Black Rock Oceanfront Resort

Black Rock Oceanfront Resort Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Great Management Team

Over the last year Management has worked hard to build a strong team. They value their employees and are always ready to listen and take suggestions from staff on ways to improve their job and to create a positive work environment every day.The work is demanding but if you have a good work ethic you will be recognized and rewarded regularly for your efforts. Likewise, if you have a poor work ethic, it will not go unnoticed.

Pros

Great health benefits and staff discounts and great staff accommodation

Cons

Always short staffed

It was great.

The 3 years I've worked there I've met a lot of great people. Typical day at work was to go through my check list whilst doing laundry for Kitchen and Restaurant, wasn't too bad. Management wasn't an issue for me. Workplace culture was decent as you not only meet the HSKP staff but other departments. Things I've learned: Operate the Fire places, Patio door issues, clean and inspect rooms, and how to juggle numerous front desk requests. Hardest part of the job was to juggle numerous front desk requests while trying to complete your daily checklist at the end of the night during summer. The most enjoyable part of my job was to assist and work with my fellow HSKP staff.

Busy days are better than slower, fun co-workers

The work initially would keep me busy but once everything was done it was difficult to find stuff to keep myself busy for the rest of the shift. Between 9PM-11PM it is rather slow and everything is already complete. Days with events are able to keep me busy though.

Understaffed/horrible management

Worked there for a few seasons, always understaffed with lazy management.. Management doesn't care if their employees are happy which creates a toxic environment for everyone. Not to mention they charge $1200 a month for a shoe box sized staff accom.

Pros

Decent wages

Cons

Under staffed/over worked

Jobs at Black Rock Oceanfront Resort