Bin 4 Burger Lounge

• Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Good first job but not worth the money

Worked for almost a year with the company, great job for someone starting out. While most of the managers are great and we’re a big part of the reason I stayed as long as I did, the part time managers (server/manager) probably shouldn’t have been given the job. They constantly blamed other people for problems that they had caused and weren’t very supportive. The host position isn’t really a host job. You are in charge of clearing/busing/resetting tables, the door, phone, takeout, bringing out food, refilling water, bathroom cleaning, setting up the entire restaurant by yourself in the morning (only 30 minutes), seating, wait list, resos, folding napkins (so many usually asked you to fill an entire bin before you were cut), sweeping the floor and so much more. You have to be very fast and if not usually the mangers would yell at you. Caused a big turnover rate. Didnt help that the pay wasn’t great. Minimum wage( pretty standard for most restaurants but it doesn’t increase no matter how long you work) and the tips were terrible. Not enough for all the work you are expected to do. The people I met at the job were some of the nicest I have ever met and have made many friends over my time there. The staff discount was amazing. Was a good starting job but wouldn’t recommend to someone who’s had previous host experience.

Poorly Managed

Business owners do not take the time to get to know their employees and do not take to heart the concerns of their employees. Fosters a very strict and rigid working environment that puts employees at a disadvantage. Hires managers who have no previous restaurant experience and continues to keep them on staff despite obvious incapability to perform the job adequately. Staff (servers, hosts, etc) were wonderful, but the higher tiers of the company unfortunately could not reflect the same review. Owners seem to believe that all they need to do to succeed is put money into something only to draw it out. The employees best interests are not a priority.

Pros

50% staff discount of food

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bin 4 Burger Lounge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement