Bison Transport
Coronavirus update
Information from Bison Transport:

Bison Transport Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Winnipeg, MB48 reviews
Although they have performance Bonuses, they are just that bonuses. They will take it away if anything happens. And they are paid quarterly,
doesn't really help paying regular bills. That being said after 11 years we've had 2 base rate increases $0.02/mile in 2016 and a $0.01/per mile in 2018. In 11 years that works out to about an 8.1% increase, compared to a cost of living increase of about 17.5% for the same period. They wonder why it's hard to get drivers.
Great place to work, supportive managers. Always busy. Great training. Like the ride along. The building has lots of places to rest during your breaks.
Kept trying to use you as cheap labour. constantly getting you to do city and regional work for long haul rates. Changing loads at last minute. Constantly deducting waiting time from you
For the amount of work they expect out of you. The pay sure sucks. $32,000/ YEAR. What is that supposed to cover? No benefits, no savings plans ie pension. Nothing. The management is horrible. Constant pressure and micromanaging. I would run from this place. Not worth the street for the peanuts they pay. That's why they hire a bunch of entry level kids.
A été très bonne compagnie mais ils y a des relâchements
Had a good dispatcher. I wanted lots of USA miles , I got it. He did best he could to give me home time when I asked. The pay at Bison was at or near the top of the long haul industry out of Winnipeg. I now live in Vancouver island and could work for Bison again for the right dispatcher . If he would cater to my needs, I could do the same for him
Long days or 12 hour shifts, 4 on 4 off. Co workers were all nice, friendly and professional. Wage was poor for the amount of hours worked and how much work you had to do. Never once received a raise or had a review which played a massive role in why I left working at Bison and moved on to another trucking company. Was a good move.
20 March 2020
We are a 24/7 business and so we appreciate the modified shifts that people work to ensure freight keeps moving. We will definitely share your comments about wage with the appropriate departments. Thanks for your feedback!
My time at Bison I was able to advance my career. Lots of in house courses and support. Management team in each department is varied from very senior to less senior. Each day has it's own challenges to overcome which is the exciting part. That motivation was enjoyable. The culture is good as team work team is stressed and learning encouraged and promoted.
10 February 2020
We have a great team of people that support our goals and glad you felt that way while working for us! Our internal learning programs are constantly evolving and promote growth and advancement opportunities for our team. Best of luck in your next role!
Benefits are good and training is good after that not much I can say is good. Once you don't do a run they want you to do you are given low mileage runs and then sit around waiting for a load. My experience has not been agood one.
Pros
Good training, and benefits, gifts through out the year are pretty good
Cons
To many to list
17 January 2020
We'd be happy to discuss any additional concerns that you have, either stop by or give us a call 1-800-462-4766.
Overall satisfied with the workplace. Everyday there is something new to learn. Just hope there was a little more supervision over employees saying things behind each other's back.
Pros
Fast based, a lot to learn
Cons
Employee working there over a time feeling they know more
4 September 2019
Thanks for leaving your feedback and happy to hear your experience overall was a positive one. Our HR/People Development team would be more than happy to speak to you further regarding any other concerns. Please contact us at 1-800-462-4766.
worked at bison for about 6 years , I loved my coworkers to death and I have to say that the environment is what kept me coming back everyday as well as the challenging and motivating work. The pay could have been better as I filling multiple roles for the price of one for several years.
4 September 2019
As we evolve and grow there are always opportunities for more challenging opportunities and glad you were apart of that during your tenure. Thanks for leaving us your comments, we appreciate any opportunities to improve. Good luck in your next role!
Much diversity, friendly professional atmosphere.
Some great benefits, but pay could be better, especially for new hires.

Also the $1,000-2,000 contract breach fee bites.
4 September 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. We will ensure the appropriate team receives this as we are always looking for opportunities to improve. Good luck in your future roles!
I have worked with Bison for 5 years and can honestly say those who have written negative reviews are disgruntled employees. If you ask anyone who currently works at Bison for 3 months or 3 years, they will speak to the culture and the continued growth within the organization. As a local Manitoba company, Bison takes pride in investing in their people for those who work hard, show initiative and care about their work. The open communication among all staff, the camaraderie and openness to change is what keeps me working here. Not every employee will be satisfied with their experience, but if you talk to current staff about their experience and what they like, you will hear a consistent theme. It truly is a great place to work and as large as Bison is, you are not just a number, you are a valued contributing member of the team
Pros
positive company, good growth
Don't pay enough for the amount of work 12.50hr to move tractors in and out of a shop for techs while performing trailer wash outs, exterior washes, interior tractor details, trailer yard checks and also opperate a mobile booster year round in minus -40 come winter season ..
Pros
Free lunches, gym facility, good culture
Cons
Dirty work, low wage, long shifts
30 May 2019
Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not an positive one. We appreciate the hard work that goes into detailing our trucks and understand it is not a job for everyone. Our HR team would be happy to receive any other feedback or commentary about your experience, give us a call at 1-800-462-4766.
I was treated like an outsider by everyone. The supervisor was never there and the manager covered for him. They were awful people to be around. Very snobby and don't accept anyone that doesn't already work there. The work was slow and the people were very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
very long shifts and horrible management
1 May 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is unfortunate you had this experience with Bison Transport. Our HR/People Development team would be more than happy to speak to you further. Please contact them at 1-800-462-4766.
Poorly managed by a very young group of people too focused on friendships instead of doing their jobs. No support from supervisors. You work through your breaks and overtime without being paid. The only way you move up in the company is by conforming and joining one of the cliques. No raises. There is a huge difference in workload between Operations and other departments and that is reflected in the declining morale. There are different sets of rules for different employees and even certain drivers are treated with favoritism. Upper management boasts a friendly corporate culture but it's all for show.
Pros
Bbqs in the summer
Cons
Long hours, no support
I started at Bison as a Driver but unfortunately was injured on the job. After some negotiations in determining what my restrictions would be, Bison helped me secure a position in the office in the Logistics Department. This injury drastically affected my lifestyle and had the potential to end my career in the transportation industry. They were able to arrange for accommodations to my work station, providing me with a standing desk, and after starting in the office and demonstrating what I knew, I was given a promotion within 4 months. Bison really recognizes your work and you are rewarded appropriately. The work environment is very good, everyone is so friendly and supportive of each other, and management actually appreciates your wo
14 March 2019
Really happy to hear that we were able to find you a fit in our Logistics department! Great that you are able to apply your knowledge in the industry to another role in our business. Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments about your experience.
great place to work, able to get free lunches every Wednesday. Learnt a lot on the grounds crew about maintenance in a big facility. Great people to work with
28 January 2019
Thanks so much for taking some time to leave a review! Great to hear that you had a good experience with us. The people are what makes Bison so great!
The work it’s self is a lot, very high demand and pressure and not enough pay. Lots of micromanaging which makes it hard to do your work in an effective way.
During reviews any decent pay raise is hard to come by unless you have a manager that is willing to vouch for you, otherwise your lucky if you get something that isn’t a slap in the face.

Some managers there should not have that position as they are not good with working with other people, very rude and condescending. Lots of negative talk that goes around and no appreciation.

Good stepping stone place for office work but to create a career out of it you won’t make it far.
Pros
BBQs in the summer, very cultural
Cons
Not enough pay and not good choices for management
28 January 2019
Thanks for your review and feedback. We appreciate all comments, both positive and constructive. We will be sharing your comments with our team to ensure we are considering all opportunities to improve. Best of luck in your new role!
Management has no idea what they are doing. Turn over of office staff is unbelievable. It was great for the first few years but now it is a terrible place to work. The pay is way too low. The weekly summer BBQ are a joke. You are never there to enjoy them.
Pros
Keeps you busy
Cons
Not paid enough for being away from home
28 January 2019
Hi, thanks for taking some time to leave us a review, your feedback is appreciated and we will ensure your thoughts are passed on to the team.
Great place to work! Free parking, BBQ's every Wednesday in the summer and a variety of benefit packages available to employees. It's clear that morale is important to them.

Management has a great open door policy and is always very receptive when approached.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Heavy workloads
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bison Transport. Our community is ready to answer.