future.
Great Company
System Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 March 2018
This was a great company to work for as the best part are the people that work there. I enjoyed my 6 years working there. They offer competitive wages and bonuses. They offer an incentive plan that earn you cash rewards too.
Software Tools Developer II
Software Tools Developer II (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 March 2018
Fast pace work.
A typical day starts and ends with meetings where we learnt about latest technology and different tools and which one to use within our DevOps Team to build application.

Hardest Part:
I would say managing of the high priority task as they keep changing every day and at some point it gets hard to manage between different technology especially for our DevOps team

Most enjoyable:
Work culture, Team lunches and the most Foosball games
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Long Hours
n/a
Principal Architect (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 March 2018
Contractual restrictions prevent me from commenting. Doing this would violate my contracts and place me into an unfavourable position. I have to leave it at what can be seen from outside.
Sad to see them fail
Software Developer, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2018
The salaries are benefits are just great!! But the state of the company killed the employees' motivations and hopes. I felt that the people around are just working hard to help Blackberry survive not for advancement in their careers.
benefits
Cons
state of the company is demotivating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlackBerry. Our community is ready to answer.