BIS Training Solutions

BIS Training Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
They have some really decent employees and good potential with their product. Salary and benefits are average and they do lunch events. But as a company, I don't think the ownership and management know how to treat people. They're very fake to try and maintain an image and use a more backhanded approach that you won't see coming. This caused me a lot of anxiety and overall I would not recommend.
I also didn't like the very open concept office. It reduces focus when you're able to overhear a bunch of other departments.
Pros
Benefits, Monthly lunches, Decent regular employees
Cons
Bad ownership, Lack of compassion
The owners are arrogant and don't seem to care for their employees. Make you feel stupid instead of teaching. Don't trust their employees, always watching over your shoulder.
BIS Training Solutions has an exciting and inviting atmosphere and allows for an incredible amount of professional growth. If you ever read the stories of some of the fast-growing start-up tech companies, BIS definitely feels like the kind of company that could follow the same trajectory.

BIS Training Solutions is a safety software company that has been growing steadily, and over the past two years has expanded its team by roughly double, and I was lucky enough to be added to the team during this rapid growth.

The leadership team is extremely committed to creating a great place for their team members to work. They have carefully hired people that fit into the company culture of humility, integrity, and putting clients ahead of everything else. Learning and professional development are not only encouraged but also a priority. Mistakes are not punished and are instead opportunities to learn and do better in the future.

Many companies have HR policies that they run their staff through but are quickly forgotten shortly after you are hired, but at BIS you can really see the commitment to making the company a healthy work environment all throughout the organization. The leadership team is very open to candid discussions and responds well to feedback.

BIS has been the best place I have worked in my professional career and it is quite a thrill to look at what is in the works for this company in the near future. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone who enjoys stimulating work, has a strong sense of ethics, and someone who enjoys collaborating and helping
 - more...
I think the biggest plus side to this company is that they stand by training not only the clients but their staff. They really do strive to be effective and develop the skills of their employees in an uplifting way. I think it's important that any candidates interested in joining BIS understand that you're not only joining a team but a family.

I highly suggest people look into BIS as a place to work since they set a high standard for themselves and have a foundation of innovative, hard-working individuals. The team is quite diverse and constantly has ideas and opinions to better the software and the entire team. There is still the need to clarify the culture, but it is something that I see everyone working towards.
I have been employed with BIS Training Solutions for more than a year and it is been one of the most stimulating and rewarding experiences of my career. The company has a close-knit culture and gives high importance to team member development and collaborative growth. Management is very supportive and the team members are all a joy to work with. Management does a great job of portraying the goals of the organization and showing how your efforts contribute to those goals. Employee concerns are taken very seriously and every voice is always heard.
I am working with BIS for a number of years and the growth of company is exceptional.

You have the freedom to take your own decisions and management is very cooperative. Never felt like I was ever under any kind of pressure while working here. Owners of the company go above and beyond to fulfill team members requests. I am getting all the training regularly to improve my professional skills.

I would recommend all skilled professionals to BIS.
BIS training solutions is a great company to work for. The software itself is a very robust and dynamic tool but what really sets this company ahead of the rest is its team. There is a great focus on teamwork and collaboration. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts, ideas and be engaged in the growth and development of the business. The positivity and friendliness that radiates form the employees naturally carries over to the clients, users and business partners of BIS. A great deal of focus and effort has been placed on creating a productive and dynamic team. There is always something new to learn and personal growth is something that is emphasized and encouraged. Each day is different and there is never a dull moment. The team is one of the best I have ever worked with.
After working at BIS Training Solutions for the past two years, I can confidently say this is one of the best places I have ever worked at. Lots of positive changes and improvements have developed in the past two short years. Many great changes that have favored the company, its employees and customers.

The team is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Everyone is willing to lend a hand and make you feel like part of the team. The workplace culture is great. The work environment is relaxed, collaborative and productive. The hours are flexible. And the office celebrations are fun.

The company owners offer support and show lots of care for their employees. They always treat you with respect and take your input into consideration. This makes you feel valued and an asset to the team. They are approachable and understanding. And they continuously strive to provide great leadership to the team. The constant hard work they put into the company is admirable and there is a great appreciation towards them and the company.

BIS is a professional, innovative company, always growing and looking towards the future. There is great opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills and branch out within the company. The company is customer focused and is always finding ways to better itself and benefit its clients. The company succeeds with its cutting edge products and services.

The customer experience and technical support roles provide a challenging, fast paced work environment which will test your troubleshooting skills and abilities to muli-task. There is plenty of opportunity
 - more...
Pros
Great leadership and team, Lots of opportunity to grow and develop skills, Professional and fast paced work environment.
BIS is a place where the leadership fosters an environment of success. The team is loaded with vibrant people who excel at what they do and aren't afraid to have fun doing it.
Pros
Professional and fast paced, oppertunity to interact with business of all types, Leadership gives the freedom and flexibility to get the job done in the best way possible.
Since I started with BIS Training, I was welcomed with open arms not only by Management but by everyone in the company. The Management group not only cares about your work, but you as an individual. They encourage career growth and offer you the opportunity to take training that will better yourself as an individual and your role within the company. They brought in an external consultant for a personal growth seminar to work with the entire team. The company does little things like have a monthly lunch brought into the office to celebrate birthdays and company anniversaries, I have never in my 20 year career experienced that. I also realized that the average person has been their 5+ years which blew me away as that is unheard of in today’s corporate culture. Great place to work and more importantly great people!
Pros
Great Management, Monthly work celebrations, on going Training both internal and external
Cons
No cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BIS Training Solutions?
I have been working with the BIS team for a number of years and the growth of the company is exceptional. Many of the existing customers are recommending BIS to other companies based on our software and our service being exceptional.

It's incredible to see the change that has happened in the recent years.

The overall team is exceptional. Each year we seem to be adding on many many new team members and they are all amazing people and they are great to work with. Each of the BIS team members seems to be extremely smart, talented and very humble. Everyone there is willing to jump in an help anyone else out when they need help. We recently launched a new eCommerce store interface and it seemed liked everyone jumped into help. Then we launched a new accounting software and team members from customer experience started working in the accounting area to help. It's a very collaborative environment.

BIS is still a small company but it's growing at an exceptional rate, even though they have no marketing and very little advertising. It's a very exciting place to work and it will be amazing to see where it goes in the next 5 years.
Pros
collaborative, family atmosphere, great people to work with and a very exciting future
Cons
No advertising or marketing
Great company! A great work environment.

They had realistic expectations. I worked with a great team. They truly believe in having their employees succeed and provide additional training if needed.They understood work-life balance and allowed sufficient time to complete projects.

They work hard but also know how to have fun. Most everyone is pretty helpful in helping you when you have questions. It's a great place to work!

Management is good about leaving people alone and letting them do their jobs without micromanagement. However, if you have questions that need answered the response time is very quick. Monday morning team meetings ensure proper communication across the company. It's a fast paced environment so you need to listen and learn constantly to keep up with the positive changes being made.

Benefits are good. Management also did an excellent job providing clear instructions and on boarding to new employees.

They treat you always with dignity and respect and I got out of the job what I put into it.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarded business development role, I recommend BIS.
Pros
Team Events
Cons
Need to be able to multi task
21 January 2019
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at BIS. We strive to encourage a positive work life balance, constructive team support, and worker autonomy.
Pros
- Amazing culture and an amazing network of people willing to help and teach you

- Insightful and helpful peers or associates makes your time at the company more interesting and progressive

- Relaxed and productive atmosphere

- The owners in the organization care about the employees

- Flexible work structure (start/end time, work on weekends)

- Pay is pretty decent for an entry-level position

- Small company, has more of a family feel to it

- Weekly meetings with other employees since communication is always something that is trying to be improved on

- Always made to feel that you are a part of the structure and have the immediate support of your peers and management

- Exciting to be a part of something that could disrupt an industry, and working to make something grow to new heights is empowering

- Positive reinforcement is being provided to employees more

- Fun aspects incorporated into the office, things like birthday celebrations, anniversary lunches, and fun team outings

- Employees keep things in perspective, have fun, and laugh

- Employees are not afraid to suggest ideas to improve the work processes, thus benefiting everyone in the organization in return

Cons

- There is a lot of information but it still needs to be organized in a way that is easy to find and access

- In a state on constant change. The desire to be innovative can be too disruptive and moves to fast

- The owners don’t have a clear vision of where the company needs to go to continue being successful

- The company needs to ensure that they have
 - more...
21 January 2019
Thank you for your considerate and detailed review. At BIS we continually strive to create a fun, challenging, inclusive and open work environment. We are committed to addressing situations and issues that may arise within a fast growing company and we appreciate your input and overall recommendations.
Hands down, BIS is the best company I have ever worked for. I joined the team as employee number 3 in a sales support position when the company had a handful of clients and was still trying to find its niche. Since then, the team has grown to 15 hard-working employees providing industry-leading health and safety technology solutions to thousands of companies around the world.

A typical work day at BIS is fast-paced, collaborative, and exciting. Although the company is almost 13 years old, it has the atmosphere of a start-up. There is an almost palpable air of excitement and anticipation as momentum builds between every milestone and achievement. This makes BIS an ideal place to work for someone who wants to get in at the ground-floor and make a lasting mark.

The management style at BIS is performance & feedback driven, growth-oriented, and flexible. Time and time again, they have demonstrated a willingness to invest in staff, providing the support and resources necessary to ensure team members occupy the position best suited for their strengths, interests and career goals.

BIS is a great place to work for solutions-oriented self-starters that excel in fast-paced environments, and possess a willingness to meet challenges by working collaboratively with a tight knit team. If this sounds like you, you too might find employment at BIS to be challenging, rewarding, and full of opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Great Team, Excellent Management, Great Compensation, Fun place to work, great team building events and outings
Cons
Challenging work, Very little corporate structure/hierarchy
19 November 2018
Thank you for your positive feedback. We pride ourselves on our great team, great culture and innovative solutions and we are excited about our continued growth and company development.
It's all about "the fit" here.

But eventually, either you'll get disgusted at the overbearing, over-controlling management and run screaming for the exit or they'll find a trumped up reason to get rid of you.

Think I'm joking? Over half the company has left and replacements hired within a year. And there are only around 15 people there to begin with. You literally hear the Darth Vader theme begin playing in the background when the owner arrives every day.

It's sad that such a great product is owned by such a mis-managed company.
19 November 2018
We are very sorry to hear you feel this way. We genuinely care about our team, and have taken steps to encourage employee autonomy and promote long-term retention.
The staff has a younger demographic which is great as the company is based around a rapid development schedule, and keeping up is key to the business. It's a fast paced, all out type of environment that keeps you on your toes.

As the company is growing quickly, you will be pushed outside your comfort zone but with fantastic team members in place you can ask questions and bounce ideas off of everyone for support. This really pushes growth on an individual level when you are open to learn.

There is definitely a need for flexibility and personal time management/prioritization as tasks come through at a high rate and you are expected to make individualized decisions about your workflow, but the time flies by and you definitely feel accomplished at the end of the day.

The workplace culture is great, we have fun and work hard and there are many team building activities to join in on. Staff are friendly, helpful, and friendships often extend out of work hours.

The management are open to feedback and I have personally voiced many issues/concerns with them in the past and had them addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion. Feedback is a two way street in the office and they ask for honesty and clarity just as they give it to staff. I feel no hesitation giving feedback and do so without fear of negative consequences. The business works best when we all critically think about decisions and work to find the best overall solution, and it's a principle we have built on. In the past they may have not seemed as open to this feedback but present-day criticisms of management
 - more...
Pros
Great Co-workers, Great Culture, Learning Environment, Collaborative
Cons
Must receive critical feedback well, Must be able to multi-task
19 November 2018
Thank your for your thoughtful review. We appreciate the consideration given in your feedback regarding our culture and work environment as well as your suggestions for potential improvements.
It honestly pains me to write this review as this company has the ability to be one of the best places to work I have ever seen, but the shortfalls make if one of the worst.

BIS has a built a great product and it was easily marketable. There are many great opportunities to grow the business and the clients loved the services we delivered. I had the pleasure of working with some of the best coworkers I have ever had. Unfortunately these are brilliant minds with skills that are wasted here.

All the culture falls apart at the ownership level. This is a very small 'mom and pop' business. The owners are at a point in their growth where they need to start utilizing the skills of the team they have in place, delegating more control of the day-to-day activities, and using the experience of the team in place to grow upon their ideas. They preach culture, and a flat organizational hierarchy with no job titles to try to bring everyone together collaboratively with models influenced by other organizations in the tech industry.

In practice they treat their team like assistants, with little to no autonomy, or opportunity to bring feedback to the table. Positive or negative. If your skills, attitude, personality, feedback, or suggestions do not match the owners vision perfectly you will be seen as negative and terminated without cause in short order. In less than a year I witnessed the company turn over 10 employees. There was only 12 full time employees at most. The attitude of the owners is to 'roll the dice' and 'see where they land' with minimal onboarding and delegation. This
 - more...
Pros
Amazing team of coworkers. Flexible schedule. Team building events.
Cons
Brutal micromanagement. Zero job security.
15 November 2018
Thank you for the feedback and kind words regarding our product and its marketability, the level of client satisfaction achieved via the service we deliver, the company’s many growth opportunities, and last, but in no way least, our incredible team members.

We are very sorry to learn how you felt during your time with us. We have made and continue to make improvements to develop our management strategy through a variety of means including encouraging open communication and constructive feedback from our team. As a company, we are discussing and addressing concerns in an open and collaborative environment and are implementing measures to ensure employee autonomy, creativity, job security, openness and feedback.
I was hired as a project manager, given all these promises of being a good job. Helped them with a major project that they had a deadline for and when it was over, they let me go. They made up excuses for why they had to let me know. The company wants to grow bigger but the management is not ready for that. They are so used to being a small business, they are not letting anyone help us help.
I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a stable, reliable job.
Pros
Decent salary and hours
Cons
Control freak management
19 November 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We take your concerns very seriously, and we appreciate your comments as they help us in our continual effort to grow and improve our organization.
We apologize for your negative experience during your time with the company. We have made and are continuing to make advancements to develop our management strategy and team to ensure our employees feel secure and well supported in their job tasks.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIS Training Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
BIS Training Solutions Reviews by Location