Bison Transport
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Bison Transport: 177 Employee Reviews

Canada177 reviews

driverdispatcherdispatchfleetequipmentsafetytruckmile

Low pay, upper management is all politics

Useless meetings about pulling reports instead of asking drivers what they need, management that rather sit in meetings than step in and be a leader. You’ll be there 6 months and still learning things about your job. It’s a very ‘someone else will do it’ type attitude. Your coworkers will be your biggest supports, not your supervisors. Even free lunch isn’t organized this year. Lots of turnover in office staff, mostly due to wages.

Pros

Leave work at work, regular office hrs

Cons

Feel guilty for taking lunch or running an errand, unfair treatment for senior employees

Yes It was a prodactive compony.It was fun work for them

I know every station there was a very modern and clean facility. Lounge, buthrooms. At nd the was separe parking spots for the loaded traillers, an for the emty. Forethermore the dispacher really work with me.

Insights into Bison Transport

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

A revolving door

High turnover and a toxic workplace culture. Lost count of drivers and office employees who left. It's a miracle if there are only two people resigning per month. A company that has the most stuck up and poorly trained employees from management down. So disorganized and understaffed, so be prepared to do a lot of unpaid overtime if you're one of those hardworking employees. The possibility of getting a raise is a joke.

Okay place to work.

Okay place. People are friendly for the most part. Not really much home time though. There seems to be lots of work. LCV schedules are hard to get, unless you like working weekends and nights..

Nice

Nice company to work very good family culture home time good dispatcher pay on time if holidays on pay day they give you pay in advance nice equipment nice people

Fun place to be they are there for you

When I was working there they treat you like family and supported you if you needed help in anything they were there for you if you needed time off most times you got it if your truck needed repair they fixed it right away it is a great company to work for

Terrible office culture & workplace

I don't typically write such reviews but I feel obligated to tell the public about Bison Transport. Bison has the single most unprofessional office space I have ever worked in during my last decade as a dispatcher in transportation. Mix that with the highest rate of turnover I have ever witnessed and that gives you a pretty good idea of what working at Bison Mississauga office is like. In my time there I saw so many people come and go because their training is atrocious and their expectations are simply put unrealistic. They constantly accept an impossible number of customers with more orders than they know how to juggle which further adds to their rate of turnover particularly in their cs department. Working there you will experience a shameless amount of politics. Supervisors and managers alike will maintain a heavy – I’d even say excessive amount of micromanagement with employees they are neutral toward or don't care for while playing favorites with those who are friends outside of work. I mean they’ll time you on how long you take to make coffee and bring it up during performance reviews with a straight face while their friends can show up 30 mins late regularly and laugh it up with them– I’m not making this up. These people run their office environment like a high school and yet these supervisors and managers are in their 40s and 50s. If you plan to apply here and take the job do so at your own expense and think twice about why Bison is constantly hiring. Probably a good sign that they don’t know how to retain their employees.

Pros

nice facility - extremely clean - nice lunch area

Cons

-too many to list but ill add a few, unrealistic expectations for provided salary, toxic work culture, extreme politics, no room for growth

Good company

Fun place to work, long haul you don't get a lot of home time but that is the part of the game, safety is paramount and equipment is kept in goid shape

Experience running us and canada

At the time there were very few of us company drivers in Saskatoon but we were like a family. I applied for a dedicated California run but I was turned down. My dispatcher found a way to get me the same run unofficially lol. Good times, home every week and we played alot of golf on the way to California and back! I wish I had stayed there problems but what job doesn't!

People-Driven culture

Solid stepping stone for a career in supply chain and logistics. It's a large enough company, where's there room for horizontal transfers as well as opportunities for promotion as well. Work can be overwhelming, but everyone is very supportive.

Wages are quite less as compared to other good companies

Management doesnt care about drivers they just try to get their job doneSpecially calgary terminal the management is rude and doesnt follow company policieswinnipeg terminal is a good place to work at! people working there do work in a professional way according to company policies. But recently this company has become cheap, they dont pay well

Pros

schedule work

Cons

long hours hard job company profits are way more prioritised than a drivers family life

Great place to work if you're single and don't have much of a social life

the have pretty good pay if you want to do across the border work, but if you want to be home often expect to work 14 plus hours a day and get paid no over-time. staff and management are amazing and will bend over backwards to help you.

Fun workplace

Fun workplace, collaborative, management is very good and supportive. Free lunches in summers. Very fast paced and can be stressful sometimes. Overall a good place to work.

Meat Grinder

Turnover of staff is extreme except in the management. You can't walk more than 10 feet without running into a team lead, supervisor, manager, senior manager, director, senior director, VP or President. People have gone years and years without raises. You will be sold on what a great culture they have but that's just marketing. Looks great on letterhead not so much at the bank when you ask if culture pays your bills.

Pros

The day you leave, you have zero regrets.

Cons

The day you're hired, you don't know what a terrible choice you've made.

Not enough hrs but good equipment

Trucks are new but not cleaned and not getting enough hours,dispatch gives you so hard time .No fixed start time and safety department always calls you,pay is not that good.

Professional Organization - Seeking Business Results in a Family Environment

Great organization that cares about the members of its team.Always seeking feedback to try to make improvements.Very community oriented.Safety is never compromised in any decision that is made.

Not a great place to be employed

Bison was once a great place to work before they became as big as they are today - always felt good about being there until they outgrew that personality. Their true colors really show if you get hurt on the job and WCB gets involved, then watch how quickly their backs turn on you. My advice - stay away

Pros

Cons

Everything as far as management is concerned

Good place to get experience and leave

Great perks like free lunches and coffee/tea; salary is laughable unless you are part of the “good ol’ boys club”, no repercussions if a driver yells at you or calls you every inappropriate colourful word.Company pays at least $10k LESS THAN competitors, using the excuse that they have the “best corporate culture”. Best thing to do is get your experience and leave within the year and get the pay you deserve.

Pros

Occasional free lunches, free coffee

Cons

Anyone in a Supervisor or higher position generally treat you like you’re less than nothing

Very good place to get your foot in the trucking industry

Overal good company to work for that being said there are people who will feel because your in a low level positon that they can walk all over you along with management who dont care either

Pros

Free lunches some days Free coffee, tea in break room

Cons

Long shifts, monotonous tasks

Highly collaborative team and results-driven environment

It's a great place to work with amazing and supportive team members; you are never alone if you are faced with any challenge. I love that I can work from home especially during this unprecedented time.

Pros

Collaborative and fun team members

Cons

Salary can be improved upon

not the best place to learn if your going for you're 310T,

If you're going to for you're 310t licensed this is not the place to be, well if you wanna be a lube tech it's the place for you. They say no short cuts but there are alot of short cuts pulled which some were safety issue. Management worrying about putting money in there pocket more then Fixing Or giving techs the proper raise that they deserve. end of the day the only thing good is working four days. Rather then that if you wanna learn there are better and with better pay

Pros

Work four days

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bison Transport. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement