Blackbaud Employee Reviews

Social good starts at home.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC20 July 2019
Fairly vile organization that exploits the good nature of its employees (and customers) for maximum yield for their Executive leadership team and shareholders. It’s just a matter of time before someone goes out in an orange jumpsuit insofar as they are a murky credit card processing company masquerading as Enterprise Software. Most positive reviews are for HQ only. Take note. Proceed with caution.
If your productive your successful
Corporate Event Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arizona18 July 2019
Worked for the company for 4 years. The office is absolutely beautiful. The restructure ended my position. I would have stayed if there was a position open for me. The people are really nice and I really enjoyed working with them.
I worked as a remote employee and I was not micromanaged. As long as I was productive and available, they did not ask me to account for my time. But, be warned, I did not need supervision. I like to work. If you find yourself easily distracted with other things, this is not the job for you. I put in my time and I went above and beyond.
If you are not productive, they do have tracking on their equipment and your job would be at risk.
Great company, you do them right, they do you right. Saddened that I with the buy out my position was deleted.
Great company
Finance (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC13 July 2019
Pros
Amazing people, 25% of employees on nonprofit boards, inspirational customers, industry SaaS, new HQ based in Charleston SC, international operations, work/life balance, most work standard business hours, PTO 20 days+, add’l time off to volunteer, dynamic and fast-paced

Cons
Dynamic and fast-paced isn’t for everyone, company is shifting to the cloud which comes with growing pains and shifting priorities, career progression isn’t well structured

Advice
If you’re looking for a company with purpose in the software industry and put in the work Blackbaud is rewarding both personally and professionally
Sales is tough
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC25 June 2019
Many people love working here, I would guess they are not in a sales role. Sales has become extremely micro managed and high pressure. The benefits and PTO are great, and if you end up working for a good manager, that's great, but no guarantees that that manager won't be leaving for his/her own promotion. It's nice that people are promoted often, but hard to get used to a new team/strategy frequently.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Micromanagement
Consulting Manager, Data Integration (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX12 June 2019
Blackbaud is driven by their mission and strive to be a thought leader in their space helping non-profits be successful. Blackbaud is flexible with their employee's time, which is a big reason senior employees stay with the organization.
Great place to work if you are in a hub
Portfolio Leader (Former Employee) –  Remote1 May 2019
Worked with some very smart hardworking folks that were intent on serving their clients in non-profit world. Hardest part is you cannot get ahead if you are not in one of the few corporate hubs.
Pros
Great people and great clients
Cons
Focused on filling seats in Corporate office over best resources
Can be great
CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC10 April 2019
Can be an excellent place to work. Depending on role, opportunities for collaboration and innovation are available. Management at times can be hesitant to listen to employee feedback.
Blackbaud
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC9 April 2019
Being at Blackbaud has taught me a lot. No matter how long you are with a company and they tell you that you are a valuable member of the team. NEVER take them at their word. I was with Blackbaud for 5 years and transitioned into a new position within the last year. The the two positions that I held within Blackbaud were similar, but when I tried to stress to them that I wasn't sure on how to do something and needed their help. They said they understood and would help and they did, but even when I wasn't getting it and asked for additional assistance from another team they denied me.
Best company I have worked for
Support Analyst Financial Edge (Current Employee) –  Daniel Island, SC3 April 2019
Love everything about this company and what I do they recognize your hard work and they make you feel like what you do is worth it. They have had changes as all companies do and there are also challenges but I welcome them as learning experiences
Training schedules vs. Selling
SR. ENTERPRISE SALES EXECUTIVE - CAUSE AND CURE (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC20 March 2019
The company spends too much time forcing training projects on the sales team whereas they should allow the sale people to do what they have been tasked to do: SELL.
Pros
Good team spirit
Cons
too much time focusing on non-sales related activities
Great first job experience
eTapestry Consultant I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN19 March 2019
My first job out of college, helped get me on my feet. Started as an analyst and came to realize I had an interest in the tech field and a knack for troubleshooting, now I am going back to school for IT.
Lack of Management and Direction
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC15 March 2019
Having worked through three major departments in Blackbaud I have consistently seen a lack in leadership and drive to push employees to reach their full potential. The "good ole' boy" system is alive and well within their departments and if you don't repeatedly kiss up to someone they won't acknowledge your hard work and cooperation.

If you are looking into a job at Blackbaud, be prepared to play some major politics games to curry favor and gain acceptance of management as they rarely acknowledge hard work and effort.

Now I have had two great managers while in my employee here, however that is shadowed by the 5 other managers, leads, and directors I have directly reported to over the years that were and are poor leadership choices. These individuals might be good at certain aspects of their jobs however people management is clearly not their strong point.
Blackbaud
Senior Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC5 March 2019
Well led company, best performer in the foundation marketplace. Technology lacks the ability to scale, but is normally well received by the client base.
Pros
Strong, capable leadership team
Cons
Low pay
not all bad
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC4 March 2019
Seems like a good company. However, be prepared for a typical SaaS environment. Young people using language to be cool instead of accurately. They offer a lot, but a lot comes out of your paycheck. have them actually spell out what you have to do to earn your commission. The whole system doesn't work well together.
Pros
campus is nice
Cons
the left doesn't know what the right is doing
10 Years Experience at Blackbaud
Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC2 March 2019
It is a very employee friendly company. Management is great to work with and work for. I enjoyed my time immensely. Once working there the company's sole focus is helping you to enhance your professional experience.
Pros
Prodigious time off, employee friendly
Cons
Nothign comes to mind
Average place to work
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC15 February 2019
it's OK, good starting benefits, top management is a little flaky, but I've seen much worse.
Don't let the enon profit thing fool you, it's just another company writing business software
Pros
good pay
Cons
on call 24/7
care about the employees
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN30 January 2019
I actually worked for Master Software which was bought out by Blackbaud many years ago. Blackbaud was very fair to the Master Software employees during the buyout.
Pros
care about employees
Great coworkers, but terrible executive leaders
Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC28 January 2019
Coworkers were amazing people, and hard workers. However, anyone in management did not care the "real" data. They only want manipulated data to show their managers to make them look good. They are always restructuring, and do layoffs every Jan/Feb because poor business decision making. Pay for work is much lower than industry standards, and certainly not enough in this area.
Pros
La Croix, and snacks in break room, free cold brew
Cons
awful management, no career advancement oppourtunities
Great at the beginning but bad now
Marketing (Current Employee) –  N/A12 January 2019
Do not work for Blackbaud if you like stability. There is constant shuffling and sudden changes. When I first started, everything was stable and things were going well. I worked in one of the satellite offices and the culture was great. It seemed though that HQ was out of touch on what we were doing. I also feel like the upper management thinks of themselves as royalty and were totally out of touch with everyone else. The All hands meeting were such a bore because the executives were so stiff. Now the company is doing really bad and there has been a sudden reorganization. Customers are not Blackbaud’s priority. They just are out to get the money and leave customers with products that need so much support. There is a reason why Classy is doing so well because they keep things simple. If you want to work for no profit software, Classy is the way to go.
Pros
Work/life balance, the people within my office
Cons
Too stiff and political
Fast paced
Conversion Analyst (Former Employee) –  Remote19 December 2018
I enjoyed the work I did. Although, I rarely worked a normal 40 hour work week. I was constantly juggling multiple projects with different customers and dealing with demanding deadlines.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackbaud. Our community is ready to answer.