Bison Transport
Coronavirus update
Information from Bison Transport:

Bison Transport Employee Reviews in Langley, BC

Langley, BC7 reviews
- In charge of confirming and updating driver routes between Alberta and British Columbia.

- Compare and contrast trailer locations between the company system records and the physical location.

- Learned a significant amount about the transport and logistics industry and that it is a rather dynamic and systematic process that only tolerates a small margin of error in regards to delivery time frames and other events (road closures, accidents, etc)

- The most challenging task for myself was having to adjust to the specific language used within the industry.

- My coworkers were quite knowledgeable about the industry and were always happy to help assist me if I happened to have any difficulties of misunderstandings.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
No opportunity for overtime
The head office culture is amazing but the Langley office is terrible. The management was mean and negative. There is no space to grow. There is a lot of gossiping.
As an Operations student, the position is very flexible with many opportunities to self-direct your work. Throughout the summer I will rotate throughout all the departments in the office and complete project based work.
The on-boarding and training processes are well designed with continuous support throughout the first few weeks.

The official position length is 4 months long, and pending the term's success, there are possibilities for extension or full-time employment.

Current hours during training are set, but once training is complete, hours are flexible to accommodate your needs.

The success of the student program is evident. Many of the full-time employees in the office were previous summer students.

There are no benefits included in this position. However, the hourly salary is very competitive, and in my experience, higher than other advertised student positions in the Fraser Valley.

The environment is fast-paced, and requires developed multi-tasking abilities.

All employees that I have encountered are very friendly and have expressed their willingness to assist me during my training period.
Pros
friendly, open office environment
Cons
some of the training courses are dated, and technical issues occurred
Since joining Bison my stress level has decreased dramatically. It is refreshing to work for a company that cares about it's employees and wants to build them up to be successful. Everyone builds each other up. The level of camaraderie within Bison is out of this world. All the staff are welcoming and friendly. There never is a moment when someone isn't trying to work together to get through daily tasks. Working for a lot of smaller companies for many years fighting my way to learn and make something of myself and always ended up working harder for much less satisfaction and more stress. At the end of the day I can go home and be with my family not worrying about 'what's happening at work' while knowing that today was a good day or a tough day and together we got through it. That's the way it should be with any employer.
Official response from Bison Transport
28 January 2019
Hi there, thanks for your feedback! We are all in this together and you need the best team to back you! Great to hear that you are feeling supported, challenged and have less stress. 1Bison!
great place to work. Wouldn't of left, had to leave due to personal family reasons. But great safety and management team. Backs their drivers 100% and lots of work.
Terrible manager, but great team to work in. People are nice but the Langley management team is on a power trip. They are not good to staff and creat a high school environment.
Over micro managed;Is a great company to work for as long as you don't look out side the box and never question policy and procedures
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bison Transport. Our community is ready to answer.