BioPed Footcare
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

BioPed Footcare Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews

Did not enjoy working at the Mississauga North branch. Management was not professional and demanded too much for $15/hr salary. Small branch meant sales were lowered than lather branches. That branch was never recognized for the hard work done especially at conferences. Owners of branches acted like a cliche and their staff were often rude and unhappy. Orthotics were made for profit at many branches and not the well being of pt. Up selling was encouraged even if products did not work. Company is mostly insurance based and people did not buy unless they had insurance

Pros

Discounts on products, paid training and conferences

Cons

Low salary and no work life balance

Not a positive work environment

Owners do not care about any of their employees. I do not recommend working here. Hard work goes unnoticed and unrewarded. Everyone talks behind each other’s back - such an awful experience!

Insights into BioPed Footcare

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Don't do it.

Low starting salary with slow improvement. Management yelled at staff behind closed (but not soundproof) doors. Huge push to sell with little patient care.

Pros

None.

Cons

Short breaks. Low pay. No support from management, in fact, the complete opposite.

Great environment where you can make an impact. Management is supportive.

I have really enjoyed my time at BioPed. It is a small, but busy location where you can make an impact, good or bad. Due to the smaller physical size, those people you are around are critical and each person can either motivate you, or drain you. Management focuses on prioritizing the ones who contribute positively to this environment. Pay seems about average to competitors, but we are given opportunities to exceed it. Positive contributors seem to do well. The clients are great and have built a lot of relationships.

Pros

Focus on a positive environment, Staff works well together, you feel like you’re helping people and changing lives for the better, the clients are generally grateful in Oakville, management often brings free coffee for staff.

Cons

One person can make or break the environment, it can be busy at times.

Poor Management

Easily the most unprofessional management I have experienced in my entire career; so disorganized, plays favourites and completely hypocritical. There is little to no room for growth, and pay is pathetic compared to competitors. One benefit is you do have the autonomy to create your own specialized treatment plans for your patients, although any extra effort goes unnoticed.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

Management Compensation

One of the very best jobs I have ever had!

The work culture and team spirit make this job an absolute pleasure! Shifts are on average 9-5 or 10-6, and your personal time is respected outside of business hours. Owners are respectful and want to see you succeed. You also have the ability to bring your ideas to the job and make it your own, or better the lives of others. COVID policy is in depth and I feel safe everyday. There is no doubt that it is a fast paced environment, but it has a lot of variety and keeps you interested and challenged, which I like.

Great place depending on each location

Demanding but quite rewarding career. You have the fredom to provide your own specialized care for clients. You have the full support from Headoffice if you require it and full independence if you wish. Room for growth and room for ownership for those willing to seek opportunities wherever they may be.

Pros

Independence

Cons

Demanding hours

Opportunity to learn and grow

After being taken on as an apprentice, I was able to gain experience and knowledge to successfully pass my certification exam and become an Pedorthist. What's more, I also gained valuable experience in the business aspect of running a successful pedorthic clinic, offering ethical and necessary treatment for a variety of ailments.

Pros

Opportunity to learn

Cons

Zero flexibility in schedule

Relatively Smoothly Run

It's a nice environment, friendly people. Could use some more staff to delegate other things, decrease stress and have things run more smoothly.

Pleasantly Demanding Job

This job was very hard work and i loved it! I was required to learn a lot in a short period of time. This position was very fast paced! With awesome management I was happy to do it and more.

Pros

Abundance of responsibilities

Cons

Located too far from home

Fun workplace - Disrespect towards humans

It was fun working for this company in the beginning but then after 3 years, they started taking sides over who was better and who sucked up more putting other employees down with actions which are louder than words. Everyone should be treated equally and this wasn't the case when I was dismissed. I will always miss working for the company but sometimes when your treated without respect your better off !!

Pros

Patients you deal with are amazing to build realtionships with

Cons

Their nice when you start at the company then they start taking sides putting you down

Great industry

Not a dull or slow moment, loved meeting new people and helping them. very busy environment

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Long commute and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BioPed Footcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement