Black Tie Property Services logo

Black Tie Property Services Employee Reviews

4.5
Work-life balance

Excellent company

You can rely on Black Tie!I have been dealing with them for the lat 10 years and they always perform outstanding and above my expectations.Hiring them is a step for a long term success for the custonmer1

Not what they claimed to be

Working with Black Tie seemed like a good idea after the interview but once work started it was not as promised. The buildings are complicated and the rates don't really account for this. There is a promised wage but it would be a fight to actually get paid that since it averages out over the month and everything you do daily needs to be documented with pictures. Starting out here you're on the bottom, employees who have been their longer get the easier and better paying jobs, have better equipment and support. Safety although supposedly a company value is ignored and dismissed. To finish these complicated buildings and make even your promised rate you either have to be very experienced or cut corners and put yourself in dangerous situations. Building maintenance in general is a race to the bottom and I recommend anyone pursuing a career in rope access to get out of it.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Unconcerned about safety, cliquey culture, low wage

Black Tie Rocks

I love working at Black Tie. My supervisors are super supportive, always address my issues immediately and encourage my growth. Its really great working for a well established company that delivers high service and has a strong vision. The company culture is just awesome.

Pros

Company BBQs!!!

Black Tie is a great team to be a part of. They are an employee first company who’s core values align with my own. They have given me so much opportunity to progress my career in rope access and I’m very happy to be a part of such a awesome crew of people.

Pros

The people

Best rope access window cleaning company in Vancouver

Most professional company in town. Well managed, great friendly vibes and looks after their staff. Very happy to have found this company last year and looking forward to another season!

Pros

Staff BBQ's, good management, bosses treat you well

Cons

The Vancouver weather! ;)

The Best in Town.

Black Tie has a reputation in town, and it is well earned. I was lucky enough to get on with them shortly after getting my rope ticket, and stayed for the next three years until I heard wind turbines calling my name. The management is fantastic, all experienced window cleaners who know its a hard job and do their best to mitigate that as much as possible. No other company in town throws a monthly BBQ for their employees, I'll tell you that. Gear is impeccably maintained compared to other operations, and I never felt asked to do anything unsafe. You really won't find a better place to work in windows than at Black Tie.

Pros

Monthly BBQ, Great Management, Solid Gear.

Cons

Exposed to all weather. Windy weeks can eat into pay.

Come and join us!

Do you want to be part of a competitive company, have the best views from the city and work on heights? Nice vibe, good team, I recommend this company so, come and join us!

Well managed, promotes professional growth.

From an employee perspective: This company is well managed, and seems to always be pushing to find ways for betterment, which I think is both admirable and hard to find. Any feedback actually gets heard, and ways to improve those areas get talked about. Although a male dominated industry, the guys here are inclusive to all communities, which is uncommon in many labour oriented professions. 9.5/10 would recommend.