Bison Transport
Coronavirus update
Information from Bison Transport:

Bison Transport Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Mississauga, ON27 reviews
They take new drivers after driving schools. Good company for beginners to start driving . New equipment. Good safety . Always need more drivers.
40 cents per mile to run in Canada
The most underpaid drivers on Hwy 17.

Children planning loads in Mississauga and 6 figure management sharing cookies in the lunch room.
I've been employed here since Jan 2020..So far everyone that I worked is in a positive mode with exception of one two. HR is a real deal, Looked after my issue right away .. Shop management very profesional in handling my issues and fellow mechanics. I can't thank them enough in making my transition to my new home ...pleasant and fun..Thank you again and again !!!!!
20 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your comments.
Fast-paced environment - very team-oriented. Bison has a workplace culture as very few companies have. Very friendly staff, management, and team are always willing to mentor and help you when needed. The workload can be heavy at times like everywhere else but very rewarding once the job is done. Highly recommend
18 February 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We definitely expect a lot out of people for the workload but that is balanced with a great culture that supports collaboration!
Great people
Very flexible schedules

Many options to choose from

Excellent equipment

On-site maintenance shop

Standard pay rates with many opportunities for extras
Pros
Flexible schedules
10 February 2020
Thanks so much for your feedback. We hope you have continued success in your career!
Very nice presentation big words you think that`s it you will retire form Bison that`s only in the beginning they hire on peak season they will make more money than they will invest on you to hire you , low pay they won`t pay your extra work and delays and hook and drops they just forget. Pay for the effort you punting in is not worth it. When they are busy will force dispatch you even they see you don`t have the hours and when are slow will keep promising you loads and keep you on call. Tide dispatch poor planing and the company trucks are speed limited at 100 KM/H very dangerous if you need to pass and the passing lane finish .
I can`t understand how they can buy and keep parked the equipment (New trucks) They think that will reduce accidents but every month you see on the herd new accidents. Accident will be prevented hiring and paying DRIVERS not "steering holders" and "throttle pushers" as they have only automatics
Pros
none as you can pay the bills with words and promises
Cons
everything else
17 January 2020
Hi there. Thanks for taking some time to leave your feedback. Our team would be happy to discuss some of your concerns further, if you are able to speak with your Fleet Manager or other Leader in the business. Alternatively, you can give us a call 1-800-462-4766.
Overall working at Bison Transport teaches you how to manage your time, also how to multitask between email phone calls walk-in clients and manage shop work schedule.
Yes, fun and positive place to work at. Lounge / TV for drivers. Washer Dryer, Showers, and celebration lunches and events such as Halloween, Birthdays and Eating Healthy.
Pros
Health Benefits, Monthly Summer Bar-BQ, Uniforms, Clothing, Tools
Cons
Pay Scale is lot as good as it should be.
21 October 2019
Thanks for taking some time to leave us your comments. Great to hear you had a good experience overall, we will ensure your comments are shared with the team!
Great people to work with.
Regret not being able to learn more on the tech side of new equipment otherwisw good place to work and just keep to what you know.
21 October 2019
Great to hear that you had a great team to work with! Great people are what makes Bison so successful. Thanks for taking some time to leave your comments. Good luck in your next position!
It was a honeymoon the first 2 years. I felt like my manager had my back and that he/she had an eye out for me for best load. I am delivering one of the best working performance to Bison, but I don't get it back.
21 October 2019
Hi there. We value the hard work that you do as a driver, your role is so crucial to our business. Hoping that you have brought these concerns up to your Manager so that we can look into different ways to improve. If you wanted to address any of your concerns with our HR/People Development team feel free to reach out 1-800-462-4766.
I had worked with different companies. But when I started with bison I am enjoying life completely. Good work timings good and best customer. Everything’s nicely on time load pick or drops it’s wonderful place to work .
21 October 2019
There are lots of great people involved in making Bison so successful. Thank you for being part of that success in your driving role. Stay safe out there!
it is not an organized company, working over time without OT. mangement team are young and unprofessional. I hate working there. very very very bad company
21 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is unfortunate you had this experience with Bison. Our HR/People Development team would be more than happy to speak to you further about any concerns. Please contact us at 1-800-462-4766.
Great place to work. Managers and team are they to help you along on your path at Bison. Very good equipment to drive and backed up by certified mechanics. Many choices of routes to choose from to keep you busy.
4 September 2019
Glad your experience has been a positive one! We take pride in our equipment and our people, and as a driver you are a crucial part of our success. Keep up the hard work!
Presently employee. Great work environment with safety and family in mind. Great rate of pay and fast paced environment. Management great to work with and are very flexible to employees needs.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Great co workers.
4 September 2019
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Glad that your experience with us has been great so far. Your hard work as a driver does not go unrecognized, we appreciate what you do!
When you calculate it, the pay is extremely poor, the stress. Tractor constantly in maintenance due to bad conditions; Some dispatchers do not help, the pay in miles is bad, only 0.40 cents, normal for truckers is 0.60 cents
Pros
time at home
Cons
salary
12 July 2019
Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Although the base per miles pay seems low, the pay structures includes a number of different premiums and is more complicated than just the base. We would be happy to better explain our pay packages to anyone considering roles within Bison. 1-800-462-4766
I’m a company driver at Bison been at the company for over 5 years. I feel fortunate to work for a company that has made it easy for me to experience life on the road. No matter what job you do there will always be ups and downs. Bison has up to date equipment and makes sure their drivers are comfortable , with having trucks equipped with apu’s, inverters, fridges. I feel honoured to had been given a new truck to use to make my living. All I have to do is drive. I have worked for other companies and since I came to Bison my life has not been the same. Every driver has the right to decide when their out there on the road,but when your company stands behind your decision fully speak volumes to me. There is no need to worry there are no repercussions with your decision.
Pros
Right to decide
Clean and modern workplace and facility. Great air conditioning in the summer. A number of coworker events that are fun to take part in. The turnover is typical within the transportation industry. Seeing a general turnover every couple years in some departments, and quicker in others. There is quite a bit of growth in some departments as well. This creates a lot of opportunity to improve your career and skillsets. One thing that I noticed is that management is very encouraging of trying to keep good people within the business. If you're not happy with the current role, they will actively assist you in finding something that fits. Creates a great scenario of learning new skills and upward mobility. I've always been treated fairly, and look forward to continue to develop my career at Bison.
Pros
BBQ lunches, onsite gym, free coffee
Cons
Can be long hours when things go wrong
enjoy the culture
expected long hours with little in return to feel appreciated

free lunches

gym on site

lack of advancement or training to advance

low salary and minimal salary increases
The hiring process is so slow and time wasting that it is not worth the time even bothering to try.
For the money they pay and the 3 weeks sitting and waiting for them to get back to you is not worth it.

A straight answer would be nice but never comes.

Pay is well below industry standards also.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Lots
bison is a very good company to work for in my opinon. the pay scale could be hire . the equipment is maintained very good. they could be more flexable with the home time .
Pros
lots of miles
Cons
not muck home time
Promises , lies and twisting your words!!!
A complete chaos , not one single trip completed as pre-planned ,

as an owner operator I've lost over 40 ,000 dollars compared to my previous year.

Big words , big titles , breach of contract !

Nobody takes responsibility for their shortfalls , dispatch becomes

arrogant when you want better organized , longer runs.

They want you to live in the truck , but you are still not making the miles , if not sitting at the border for 20 hours then you hunting down brokers !

Stay away !
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bison Transport. Our community is ready to answer.