Bingemans

Bingemans Employee Reviews

I did special events and it was always fun! Definitely couldn’t make it a full time job since it was just special events but I always enjoyed those shifts for the most part!
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistent hours
There were a couple of leaders there yelling at employees all the time. Stressful environment Heavy work for banquet servers, they expected the serer to clean dishes as well and to hold on their shoulders as much as eight full plates of food.
Pros
participation on the sides of events.
Cons
unorganized, not steady hours, super long shifts on your feet. (up to 12 hours)
I was a volunteer and I would come at 8 in the morning for there summer camp and would look after the kids. The workplace culture was very fun and energetic.
There was always events going on besides the regular, day-to-day work so a lack of work was never a problem. It was fast-paced a little stressful because of the constant demands so it could get difficult and some corners were probably cut that shouldn't have been. Work was still safe however.
Bingemans has been a good workplace to me for the time I've worked there. However, management has not been listening to me when I inform them of my needs which has made it increasingly harder to gain much work experience there. They hired 16 new people at once and personally i think they took a little too much dip on their chip. I left my well-paying job with the promise and idea that I would be getting about the same hours (20-30) and now I'm lucky if i get over 10.
you can gain experience in hospitality industry. your given lot's of responsibility operating vehicle's. there's good interactions with co-workers. but you can go without recognition at times. the self management in this role is appreciated. organization could be improved in busy periods but everyone genuinely makes an effort towards the success of each event.
Pros
good atmosphere, lot's of work available in peak seasons
Cons
long hours are not for everyone, some workers don't try to do more than the minimum
I dif not liked. It is kinda too stressful. Sometimes they wont provide you proper shift timings. I dont work there anymore. People are very arrogant there.
Employees can work well together. There is lots of time provided to do work so it never feels as though there is a rush to complete tasks. People are enjoyable to work with and the facility is organized well. More effort could be made towards training new employees.
Pros
Cheap meals provided, emphasis on cleanliness
Cons
Did not feel management had the best communication with its employees at all times.
I work at the Boston Pizza side of bingemans and it was not all that bad at first. Everyone was really friendly therefore made time spent there enjoyable. But then they started enforcing rules brought down from hr and everything went to garbage. Management was bad for the most part but there were a few managers that were awesome but oh wait, they're leaving too. Hr started firing people for dumb reasons including the very few people left that made it fun to work there including 2 hostesses that were fired for who knows what, not even they understand how or why they got fired. Now although there is still great people there, it's just boring and stressful with all the stress of wondering if they are going to fire you next as they seem to watch you 24/7 through cameras. Their bowling lanes are falling apart as they fired the most experienced and lovable bowl tech they had for a stupid reason and even banned him because he was "distracting". Then all the other ones quit after him because they had enough. In other words the place is falling apart.
Pros
Staff
Cons
I worked here for around 4 years, I can’t even begin to express how disappointed I am about this place. Worked crazy hours, always went beyond my job title and the management was just incredible rude and zero professional when I left. I didn’t even get pay the money I was own. I learned a lot on this place , but it was definitely not because of the management, my coworkers were great and helped me a lot. Leaving Bingemans is the best decision I have ever made. I been always afraid of change, and It was hard for me to quit but Im extremely happy I did it. Management needs to learn how to treat people like humans being not animals and pay them according to the job they do.
Cons
I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 10 years, and this by far is the worst place I have ever worked! When you are initially hired they promise a balanced work schedule and benefits. You are only eligible for benefits if you work a min of 40hrs a week, which will happen in the summer. Be prepared to work an average of 50hrs a week when its busy and 10hrs a week when it's not. This inconstancy in hours can be typical when working in this industry but I have never experienced it to this extent, specially when hired to be "full time" The upper management can be rude and extremely unprofessional. Don't expect to have your voice herd or any problem solved. My big issues with management was how they put weird expectations on supervisors, like not allowing us to be friendly to the staff, making up rules half way through shifts, making us sign a waiver so we can work 16hr shifts back to back with little down time in-between shifts Job security... there is none. With the threat of losing your job being a regular occurrence, as the management staff gossip about supervisors and other management staff. The turn over rate here is astonishing. They won't provide enough hours to servers, so they get 2nd or 3rd jobs, and aren't available for big events. The company often brings in a good percentage of "temp" workers. There is also little to no advancement. It's hard to say what a typical day looks like as its always changing. But be prepare to be over worked and do many tasks outside of your job description. The only upside about working here is that there is - more...
Pros
Pay $1.50 for food
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, hours and job security
A wide variety of functions provide many obstacles and experiences to learn and grow from. Positions provide experience to advance further in the hospitality industry
Great summer job experience but there was not enough leadership or guidance provided by the manager and supervisor. There was also a lack of training and communication on what was expected of the staff.
Come in around 9 o'clock in the morning and give kids the snacks and lead them in their first activity. Then supply lunch and lead more activities. I then have to ensure that kids go home with proper legal guardians
I learned so much working here and gained valuable experience. I would recommend this as a summer job bc you'll get plenty of hours and make a fair amount of money. If I was to say something I disliked, it would be the strenuous work and difficult expectations. A lot of shifts were 12 or 13 hours of standing mixed with heavy lifting and sometimes the supervisors overworked us. Luckily there's so many people there, you're bound to make a couple friends in the meantime.
Pros
Pay $1.50 to eat whatever you want, good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, your back hurts a lot
Bingemans has been a great place to work at friendly employes that will help you if you need it. Free lunches that some employes help make. It is always lively around when you are working. All together a great place to work at
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Standing in one spot only
I took this job expecting it to be a fun summer job, and it absolutely was. Didn't require much effort, just clean the washrooms, stock up the main office with ice, and help out customers with reservations and questions.
Pros
Free slushies, bowling games + shoe rental, ontario tourism benefits
Cons
Can get boring sometimes
A typical day at work includes setting tables, rooms, plating food, serving meals, clearing, and doing dishes. I have learned many skills from working at bingemans including multitasking and customer service.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No end times
Hours were great, as long as you are flexible working until 2-3 am sometimes. Management was good, but Servers get paid 14$ an hour to start, meanwhile house keeping gets paid minimum wage. Upon bringing this up to HR department, they were extremely rude and highly un appreciative !!! Over worked employees!!!
Cons
awful pay. Un predictable hours
It was the best place i have worked at. I have learnt so much from everyone there. I still like to go there over the summer even though i dont work there.
start with assistant the chef and prepare food, served meal and cleaned the dishes. friendly manager and co-workers. was enjoyable is I get to work in different area.
  1. Employee reviews