BISON SOLUTIONS LTD.
Here to help
Coronavirus update

BISON SOLUTIONS LTD. Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews
I’ve been with Bison Solutions for only few weeks and we got back from BC job yesterday. For a short time I could tell that they try to do their best in all they do.
Extremely disorganized, dishonest, and disgusted to be operational but really a company going out of business. They don’t pay their workers or vendors.
Cons
Won’t get paid
Almost no work at all. For what work you get, you won’t be paid for it, and they’ll go great lengths to try to hide this from the public. The owner is extremely unstable and dangerous as well
Cons
Dangerous, won’t get paid
You’ll have a brief period of work and then be out of work. They also do not pay many of their workers and actively try to hide this from the public. The owner has his mom have a go at payroll but she has no idea what she is doing.
Pros
Easy in
Cons
Won’t get paid, no work
The place is ran like they have almost no regard for the safety, feelings, or care for their workers. Many are unpaid, treated poorly, and hardly stay working. The owners have little regard for the practices and laws of Canada. Turnover is through the roof and there are former employees who have not been paid for over a year. They also are not competent nor licensed in their so "cleaning" services.
The owners have serious instability and emotional issues, and are unsafe and unfit to be operating a business. Many, many workers and vendors are not paid for their work. The work itself is almost non-existent, as clients have had bad experiences and do not want their workers on their work sites after a while.

There are multiple governing agencies investigating them since June 2019, such as CRA, RCMP, and OH&S. However, they will actively deny and go to great pains to hide from the public from what they do.

Work for them or render business with them, at your own risk.
Bison Solutions Ltd is a great place to work. Like any company that goes through massive growth in a short period of time, there will be challenges; like culture shift, obfuscation of vision at different levels of management and inconsistent planning.

I think they will have a tough time after Covid19, but they might survive.
Bison Solutions has been treating me with respect and helped me when I could not find a job. They got slow for a couple of months, but we are getting busy again.
I was disappointed, and wanted to get back to Ontario until I found this company. Great company with the best safety culture. It’s a friendly environment as so far I’m happy.
work in Bison you have to be discipline, kind and hard worker
Pros
Always training before go at work
Cons
They treat theirs employees as friend
The boss is high strung. He calls and demands you go out to work the next day. There's no schedule at all. And your lucky to get paid on time. Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Yesterday we finished high pressure training, and today I was sent to get my safety tickets. I would recommend this company without hesitation.they are a friendly family oriented company.
Pros
Free lunches
The oil sands environment is different than others. The respect of the safety procedure is strict and priority. Some employees need more training of the site's policies to keep themselves professional and respectful between colleagues.
You will fight and fight trying to get missing wages and a ROE. Not to mention you won't stay busy very long because clients are becoming more and more aware of what they do to people . They sell D&A tests but it is questionable whether the people actually passed or not, so on the bright side, don't worry about passing.
There are problems with almost every payroll run. They fly people from the other side of the country in promising them lots of work. But many of them end up sitting here with little to no actual work. Then they will sometimes not pay them while billing them out. There are also very questionable people who stick around with them who cant find work elsewhere . stay away
It's been about 6 months and still haven't been paid . They have a very very long list of workers they have not paid and they proudly do it to stay in business . They bill their work out to some other service companies while not paying for all the people doing the work. This is how they stay in business despite the downturn . The owners and manager play victim like they are new to the country and people are trying to always bring them down but people are just speaking the truth. You will go months without work too as the clients even have had bad experiences and don't want trouble. They also are in hot water with CRA because of claiming they do not have unpaid workers when they in fact do, and claiming those as real expenses when they were not. Also they hire people without remitting their payroll deductions and that has not been going well with CRA either. Stay far away if you don't wana get in trouble.
typical day would be to service customer needs in regards to industrial cleaning , oil and gas.
Although times are tougher right now, this company's Management is considerably helpful when approached. It is a great place to work, with a friendly and professional staff and management.
I highly recommend Bison Solutions as an excellent employer who greatly takes care of their people . A lot of potential to make great money. Excellent starting wage - hard to compete with. Provides great leadership skills.
Very nice people. Good team work. They’re growing as a family and it was one of the best work places that I’ve worked for. I had a great training there and got an offer from another company and I accepted the offer.
Horrible horrible place. The owners run the place like a sweat shop and they have little to no regard for the ways and laws of Canada. They don't pay many of their workers and can hardly keep them working. On the bright side you don't have to worry about passing your drug test because they fake most of the drug tests they sell to the clients anyway.
Far from an actual job. You will go weeks if not months without work. The boss sketches you out just looking at him. They also don't like to pay a lot of their workers. Payroll is clueless and word was that she was fired from another job. You also will have to fight for your ROE and they haven't been paying their taxes either. Very very dangerous path to go down.

The workplace is like a high school drama soap opera. Management cares so much about what you say about them or what you think of them. This more so than actually growing their business.