BIS Safety Software

Working at BIS Safety Software: 36 BIS Safety Software Reviews

Canada36 reviews

The dream job!

Working at BIS has truly been my dream job. I came with little experience in the field, and with the support of the team, they have helped me grow so much both personally and professionally. I work with the most amazingly talented people who will help out where ever they are needed. The team is truly what makes BIS such an amazing work environment. I am thankful everyday to work at BIS and wake up everyday excited to go to work.

Friendly culture and growth-oriented mindset

It’s been great six months as a software developer at BIS. The company culture is collaborative, and they provide a lot of tools and support for your success. During the first couple of months, there is a lot of training to familiarize yourself with the software application. The technology team is enormously helpful and open to answering questions, as well as open to new ideas. The tech team lead and senior developers are approachable and incredibly helpful. You will learn new technologies along the learning curve in the role. You are valued as a part of a team and appreciated for your work. Team leads are fantastic and considerate of your well-being while maintaining high standards for work. Overall, the company provides many professional and personal growth opportunities while maintaining an excellent work environment. Management encourages an approachable, positive, and friendly culture that values the input from every team member. I feel fortunate to work with people motivated to drive the company towards success in the ever-growing technology industry. If you want to become a part of a team led by innovative management, BIS is the place to be.

Pros

Positive work place, Growth-oriented mindset, Flexible

Insights into BIS Safety Software

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Growing and dynamic company

My time with BIS has been great so far. When I was looking for a new job, I was looking for a dynamic company that had a lot of growth opportunities, and I’m really excited to have found a home here. No matter what role you have with the company, you are made to feel like you play an important role its success - at least, that’s been my experience with my role. When I have ideas and opinions on how to improve things or make the company better, my voice and opinions are listened to by leadership.The team is a group of awesome and intelligent people, happy to give their best every day and are a delight to work with. Being a member of the BIS family is an incredible feeling.I can’t say enough good things about my experience so far. If you want to be part of the evolution of a great company and its product, BIS is the place to be.

Challenging, rewarding

BIS isn't your ordinary work environment,The company is in an exciting stage of growth that is full of opportunities for folks with the right mindset. The work is both rewarding and meaningful, helping people come home safe to their families, and providing software solutions to help businesses become more efficient.Unlike other software companies, BIS see's their customers as partners. Through their feedback, the software has grown and changed over time - this comes from a mindset of being invested in the success of their partners, rather than the success of the software.The organizational health and structure is strong here. Everyone is seen as a peer, having valuable ideas to offer regardless of position or experience. BIS believes in a servant leadership approach, flipping the traditional hierarchical structure on its head. Leadership and management roll their sleeves up and work on the floor with the team, guiding, supporting, and directing. It's not uncommon to see leadership cover tech support calls while the rest of the team does group learning and skill up sessions.If you need to solve a problem, you aren't bogged down by typical, over restrictive, bureaucratic communication practices - you are encouraged to go speak with anyone you need, from any department - and this includes the CEO. Open communication, candid conversation, and transparency are highly valued. Don't get in the way of these things.Problems are framed as opportunities, and the team is empowered to create their own solutions. This collaborative environment is focused on finding the best ideas -

Pros

Growth minded, Positive work place, Amazing people, Flexible

Great company

I have been with the company for over two months. Training program was great, everybody is very patient with new employee. Management is open minded on new ideas. Team members work together very well. Best part is company has a positive spirit on things we do. A lot of amazing co-workers.

Productive workplace with a friendly atmosphere

A good workplace to learn and grow with. The company is at a point where it is growing but the owner is making sure that the core values stay relevant across the company. They are very big on team work, communication and collaboration. Healthy work environment, with friendly and helpful management. Bit of a learning curve as you are learning in-house software but the team is very helpful and supportive, you just need to be pro-active about it.

Pros

Good HR Team, team building activities, open office space, great people

Cons

Learning curve

Rewarding and Pleasant Place to Work

BIS is a great place to work. They really care about their employees, and so they want them to succeed in their roles. Everyday I am learning something new from my peers. They have created an atmosphere of open communication with their employees, where they would listen to the feedback you want to give them. The biggest reason I love working here is that I always feel that my work has amounted to something.

Remote Opportunities, Supportive Team & Room for Growth

I have been with BIS for a while now and have found my experience there to be wonderful so far. I had very much experience in client nurture but not much in the technology world prior to joining the team. Every one of my team members along with leadership has been nothing short of fantastic for helping me learn the ropes. I secured a remote position from Ontario (they're stationed in Alberta) and there wasn't any delay in getting me my work equipment to start on day one. BIS supplied me with all the tools and programs I needed for success and are very open to teaching the way you learn best. I am able to structure my day with multiple different tasks to keep things from ever feeling stale. The company itself is in a growth period so opportunity for career growth seems to be limitless.

A great place to learn, grow, and succeed.

Great place to work! I have been a part of this company for a little less than an year and have loved every bit of it! The entire team is very supportive and encourages you to keep learning new technologies and skills. Also, they are very open to new ideas and you always have space and an opportunity to make a big impact on the organization which is awesome! What I love about the most is that it never gets boring as you are always working on diverse interesting projects. If you are willing to work hard, BIS will support you in your career journey.

Pros

Opportunities, Great team, Cool projects, Good work is acknowledged and Benefits

Great culture, great company to work for

I’ve been with BIS Safety Software for a few months, and so far it has been a fantastic place to work! My overall experience has been great – the orientation was thorough, my co-workers have been amazing, and the culture has been a breath of fresh air. I had done my homework before joining, and read through all the reviews (good and bad). I can’t speak to the bad ones…my experience has been nothing like those. I have found the leadership to be incredibly open, caring and forward thinking. Have a problem? Simply reach out and talk to them. So far, I’ve been impressed with how the team members are treated and respected, how differing opinions are valued and discussion is encouraged, and how personal growth is supported. I’m enjoying working for a tech company in a growing industry, with exciting opportunities on the horizon. And speaking with clients – it’s a product that they love as well (which is important to me).But my favourite thing so far is the staff that I get to work with. Everyone at BIS I’ve interacted with has been wonderful. When something comes up or when someone needs help, the support and teamwork has been impressive. It’s been a great fit for me.

Pros

Great team members, flexible hours, open communication, forward thinking

Goal Orientated with clear vision of future growth!

Working at BIS has been very rewarding. I have not worked with a company that actively shares its vision to all its employees. As a result i feel that empowers the employee to be of service to facilitate the means to achieve that vision. The management will support you and guide you to contribute to the best of your ability. If you want have a sense of accomplishment and meaningful work balance this company will reward your efforts. Best company I have had the pleasure to be a part of.

Pros

Clear vision and communication.

Great workplace with opportunity for growth

BIS has been an amazing company to work for and learn about the software industry. I had no prior experience in the industry and I was given the time and support to develop my skills and knowledge in this field. I like that my work days are autonomous and I am able to spend the day focusing on what I believe will make me successful. I enjoy talking to new customers and integrating our software into their business.The management and ownership team are always available to help and provide feedback. The company has a very open culture and I feel comfortable asking for help from any department. I value that I learn something new everyday and have a lot of fun with a great group of folks.

Pros

Training, travel, positive and open work environment

Amazing company culture and unlimited growth potential!

BIS is the best company I've ever had the pleasure of working for. Not only does it have an amazing culture and work-life balance, but the entire team is so welcoming and supportive. BIS prides itself on caring for their employees and it truly shows. The CEO, owners, and management are friendly, supportive, and demonstrate an undeniable willingness to invest in their staff. The atmosphere is extremely productive, but relaxed and trusting at the same time. Management puts trust in their employees to do their job successfully without micromanaging, while still offering assistance when needed. They never fail to congratulate and recognize employees for a job well done, anniversaries, birthdays, or kudos'. BIS is an innovative company with a game changing software. The opportunity for growth is endless and I see a very long, successful career at BIS.

Manipulative management

BIS boasts a work culture that thrives on open communication and supportive leadership. In reality, the management has proven to be two-faced and incapable of transparency with their employees. A toxic work place. I will be leaving as soon as I can find another job

Worst leadership

Terrible leadership at the top. All talk. Fake. Cold. Gossipy. Owners have zero idea how to manage or build trust among staff. Don’t waste your time.

Cons

Salary, benefits, leadership

Fantastic Workplace

The team culture is amazing and the company drives innovation. You are encouraged to speak your mind and discuss your ideas amongst your team members. The leadership team is very understanding and accommodating, they go to great lengths to help you succeed and ensure you can accomplish your work.

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, opportunities for advancement w/o formal education, inclusive environment

Great Software. Amazing Team.

The team that BIS has cultivated is nothing short of amazing. It is wonderfully refreshing to work with such an amazing company and crew.To me, the most remarkable aspect of working at BIS is the leadership team's focus on supporting you, as a team member: you're not there to work for them, they are there to support you.As for the negative comments? I'm flabbergasted...It's as if they commented for the wrong company.Anyway, I like to keep this analogy in mind when considering negative comments or attitudes that someone has toward a former employer:When you want a doctor's opinion, do you ask a doctor who graduated and is practising medicine? Or, do you ask someone who dropped out of med school?

Pros

Leadership Team, Actual Open-Door Policy, Work Anniversary Lunches, Challenging, Rewarding

An Interactive, Fast Paced Work Environment

BIS is a great team of work working individuals with strong organizational culture. There are no wrong questions, only learning opportunities. The days are never dull as the company is always looking for ways to improve its system. I started with little experience in the industry and have grown immensely in the short amount of time I have been employed with BIS. I am very fortunate to be part of such a great team and would highly recommend BIS.

Pros

Free lunches, great team, collaborative, supportive management, strong employee relations

Bad Ownership/Management

They have some really decent employees and good potential with their product. Salary and benefits are average and they do lunch events. But as a company, I don't think the ownership and management know how to treat people. They're very fake to try and maintain an image and use a more backhanded approach that you won't see coming. This caused me a lot of anxiety and overall I would not recommend. I also didn't like the very open concept office. It reduces focus when you're able to overhear a bunch of other departments.

Pros

Benefits, Monthly lunches, Decent regular employees

Cons

Bad ownership, Lack of compassion

Official response from BIS Safety Software

15 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our amazing team members and our ever-advancing software that are the backbone of our company. At BIS, a large part of our company culture is focused on honest and open communication. We value all team member’s feedback and strive to better ourselves based on it. This focus on open and candid communication is one that has been driven by the owners of the company. They are continually seeking feedback to better themselves and the company. I have seen firsthand many examples of open dialogue with the owners and how feedback has been used to alter best practices and resolve misunderstandings. Team members are encouraged to bring ideas, criticism, and feelings forward so they can be talked though; ensuring everyone has an opportunity to feel heard. I am sad to hear that this was not your experience. Our open concept office, while intentional to foster open communication and collaboration, is understandably not an ideal work environment for everyone. We hope you have found a workplace that provides you with everything you are looking for.

Poor ownership

The owners are arrogant and don't seem to care for their employees. Make you feel stupid instead of teaching. Don't trust their employees, always watching over your shoulder.

Official response from BIS Safety Software

15 January 2021
It is unfortunate to hear this is how you felt during your time with us. We purposefully act to pass along collective knowledge and experience gained by our founders and long-term team members to those team members just starting out with our company or who have only been with our company for a short period of time. This not only allows new team members to benefit from and build upon this collective pool of shared knowledge and experience rather than starting from scratch, but it also helps ensure we are all on the same page so we can continually improve our practices and processes. Our company places great value on open and candid communication. If something is on someone’s mind, we encourage a conversation to be had so that it can be discussed and resolved. We have found these conversations to be extremely valuable in testing and clarifying assumptions and intentions leading to very positive outcomes, including the ability for our team members to use their earned vacation after three months of employment, choose their own start times, bank time to use when they want it, and have access to flex days to be used based on our individual team members’ needs.

Stimulating, Collaborative, and Transparent Company

BIS Training Solutions has an exciting and inviting atmosphere and allows for an incredible amount of professional growth. If you ever read the stories of some of the fast-growing start-up tech companies, BIS definitely feels like the kind of company that could follow the same trajectory. BIS Training Solutions is a safety software company that has been growing steadily, and over the past two years has expanded its team by roughly double, and I was lucky enough to be added to the team during this rapid growth. The leadership team is extremely committed to creating a great place for their team members to work. They have carefully hired people that fit into the company culture of humility, integrity, and putting clients ahead of everything else. Learning and professional development are not only encouraged but also a priority. Mistakes are not punished and are instead opportunities to learn and do better in the future. Many companies have HR policies that they run their staff through but are quickly forgotten shortly after you are hired, but at BIS you can really see the commitment to making the company a healthy work environment all throughout the organization. The leadership team is very open to candid discussions and responds well to feedback. BIS has been the best place I have worked in my professional career and it is quite a thrill to look at what is in the works for this company in the near future. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone who enjoys stimulating work, has a strong sense of ethics, and someone who enjoys collaborating and helping -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIS Safety Software. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement