Bio-Techne Employee Reviews

Bad Environment
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, California8 March 2019
If you enjoy coming into work everyday, WALKING ON EGG-SHELLS....then this is the place for you! Work culture here is really horrible, no accountability, no team work, no employee appreciation! Take your work skills somewhere else because this place won't use them as they are afraid of any kind of change or innovation. Management needs major improvements!
Pros
Cons
Way to many to list!
Its an alright place with poor management
Manufacturer-Production Technician/Bio-Techne (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CT27 February 2019
Its an alright place with some pretty good benefits, But of course there were many problems with management and my coworkers that never seemed to get solved. Our "team lead" never does any work but yet hes treated higher than everyone else. The reason for me being payed a few dollars less than everyone was because I was "lucky to acquire my job" and not because of performance.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Poor management and unfair reasoning
Great company to work for
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CT11 January 2019
Overall Bio-techne is a great place to work. The company is doing very well and I have no doubt it will continue to succeed. There are many opportunities for growth and career advancement.
Going Downhill
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Devens, MA9 January 2019
Due to constant acquisitions the company is growing faster than the infrastructure. The Leadership team cannot support the needs of the employees. Career advancement is strictly budget driven, not based on merit.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, Lower than average pay.
Product Insert Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN7 December 2018
Everyone knows everyone, Very positive and move forward place to work. Flexible hours, many hours of vacation. If you don't know everyone people will kindly introduce themselves.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
insurnace going up
Exciting time to intern at Bio-Techne
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN23 August 2018
My experience interning at Bio-Techne in Minneapolis was overall very positive. My manager was very good, and the environment in which I worked was very collaborative. The company is growing fast right now and has begun, in the last five years, to modernize and now strives to be a giant in the scientific space.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Not a good place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO21 August 2018
Poor culture, new employees set up to fail. Management supports sink or swim training. Current employees bitter, can't blame them. Not quite sure how they continue to operate with so much turnover. They do have great health insurance if that is your only motivation. Cliques everywhere, avoid if you can.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN30 July 2018
NA- If you just started in your career. You should try elsewhere. Here is only great for people who are already advanced or hands on flipping papers left to right. No time to train. Frustrating work load and tasks. One person does a 2-3 person job. Wage is decent but low for the amount of work.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
A good place to work but understaffed and somewhat stressful.
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN5 February 2018
I have been with the company for twenty years. Stress levels have gone up the last few years and the group I work with has become severely understaffed.
Manufacturing tech
Manufacturing Tech III (Former Employee) –  Devens, MA7 December 2017
Set up manual pack lines, make sure the job gets done in time to be shipped, run a few machines, deal with all the temps on the floor, check in materials against the bom and make sure everything is correct. Set up the scale , get the labels, and make sure I have everything I need
Quality Control Technician I (Former Employee) –  Devens, MA7 June 2017
Good place to work. Production planning could use improvement. QC department has tough time keeping employees due to the stress caused by lack of production planning.
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN27 April 2017
As a lab tech, I was responsible for working with a team of scientists developing high quality immunoassay products. I assisted with completing assay or equipment validations, writing/reviewing standard operating procedures (SOP’s), summarizing assay, validation results into final spreadsheets and writing reports. I also, had responsibilities to perform screening and validation of antibodies for assays. Other duties included feasibility, product development, validation, and technical support of immunoassays. I performed additional duties as assigned by my superiors. This jobs required an attention not only to detail, but also to safety and technique. It was a unique experience and showed me the levels to which science can rise when separate talents are united.
Great and fun place to work
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN2 March 2017
This is a great job for a new college grad. Management highly depends on which department you work for. There are so many employees that it is hard to coordinate good collaboration. Promotions do not come easily. The pay is OK, but the benefits are great.
under valued
Liaison between company and major purchaser (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN22 October 2014
I enjoyed the job and felt I was doing something important but felt under valued.
excelentre trato,cumplimiento de salario
estuco y manejo de taladro (Former Employee) –  Villavicencio, MET5 December 2013
muy bueno ,exigentes en horario de entrada y salida,buenos con el salario y nomina,
Pros
excelente
Cons
trabajo de lunes a domingo