Black & McDonald Limited

Black & McDonald Limited Employee Reviews

Canada212 reviews
As far as oilfield industrial work goes, Black & McDonald made a decent effort to treat its workers like human beings (this is hard to do on these sites if the client doesn't share that view)
22 May 2020
We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and the time you took to post your review! Thank you for your dedication and work during your time with Black & McDonald and the goodwill you’ve shown us through sharing your experience.
Nothing negative to say about B&M really. They were underbid on a maintenance contract, and lost the contract I was working. Overall, they're good to work for.
22 May 2020
Management is very bad in western utilities. Very very bad. The project manager is inexperienced and unqualified along with many others. Good in other provinces but Calgary NO!
22 May 2020
We are very sorry to hear your experience with Black & McDonald was not a positive one. We consider people our greatest asset and take your feedback very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and giving us the opportunity to learn and improve.
As a national company, Black & McDonald is a great company to work for. Provincially, management is difficult to work with or for. Very stressful environment with little chance of career advancement.
24 April 2020
We greatly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to post your review. Thank you for your dedication and work as a member of the Black & McDonald team!
Good place to work. Free to schedule my own weeks with customer. Good management and office staff. Opportunities for overtime. Good contracts that challenge your expertise
24 April 2020
We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and the time you took to post your review. Thank you for your dedication and work as a member of the Black & McDonald team!
Has to be the worse job I have had. Some management showed huge bias. Inconsistent management. They also would not listen to workers suggestions
With regards to better ways to do the job.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
9 April 2020
Overall good company, lot's of work,good training, Company hires junior project managers with no construction experience at all to run jobs ,no clue what they are doing, some junior co-workers will stab you in the back to kiss up to the managers,upper management takes their side over dedicated loyal employees.
9 April 2020
We appreciate your positive feedback and the time you took to post your review! Thank you for your dedication and work during your time with Black & McDonald and the goodwill you’ve shown us through sharing your experience.
Very difficult environment to work in. A lot office of politics. The management do not listen, very poor training. Nothing enjoyable there worked way past shift ending hours.
2 April 2020
公司的企业文化非常优秀,工作环境以及同事关系非常良好。专业的工作态度以及将近百年的公司口碑是公司在同行业竞争力很强的关键。公司积极投入人力物力于慈善事业,也经常组织分公司之间交流的活动。另外,公司还有一套成熟的培训系统,为培养人才和晋升提供了良好的环境。
Without a doubt the most sleazy, dirtbag, scumbucket company I have ever worked for in my lifetime. Even after years of devoted service they will still throw any employee under the bus in a heartbeat if it serves their purpose. If you know what is good for you, you won't get within 100 miles of this company.
26 March 2020
The job was great but the black and mcdonald people were terrible to work with. Management is just arrogant yes men. HR has the personality of a slug.
Pros
Didnt have to deal with them much
Cons
Black and mac as a whole sucks
26 March 2020
i was happy working there until the service supervisor got pushed to retirement and have a new manager come in and want to bring in his friends and I got pushed out
20 February 2020
We greatly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to post your review!
My experience with this company was a positive one and I would recommend working with this company. The staff was informative and the work environment was a positive one.
20 February 2020
Very enjoyable and well managed company. Professional standards with a mindset towards training and improving in all aspects of the construction and maintenance fields.
14 February 2020
We greatly appreciate your feedback and the time you took to post your review! Thank you for your dedication and work during your time with Black & McDonald and the goodwill you’ve shown us through sharing your experience.
Good teams to work with while I was there. I worked alone and glad to see management trusted me to get the job done. Training was good and atmosphere was good.
14 February 2020
Overall great place to work, my only complaint is getting moved around from departments and getting laid off after only 6 months. Management did attempt to find a placement for me, but so I can't really blame them for the situation.
6 February 2020
Great company that encourages growth.
Great experience working here.

People around you at work are more than willing to help you learn if you show them that you are interested.
31 January 2020
An acceptable place to work. Including acceptable working conditions. Acceptable staff. Acceptable wages. Acceptable benefits. Acceptable hours of work.
17 January 2020
The work was very high load with short deadlines, a lot of overtime was required, everyone was friendly and helpful, wanting everyone to succeed. However the group was very small for the workload.
17 January 2020
Applied with indeed. Got email from HR to schedule a phone interview. Then onsite interview with hiring manager and HR. HR is very professional and approachable. The entire process is efficient.

Company is very well structured. Managers are respectful. Colleagues are collaborative.
15 January 2020
Got laid off after 5 years due to lack of work. Work is very come and go. sometimes it is super busy and other times nearly the whole place will get laid off.
15 January 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black & McDonald Limited. Our community is ready to answer.