Bin 4 Burger Lounge

Bin 4 Burger Lounge Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.4Job security & advancement

Fun & Awesome with a side of petty

-Very little room for mistake -Extremely strict for a casual restaurant -Amazing training -Amazing customer service experience -Fun work atmosphere most of the time

Amazing co-workers and food, awful everything else

Food and co-workers are both great, the culture thrives there and is the only real reason (besides a paycheck) that employees stay. That said, you end up being forced to pick up for slack, if management feels they have room to push you to do so. Your pay never reflects this, though you might see an increase in your tips if you do (wink wink). Speaking of tips, the upper management decides it's a good idea to take a portion of them for themselves, and then get upset if you take longer than your normal work hours to complete the sometimes ridiculous work loads you are given.Some days are very relaxed, with not much going on, you learn to enjoy these days when you can. Even then, expect to get cut 4-5 hours into your shift (even though there's still more to do) resulting in some paychecks being as little as half the normal amount. Then there's the equipment, oh my. Some things work great, despite being a decade old, but others are clearly in need of replacing/fixing. Management will listen to the complaint, usually call a "repair guy" who then "fixes" said equipment. This always results in the equipment being jury-rigged in some way so that it "works" for a while, or just staying broken the same way it was before. On top of this, the employees themselves get blamed for almost every piece of equipment breaking down. Furthermore, the kitchen reaches hotter and hotter temperatures every year, with no A/C or even a simple fan being installed to help ease. Often times, this temperature reaches into the 40's.My advice is to stay away, you can do a lot better.

Pros

Free food, Great co-workers

Cons

Awful management, Old burned out equipment, Irregular pay raises (if any), Greedy upper management

Great coworkers horrible bosses

If you want to worry about your job security daily, work for Dan. He a horrible boss and micromanages to the umpteenth degree. Find another restaurant to work at, trust me, it’s not worth the mental health issues you’ll stem from working there.

Very productive work place and friendly staff

During my time at Bin 4, it really allowed me to develop skills that I am glad to have obtained. With this being my first real job, it was very easy for me to settle into the environment with caring and understanding managers, as well as nice and friendly co-workers.

Pros

50% off all staff meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bin 4 Burger Lounge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4Job security/advancement