BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Best Company I've Worked For
Documentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge13 June 2018
Working for BlackBerry was a great experience and I'm so glad to have had it. I was very sad when my career came to an end but there are no hard feelings towards BlackBerry. Everyone has to do what they have to do to survive.
Company
National Training Manager - Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Good company overall, was leading technology - always looking to grow. Very process driven, many people to support and collaborate from different teams & sections.
Very inclusive environment with great support
Beta Software Test Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 June 2018
Did a Co-op stint at BB HQ. Was a very good learning experience and loved every minute of it! Great management support and superb help from my supervisor, who encouraged me to work on newer projects!
Good & Bad
Account Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 May 2018
Great benefits and salary. I was fortunate to have some excellent managers who were committed to the advancement of their team. Overall company culture was fairly negative at times.
Excellent company
System Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2018
Excellent environment. Good relations with co-workers. Good management. No pressing, no pushing. Professional and responsible people. Good company to work at.
Excellent place to work
Hardware Verification Test Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2018
It was a great environment to work but I was working at the time when they are downsizing, so it everyone was on edge. Other than that, the compensation and benefit was great.
Great place
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 May 2018
BlackBerry has a fantastic culture, with tons of talented people working there. The biggest drawback about them was the downturn, but now that they've stabilized, I would highly recommend working there.
excellent place to work
new product solder repair (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 May 2018
I learned a lot from my time at RIM , and it was a great place . As my life changed , my job was relocated and later the majority of staff was let go as RIM went away from hardware . I enjoyed the work as the challenges of trying to do something that's new and cutting edge . There was a lot of Rim culture in Waterloo and surrounding area and I was proud to see how far they had come and I was a part of something so exciting
Pros
lots of staff perks, medical ins, discounted gym memebership
A productive ,Everyday a new learning Experience, Team Work
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2018
. Efficient working in multi-project environment.
 Did certification from Cisco in Network Administration.
 Keeps on updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in house and external courses, reading and maintaining whole network by monitoring in server room.
 Adept at providing full-fledged interior networks to various organizations.
one of the Best employers in Canada
Root Cause Analyst -Reliability Qualification (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 May 2018
Cutting edge technology.Excellent benefits package.Average salary.
Fast pace-new products every 3 months.Steep learning curve. This company employs some of the best engineers available from all over the world
One of best professional environment
Data Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 May 2018
The management at BlackBerry was really nice and managed the things in professional way, I liked the working culture there and people at BlackBerry are always eager to help others in their work.
No longer employed here
IT Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 May 2018
I am not going to fill out a review for this company as I no longer work there.

I was released during the headcount reduction and my opinion of the company is no longer valid as the management has changed multiple times.
Good company to work for
PROCESS ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 May 2018
It was a good company to work for. The management team and the work life balance was appropriate. Great culture and they worked hard to making you feel part of the family
Good Company and environment to work with.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 May 2018
Good Company and environment to work with. A lot of Pros with very less Cons. I highly recommend to work there if you get a chance. I always miss working with such a great team and leadership.
Shell of a culture and company it once was, good talent gone, employees just numbers...
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2018
Was there for the good times and not so good times... Learned a tremendous amount about the industry, and the internal and external forces that impact a major company downturn. Was shocked at how poor management was rewarded by out of touch executives and how employees were treated with such disregard. I am thankful for the valuable experiences and lessons learned, and the opportunity to have worked with some truly fantastic people.
Great Place to work
Software Test Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 April 2018
Good work place. For new Grads, this company provide a lot of training.
Good people work with and good management team.
very enjoyable to work.
Good employee benefits.
Love to work environment
System Administrator(CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2018
It was my first job as an IT. Had best manager and Team to work with. This job gave me the best hand on Experience in IT support. Had the best environment to work with.
Pros
Best work place environment
Cons
Less people in IT in ottawa
Very productive, informative, encouraging
Sr. ETL developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2018
Very friendly management.
Excellent life and balance, flexible working hours, work from home is allowed for 2-3 days a week. Team members across team are friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free lunches, Flexible working hours
Cons
A great Canadian success story that lost its way
System Modeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 March 2018
After basically inventing the smartphone Blackberry fell prey to stiff competition from Apple and Google, trouble with suppliers and increasingly delusional executives.
I refuse
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 March 2018
I do not agree with the decision making to fill in these fields. I fail to see how this will constructively add any value to this experience, nor will this benefit any employers, past or future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlackBerry. Our community is ready to answer.