BioScript Solutions

BioScript Solutions Employee Reviews

Hectic yet pleasant

As busy as the pharmacy may get employees are always helpful and pleasant to make time seem to pass fast. Efficiency is a must when it comes to pharmaceuticals as it concerns people's health.

Pros

Great ambience

Cons

Hectic

30 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We pride ourselves on team work and collaboration, and I am pleased to read that this was your experience.

A true culture of collaboration and innovation

Very welcoming from day one, everyone is very open and helpful. Lots of collaboration with other departments-everyone is willing to hear new ideas-and always looking ways to be more innovative -which is great! It can be fast paced, but the training was well done and thought-out so not too overwhelming and the team was very supportive.

Pros

great culture

Cons

not any so far

Poor Management and no direction for new hires

I had extremely high hopes when coming into this company but was extremely disappointed from day 1. Off the bat I was not supplied with the supplies needed to complete my job and was told to just hang out and had minimal communication the rest of the day unless I reached out. Management had no time to answer questions or offer support. I agree with other reviews of management being made up of friends from within the company and it causes a lot of issues when you have no where to turn with concerns because it’s all a friend group. Direct manager was not capable of leading a team and had a very obvious fear of someone outshining them which lead to them being toxic towards team members. Benefits we’re very good and compensation was okay but I the work environment and lack of trust in employees abilities made no amount of pay or benefits worth it.

Pros

Benefits, well intentioned CEO’s

Cons

Bad management, no trust in employees

No Training on Administrative Role

Nepotism at it's finest especially if your bilingual. No training whatsoever. Sink or swim. Learned a lot but on your own. Expected to reach out for every little thing is the hardest part of this job because you go in feeling like you know nothing except for how to enter information into a computer.Co workers are friendly and helpful. Great team to work. The work load is insane, needs more employees. Often left feeling overwhelmed, with no one to turn to for guidance.

Pros

Pto, Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff, Supporting Team Leads

Cons

Upper Management

Company Needs Work

The Recourse Centre division needs revision. Especially in regards to work duties/roles and amount of staff. This division is made up of about 20-25 people (supervisor lead roles not included). The staff is tasked almost entirely all the scheduling and admin work. More staff is needed considering the amount of clinic and patients. We are confronted with complaints from patient, clinic, and patient support programs on a regular basis. It is impossible to keep on top of the amount of admin work, when we have to handle patient incoming calls. The company should look at changing the amount of duties this division is tasked with. The current state of this section of the company is a fast-paced, hectic, and stressful environment. The larger clinics (open 4-5 days a week) should have a on-site office administrative assistant. That individual should be responsible for patient physical chart maintenance, sanitation and cleaning preparation, assistance with medication storage, and tasked with scheduling during clinic hours. That way the resource division can focus of more of online administrative work. If not they really need to hire more staff. need a team of 30-50 people per team (not including supervisor lead roles).

Pros

Good benefits, Good pay (recent pay increase).

Cons

Fast-paced and stressful environment.

Poor Senior Management...don't really know what is going on and therefore cannot support you.

Not sure how this business is in operations. The Pharmacy side may be productive but the other support functions are not capable of delivering value to the customer. There processes are weak and with poor systems its a matter of the silo departments falling apart. The business model is funded primarily by insurance and pharma companies (and maybe the government)...I wonder how long this will carry one for.This is a bunch of pharmacists and their buddies trying to run a pharma company...so much irony!This job was easy but senior management made a mess out of it maybe for them, it was their way to feel like they are contributing to something.

Pros

Compensation was good.

Cons

Poor management, not leaders but all managers, people hiring people they know not on qualifications or skills to add value to patients' lives.

29 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We're sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one, and I hope that you took some time to complete an exit interview to share your feedback, as we're always looking for ways to improve.

Company that stands behind its mission statement

Its great to work for a company that stands behind its mission statement to put its patients first. Its something that can often be said, but its rare to see it front and centre in all its business decisions. My team is very collaborative, and I enjoy working with all other departments in the company, everyone is great. Amazing culture, amazing job, amazing company!

29 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. BioScript really is true to our mission, which is to put our patients first. As we continue to grow, it is important to us that we always keep our patients top of mind, all while fostering a collaborative approach across all teams. Thank you for being on this journey with us.

Just dont

Just don’t work here. Favouritism at its finest, discrimination and lack of support from management. Supervisor questioned my going on break after working for 8 hours straight.

Pros

Hours upon hours because no one stays past 5

Cons

Everything else not mentioned above

29 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I hope that you took the opportunity to complete an exit interview, especially where you mention discrimination, as we take those matters very seriously.

Absolutely love working here

Working as a pharmacist in this organization is absolutely wonderful. The learning curve is steep but management as well as co-workers are readily available to help as needed. There is also online resources to help to make the learning process easier. During the pandemic the organization made many resources available to help staff during this stressful period. The atmosphere is more laid back than retail pharmacy which I absolutely love.

Pros

Always learning new and exciting things

30 June 2020
Thank you for your review. The Pandemic was challenging for most organizations, and I hope that our weekly town hall meetings with the Co-founders helped, and still continue to do so.

Lack of local leadership, constant confusion, constant backstabbing and "tattling"

This is truly one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. Local pharmacy leader is absolutely incompetent, a typical bully who is rarely around and even more rarely able to provide direction. HR does not address issues raised by staff and does one better by actually getting rid of excellent leaders who actually care about their staff. Senior management at BioScript is even more laughable. It's a collection of old college buddies who seem more interested in drinking and getting stoned than actually taking care of the business. This is one incredibly dysfunctional company. Workload is historically out of control, leadership is absent or terrible and the company culture is a disaster. The moves this company made during the pandemic were devoid of thought and seemed to heavily favour some staff and not others. Staff were put in danger during this time but rest assured the managers and senior managers were all tucked away safely in their homes. Being unemployed would literally be better/safer than working for this company. Run if anyone approaches you for a job here.

Pros

Above average compensation

Cons

Terrible workload, insecure and dangerous working environment, terrible leadership top to bottom

22 June 2020
We are sorry to hear that your current experience with BioScript Solutions does not match our intention of being an employer of choice. Our team is committed to learning from our experiences, which is why feedback like this is important to the success of our organization. We would really appreciate hearing more about your specific situation so we can address your concerns appropriately, please reach out directly to Erika Gallant at egallant@bioscript.ca.

29 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. As a current employee, I do recommend that you connect with Human Resources to discuss your concerns, as what you have mentioned is something that we would like to further discuss with you, and take very seriously.

Jobs at BioScript Solutions

See more jobs

Don’t waste your time

Not worth it the change. Poor management and no job security. No communication and you will work your butt off to get nowhere. Lots of friendly people that work there but take it with a grain of salt

30 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I hope you took some time to complete an Exit Interview so that we can better understand, and learn from your feedback. Our goal is to continue to be an Employee Recommended Workplace, and so your feedback is valuable to us.

Greatest place I've ever worked!

This company is amazing. Always doing things for staff. I got the job through a temp agency on a 6 month contract and they asked me to stay on an extra 2 months. I am really hoping to become a full-time employee.

30 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. As a company, we truly do care about the people, and so it's great to hear that this has been your experience.

Opportunity for Growth

I've been with BioScript, out of Home Office, for almost two years and feel like overall the company is a great place to work. I was promoted into Management after my first year. I have been given opportunity to grow and be a part of the overall company mission. Everyone is very friendly, the owners are kind people who truly care. The business is patient focused, and is true to that.

30 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Being an Employee Recommended Workplace is important to us, and so I'm pleased to see that you feel like you're able to advance in your career.

Collaborative Team

Bioscript Solutions is a friendly patient centered place of work. The work is challenging and rewarding and the entire team is very supportive and caring. It has been wonderful working in the clinics where patient care is a priority. There are clinics all across Canada as well so relocating is easy if you have to. Highly recommend working for this company.

Nice people

I had a good time working at BioScript pharmacy. The owners are incredible people and the staff are all great! It’s a very busy work place that seems to always be understaffed. I think the company could provide more perks to improve work life balance. The schedule is not flexible at all and pt work is not an option. No reimbursement for physical activities, but the company does provide dinners out and group activities. Yearly bonuses are rewarded but raises are extremely minimal. One of the best perks is the yearly retreat which is a paid for weekend away to have fun and meet staff from across the country. Overall I think it’s a good place to work and it was nice to experience working in a specialty pharmacy.

Pros

Cons

Overtime, understaffed, no flexibility, work life balance

If you aren't part of the inner circle, you likely won't last long

If you aren't part of the inner circle, you likely won't last long. Leaders in general have no clue about what other groups do, how the business runs and are generally non-communicative. This place is like high school, Gossipy, cliquey. Poor communication with employees Don't keep promises re bonuses with zero explanations Hire managers that refuse to follow their own policies. Hire managers that have zero experience as managers and have poor communication skills, managers that don't help out staff to succeed. Staff always over worked. Hire incompetent staff and don't listen to staff re concerns. Staff complain about others and blame everyone but themselves. Very unprofessional managers and upper management no desire to take input from staff.

Loved this job but once management changed it went downhill fast

Love the job and the patients. Clinic could be extremely busy and expectations were to squeeze more patients in. Patients = money for the company; not how I like to work. Barely had time to eat during the day and zero breaks. Once clinical leader changed, the next nurse in line took over who is not leader material. Clinic was not run efficiently. Did not know how to manage even a small group of staff. Was uncomfortable approaching anyone with any issue so would direct it immediately to regional management. I had 10+ years in the field but any helpful suggestions were viewed as disrespect and a threat. Workplace became an unbearable and toxic environment with terrible morale between staff. I am no longer an employee and will not go back.

Pros

Pay and benefits if over 30 hours a week only

Cons

Management, busy with no breaks

As a head office employee, I enjoy the diversity of the daily work, the support from colleagues & leaders, and building relationships with clinic staff & patients across the country. Some days can be challenging but knowing we're helping make a difference in patients lives is very rewarding.

Pros

Work schedule, job security

Cons

Commute

Good for first few years then went downhill

Worked for company for 5 yrs. First few years were fantastic. Then as company grew in Alberta and a new general manager came in it went from being like a company who cared about service to a company that only cared about pumping pts through. It's very sad to see as pts use to come first now it works like a machine quoted by Pt. Moral is poor, no chance for advancement, promises not kept and when asked no answers given from any form of management. Unfortunately would never work here again due to poor management ethics

Pros

Pts were fantastic. Ladies at head office were fantastoc

Cons

Lack of good management in area, fail to keep promises and when asked no response, poor morale and lots of back stabbing

My story

So I started working for Coverdale in May 2017. My background has been critical care for almost my entire career. I LOVE this job! It offers flexibility in schedule & a great working atmosphere, along with great leadership. The clients are amazing as well because they choose to come see you. A typical day involves assessments,initiating IV's for infusions, giving injections, drawing blood samples, along with vital signs and on line reporting. If you are good at starting IV's & like people-THIS IS A GREAT JOB FOR YOU!

Pros

Independance

Cons

Hard to find time to eat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioScript Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare BioScript Solutions with

• BioScript Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?