Bison Transport

Bison Transport Employee Reviews

Good company, w/great flexibility

Bison was an awesome company to work for as an O/O. As a company driver there were some challenges. They have lots of different runs and different types of work, so when I got bored with something I could always switch things up and do a different run.

Pros

Overall good company and great driver facilities at terminals

Cons

Found that dispatch and fleet manager changed, just as you were build a good working relationship with them

Too few doing too much.

Everyone extensively overworked and stressed. One person does two people's work at all times in all positions. Well paid but not worth it when not enough people for work loads. The office treats drivers poorly and take every financial advantage of them.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Always too much expected from too few.

Very bad company to work for

Junk company to work for; better work at Tim hortons; congested yards ; out of service equipment and nowadays a very bad name in trucking; all these awards they boast are created by their own management; All new Canadians with zero experience are hired here very easily and they Create chaos during bad weather on highways. Dispatchers /Fleet mangers have 0 knowledge/experience same as their drivers … no one stays here long/ it used to be a good company 10 years ago but now these guys are at bottom; My advise don’t spoil your life working here….

Pros

Cons

Small congested yards with largest potholes ; no respect; third class company to work for

Gone to the dogs

I have worked here for years and sure has changed for the worse. Dispatch and management very poorly trained. If you call with any concern they tell you they will call back and never do. Too bad was such a good place to work. Would not recommend anyone to apply.

Pros

None anymore

Cons

Poor management, cannot be staight with you about anything

Salary

Company is Good, Fleet Manager Dispatchers Excellent People.Bison Is a Proper definition of Corporations, Cutting rates hauling freight for 1990 Rate keeping shipper Happy.Paying Driver Rates which are hard to survive on.If you Divide the amount of pay and Amount of work and wait, You better off working at Construction site.Work Culture is Good Got Excellent Trainer in but, For what trucking was known money this is the wrong company to work for the, Get the Experience And Work For The People Who Pays For Fairly.The Amount of Risk on the Road we Take and The Pay. No!No!

Pros

Work culture, Friendly people

Cons

Pay

Great place to work for anyone

I joined the company 2 years ago. My role involves a lot of travel and bison did a great job of providing a work/life balance. I was paid fairly for my time wasted at airports or canceled flights. I was allowed to bring friends/family and sometimes pets on my work trips to make the endless weeks on the road less lonely. It was always easy booking time off, or if I needed help from HR on anything. My manager did a great job of not micro-managing me but provided support when i asked for it.the environment can be a bit "clique", I hate to say it but some people have too much time on their hands and make mountains out of molehills, but that is pretty much any office based work environment that I've ever worked in, just do your best to keep your head above it. Good benefits, awesome lunches and company give back events (when covid finally goes away), awesome Christmas party and a lot of networking opportunities. Best part, it's so big and have our hands in so much, there is endless opportunity for moving up or across.

Pros

Competitive salaries; benefits; free lunches

Cons

Clique culture; covid killed a lot of the fun stuff

Not a horrible place

There are a lot of managers that seem to have been there a long time but other than that there is a high turnover of office staff. My manager was amazing and very understanding.there are company lunches in the summer and you can usually find somewhere to relax on your breaks if you have time to take them.

Pros

Free lunches in the summer

Cons

Long hours, stressful at times

Busy hard working placs

Lots of busy days, hard to enjoy with the stress in trucking. Lots of politics inside office. No support regularly for your choices. Hard to effectively do your job with management over extending.

Pros

Summer lunch

Cons

Stressful, busy workload

Excellent work flexibility/home time!!

Good company to work for as a long-haul driver. Not perfect by any means. Communication is key when it comes to working things out. Overall good balance with work, pay and home time. Steady miles! Schedule flexibility.

Pros

Steady income, good people in dispatch/management.

Cons

Truck share

Planning and dispatching is disgraceful

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians!Seems like management and office staff tend to go on wild tangents and start crapping on the drivers and yard staff. I would suggest a new career cause you won't make any money at this place! Good Luck

Pros

Easy runs

Cons

Low morale

Jobs at Bison Transport

See more jobs

Bison Transport

Bison is a great company for driver's and owner Operator good pay nice Dispatch well management new equipment. .......................................

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Great place to work. Its hard to earn a fair living there though.

The company has tons of opportunities. They have an excellent training program. I was underpaid working for Bison Transport, but everything else you would want from a company was provided. Not everybody was underpaid. a lot of people make a great living and the culture around Bison is great! Really good people at Bison. They just need to pay a bit better.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Low wages

Productive and safe work place and excellent for getting foot in the door with the trucking industry

Its a good place to work. As well to experience what the trucking industry feels like to work in. A lot of the staff are nice and friendly. But the jobs that are being worked currently are underpaid.

Pros

Long weekends every 2 weeks

Cons

Disappointed working with this company,exploiting driver if you left the company earlier ,poor management ,hire driver for long haul but they want you to do so many pickup &drop off on the way,low pay rate canada wide,dont fall into their trap,dont hire into this company.

Excellent Training for New Drivers

Immediately after receiving my AZ license, I applied for Bison with their New Driver Program. I was called back within a couple of days to set up a road test and was hired on immediately after the test.I then began the orientation and training course which lasted about 8-10 weeks; covering in-class training, basic skills, city work and highway trips. (All paid with weekly salary)After completing the program, I was given an assigned truck of my own, 2020 Freightliner Cascade, with less than 200k on it.I’ve now been driving as a long haul driver with Bison for over 6 months and enjoy working for the company.Pros for working for Bison:- Excellent new driver program for drivers with no experience- Not forced by dispatch- Easy to communicate for any delays, ie weather, breakdown, tired, etc (never forced)- Newer trucks with excellent equipment inside, ie, satellite radio, radar sensor, etc- Great benefits- On site maintenance team- Good wage, I’m already on pace to earn over $60k in my first yearCons for working for Bison:- Trucks are limited to 100 km/h- Spend 21-24 days on the road, would be difficult for drivers with familyI guess at this stage, I don’t really have much negative things to say about Bison, but would highly recommend to new drivers who have no experience in the industry to start here.Most new drivers are worried about getting in to this industry due to negative image such as forced dispatch, low wage, extremely long hours, etc, but rest assured this company won’t push you to the limit and will put your safety ahead of anything else.

Some office staff were good

I would not recommend applying for this company. If you want low pay and lots of harassment from upper management then this is the job for you. They expect you to stay out with minimal home and family time. They do not support their drivers very well. They expect you to go into all the coronavirus hotspots and supply no pipe for your work. They do supply cloth mask but they have to be washed every day. If you get COVID 19 and have to stay at home they do not support you. If you have applied to this company I wish you good luck and if you can run don’t walk away from your application.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Lowest paying company, long days on the road, not much home time

disorganized, mistakes every day with planning, wrong addresses, vehicle issues, bad advice from dispatch, poor management

Worked here for 6 months and every day is a new disaster. Every day there is problems. Poor planning, disorganized, vehicle issues, bad advice from dispatchers, paperwork mistakes, border delays. Management isn't willing to address issues. They ignore any legitimate issue you bring to their attention and bury it. Expect 14 hr days but you will only be paid for 10-12 of them. They guilt you about taking 2 days off after a 7 day run, reminding you constantly that only 36hrs is needed for a driving hour reset. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

safety bonus

Cons

Not paid for all hours worked

Excellent culture

people who working in the office are willing to help you to solve any issues , they are friendly. the working stress came from the road conditions, weather, and time line.

Good

No layover. That fined the reload very quickly, or move empty. Loaded or empty the pay is same.thay pay border crossing, and extra pickup .safety bonus in every 3 months.

Good for beginners

They take new drivers after driving schools. Good company for beginners to start driving . New equipment. Good safety . Always need more drivers.

Good corporate culture, good helpful people

Drivers had a fair amount of support and given many tools to help them succeed. Dispatch and office were typically well educated to assist and give pointers for most issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bison Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement