BlackBerry Employee Reviews

great place to work, great people and culture
Software Integration and Testing Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2019
The Best Place that you Can Work IN, High Ethics, Respectful Treatment, Very Good Bonuses & Allowances, Great Benefits, Open Opportunities Regardless Oregon or Religion.
Not what I signed up for
Premium Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 January 2019
This is a good place to work, just less fulfilling after 10 years.

We no longer innovate, and our product is openly mocked by the people we try to sell it to.

On top of that, we are no longer a Canadian company, just another American Corporation now.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Top heavy management, spread to wide.
Software Development Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2019
Many opportunities to learn. Real world responsibilities, expect just as much from you as full timers (if you are willing). Management is good. Good range of technologies.
BBM Advertising Operations Co-op (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 January 2019
Great place to work, great people and great culture. Nothing I would change about my experience except possibly more opportunity for travel and collaboration.
Great Place
Lean Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 January 2019
Pros
High Ethics.
Cons
None.
Good company to work for
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 January 2019
Good place to work. Good benefits and flexible hours. Work from home option as well. Good growth opportunity, senior management very supportive. Salaries can be better.
terrible company
Tooling Engineer coop (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 December 2018
Terrible working environment
Terrible management
Ok salary
Ok pension
Ok benefit
bad place to learn any skill
no help from any colleagues

generally bad place to work
Cons
Terrible working environment
No longer open
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 December 2018
I don't know what to write as this place is no longer open. It was a fine place to work but it closed down years ago. I'm not sure if blackberries are even being built still.
Associate BPTS (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 December 2018
The work culture there was good but obviously the job security was not the best as we basically all lost our jobs.... This was however quite a few years ago.... Hopefully the company has rebounded and can offer their employees a more secure future.
Pros
Free coffee?
Cons
No longer working there
Great opportunity to work for a smartphone maker
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 November 2018
While the industry was shifting at the time of my employment, I still feel rewarded by the accountability given to me. The management gave me great support in increasing my skill set.
A great company to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 November 2018
Was great company to work for. We developed software and supported it. In the last year we had a lot of issues due to what happened at the company but I really miss working there
Very disorganized. No one was minding the shop.
PRIVACY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 November 2018
This was my least favourite of all my jobs although it was the best paid. I have never seen so much hustle and so little traction. Nothing ever seemed to get done. They had too many people and not enough work. Sad because it could have been so much more successful.
Pros
sick time was not limited
Cons
boring
Amazing company with lots of smart people
Sr. Program Manager Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
Fun place to work with lots of bleeding edge technology and working with smart people.

Joined the company when it was small and successfully implemented lots of new development, project/program and testing methodologies and processes
Iconic and dynamic company
Operations (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 October 2018
Very dynamic, hectic and exciting at times work environment. Promotes team and personal development however middle management and pretentious behaviors can stiffle individual development . With the right drive and gumption, great opportunities to pave your way, and make a name as an individual exist.
Pros
Working for a Industry Leader
Cons
Legacy the public remembers
Fun during the growth curve...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 October 2018
I worked at BlackBerry during it's growth curve from 2005-2012 (approximately). It was fun to be part of the massive expansion and adoption of smartphones. As with any company that starts to plateau, growth opportunities at the end of my tenure became limited.
Pros
Large number of resources, mentors
Cons
Defined, specific roles made lateral movement difficult
one of best work place in Canada
Manufacturing Test support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Region, ON30 September 2018
professional work place, respect each other, fast pace dynamic environment, a lot of opportunities for learning front edge technology, individual development with company business growing/ changes.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 September 2018
Working at BlackBerry provided me with so much opportunity for development and growth. The culture is fast-paced and about getting things done. I would love to go back.
very good company
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 August 2018
the company treats people equally, offers room to promote. People there are friendly. They respect employee's participation and collect employee's advice to improve production and customer view.
Unpleasant place to work
mud (Current Employee) –  somewhere20 August 2018
Not even a pale shadow of what it once was. Lost and confused would be the best way to describe management and the direction that comes from US head office.
Good company
Technical Support Analyst - Premier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 August 2018
Work is challenging and benefits are above average. Company turnaround is going well but there are still some questions about job security. Good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlackBerry. Our community is ready to answer.