BioScript Solutions

BioScript Solutions Management reviews

Canada17 reviews
Working as a pharmacist in this organization is absolutely wonderful. The learning curve is steep but management as well as co-workers are readily available to help as needed. There is also online resources to help to make the learning process easier.
During the pandemic the organization made many resources available to help staff during this stressful period.

The atmosphere is more laid back than retail pharmacy which I absolutely love.
Pros
Always learning new and exciting things
30 June 2020
Thank you for your review. The Pandemic was challenging for most organizations, and I hope that our weekly town hall meetings with the Co-founders helped, and still continue to do so.
This is truly one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Local pharmacy leader is absolutely incompetent, a typical bully who is rarely around and even more rarely able to provide direction. HR does not address issues raised by staff and does one better by actually getting rid of excellent leaders who actually care about their staff. Senior management at BioScript is even more laughable. It's a collection of old college buddies who seem more interested in drinking and getting stoned than actually taking care of the business. This is one incredibly dysfunctional company. Workload is historically out of control, leadership is absent or terrible and the company culture is a disaster. The moves this company made during the pandemic were devoid of thought and seemed to heavily favour some staff and not others. Staff were put in danger during this time but rest assured the managers and senior managers were all tucked away safely in their homes. Being unemployed would literally be better/safer than working for this company. Run if anyone approaches you for a job here.
Pros
Above average compensation
Cons
Terrible workload, insecure and dangerous working environment, terrible leadership top to bottom
22 June 2020
We are sorry to hear that your current experience with BioScript Solutions does not match our intention of being an employer of choice. Our team is committed to learning from our experiences, which is why feedback like this is important to the success of our organization. We would really appreciate hearing more about your specific situation so we can address your concerns appropriately, please reach out directly to Erika Gallant at egallant@bioscript.ca.
Not worth it the change. Poor management and no job security. No communication and you will work your butt off to get nowhere. Lots of friendly people that work there but take it with a grain of salt
30 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I hope you took some time to complete an Exit Interview so that we can better understand, and learn from your feedback. Our goal is to continue to be an Employee Recommended Workplace, and so your feedback is valuable to us.
I've been with BioScript, out of Home Office, for almost two years and feel like overall the company is a great place to work. I was promoted into Management after my first year. I have been given opportunity to grow and be a part of the overall company mission. Everyone is very friendly, the owners are kind people who truly care. The business is patient focused, and is true to that.
30 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Being an Employee Recommended Workplace is important to us, and so I'm pleased to see that you feel like you're able to advance in your career.
If you aren't part of the inner circle, you likely won't last long. Leaders in general have no clue about what other groups do, how the business runs and are generally non-communicative. This place is like high school, Gossipy, cliquey. Poor communication with employees Don't keep promises re bonuses with zero explanations Hire managers that refuse to follow their own policies. Hire managers that have zero experience as managers and have poor communication skills, managers that don't help out staff to succeed. Staff always over worked. Hire incompetent staff and don't listen to staff re concerns. Staff complain about others and blame everyone but themselves. Very unprofessional managers and upper management no desire to take input from staff.
Love the job and the patients. Clinic could be extremely busy and expectations were to squeeze more patients in. Patients = money for the company; not how I like to work. Barely had time to eat during the day and zero breaks. Once clinical leader changed, the next nurse in line took over who is not leader material. Clinic was not run efficiently. Did not know how to manage even a small group of staff. Was uncomfortable approaching anyone with any issue so would direct it immediately to regional management. I had 10+ years in the field but any helpful suggestions were viewed as disrespect and a threat. Workplace became an unbearable and toxic environment with terrible morale between staff. I am no longer an employee and will not go back.
Pros
Pay and benefits if over 30 hours a week only
Cons
Management, busy with no breaks
Worked for company for 5 yrs. First few years were fantastic. Then as company grew in Alberta and a new general manager came in it went from being like a company who cared about service to a company that only cared about pumping pts through. It's very sad to see as pts use to come first now it works like a machine quoted by Pt. Moral is poor, no chance for advancement, promises not kept and when asked no answers given from any form of management. Unfortunately would never work here again due to poor management ethics
Pros
Pts were fantastic. Ladies at head office were fantastoc
Cons
Lack of good management in area, fail to keep promises and when asked no response, poor morale and lots of back stabbing
BioScript is an amazing company to work for. The owners truly care about their employees and know them on a personal basis. From top to bottom, there is a culture of patient centered care and I am proud to work for this company. They invest a lot in developing their employees and there are a lot of opportunities to grow within this company.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with my work and would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Work life balance, patient centered culture, great management
Cons
Steep learning curve but they spend a lot time training new employees
I have worked with Coverdale for nearly 6 years as a clinic nurse, previously worked in surgery. I have learned a great deal about biologics, customer service, business and some management skills too. My typical clinic day involves infusions/injections, answering patient questions, doing case management for other clinic patients, and patient assessments.

I enjoy that patients want to be at the clinic. They are excited to see you, relax, get their medication, and so appreciative of your help and time. I love that clinic staff are encouraged to provide a higher level of care to patients, such as good case management; going that extra mile for them. We make them comfortable, take extra time for those that need it, make them coffee and get to know them the way I never had time to in hospital.

My co-workers are excellent, fun to work with. Head Office and management are great, it's really a good team. Everyone is positive, eager to help, and works together well, and initiative is appreciated.

The best part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, company culture, everyone very positive and helpful, interesting work and therapies
Cons
Working in a small team/solo isn't for everyone, higher standard of care and services is expected by patients and doctors
Comment – 15 January 2018
Thank you for your review!

We appreciate your feedback, as well as sharing your experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BioScript Solutions?