BlackBerry

BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Canada603 reviews
Collaborative and lots of learning
Worked as a security monitoring analyst, monitored the SIEM and collaborate with team members for incident handling and triage. Great in house learning platform and many oporutunities to advance
Very good team but poor corporate decisions
I had the opportunity to work in a great team that was part of a very well managed division.
Unfortunately the company made poor decision early on and wasted lots of resources and money.
Supported blackberry users with phone issues
I worked as a technical support person in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Helped with issues like backing up the phone, problems with contacts, calendar, Bluetooth etc
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
They closed
An enjoyable place to work.
The people that I worked with and for were always supportive and cooperative. Learned how to problem solve in a fast paced quickly changing environment.
Productive and Fun workplace
The work culture is inspiring and the constant feedbacks made work more productive..Lots of fun activities were held,I volunteered for some as well. The manager discussed the challenges,tasks and how I am feeling every week.I got plenty of technical opportunities and collaborated with team globally. My supervisor made sure I am well on track with the requests.
A good team atmosphere where being proactively helpful pays off
Customer service and ticketing where there is no script and you are expected to take responsibility for your own decisions and workload. The person on the other end of the line is treating you like a phone-a-friend resource to get to know rather than someone answering questions right now who you won't ever encounter again.
Good place to work for.
So many reorganization occurred after i left the company. Not sure how it is now since they are focusing on software. However it was really fun to work for Blackberry.
Ok place to work
Everything is just OK. No much to add, it depends on the team you end up with. There is certain progress and everybody is helpful. Opportunities of growing are limited and depends of many factors.
Pros
Free snaks
Cons
Watch out with their constant layoffs.
Nice Company
It's a good company, working culture and job life is fair, You will get to learn a lot if you got a chance to work in this company. Management is good
Relaxed and fun working environment with Foosball Tables
Working at BlackBerry was an amazing experience. Managers and co-workers are very helpful, supportive and knowledgeable. Great place to grow and expand ones work experience and skills.
good
pretty good experience. however, the job itself is boring and management sturcture changed a lot. not a lot to learn and develope.

Great work life balance
Very nice being test engineering student!
Team members are very nice! Work environment was relax. Possible to balance life and work. Personally I like it very much. Personally I like it very much.
Agile environment with great team work
Small teams focusing on teamwork and collaboration to solve and develop new software ideas. great testing methods to ensure quality of work. work environment is clean and collaborative with personal space and group spaces.
Fun place and learn lot of things
I learnt lot of things at BlackBerry Technical as well as communication and customer service skills and it was fun to work there. Everyone over there managers and seniors are really cooperative.
I was very proud of the culture within the technical teams.
Excellent technical team. However, local management tended to take short cuts, then blame the inevitable problems on the team that touched the software last, even after being informed of the known issues. Blackberry Corporate were never informed by local management of these practices.
Productive and fun workplace
If you are a software engineer, you will enjoy working at this place. Salary expectations needs to be tempered but align to normal pay in Canada in general
I felt like a star while I worked for BlackBerry but all good things must end. There is not much you can do to combat a shift in direction and corporate identity. My department no longer exists but it was great while it lasted. It was a great company to work for in all the ways you would expect.
Pros
Autonomy, positive and inclusive corporate culture, flexibility, laid-back atmosphere
Cons
Job security, future growth
Don't join up with BlackBerry unless you have an exit strategy
Worked in the Halifax office from 2007 through to 2013.

Layoffs were a regular occurrence. Every day to still be employed was like winning a raffle.

They pay you great but it's the "every day you work is a gift" culture that had since formed that was disturbing.

The hardest part of the job was the variances of customers you get and attitudes therein. That may be different now that BlackBerry is pretty much using Android for their O/S now.
It had lots of good parts, and some big obvious bad ones
I worked there through the dark days of layoffs on a regular basis and the transition over to using the Android operating system. It was tough! But they treated us pretty well. Not much to complain about, really.
Great Experience
I completed two terms there and it was a very good learning experience. My co-workers were awesome, management wants to give you every opportunity to learn and excel. It is a past paced environment with room to grow!
Great workplace
Great workplace to start out your career. There are lots of opportunities for people to take part in new projects and to learn new things. You are never refined to your basic job description.