Bin 4 Burger Lounge

Bin 4 Burger Lounge Employee Reviews

Bin4 Vancouver is a great environment for team players!

Bin4 has been a great job for me. Friendly staff, professional management and an unbeatable tip out for servers. It requires a ton of menu knowledge and advanced understanding of allergens in the food (including rotating menus). All servers help each other out in the rush and it definitely feels like a team environment. Management is always on the floor to help out and constantly doing everything they can to make the restaurant run more smoothly. Support staff do not get many tips for the work they do but thats to be expected in the industry. Management is very open to allowing movement within the company (ie host to server, server to bar, etc) if you express interest. Hours are good and management is very flexible with other commitments. Overall great environment to work in, would definitely recommend to a friend.

Amazing co-workers and food, awful everything else

Food and co-workers are both great, the culture thrives there and is the only real reason (besides a paycheck) that employees stay. That said, you end up being forced to pick up for slack, if management feels they have room to push you to do so. Your pay never reflects this, though you might see an increase in your tips if you do (wink wink). Speaking of tips, the upper management decides it's a good idea to take a portion of them for themselves, and then get upset if you take longer than your normal work hours to complete the sometimes ridiculous work loads you are given.Some days are very relaxed, with not much going on, you learn to enjoy these days when you can. Even then, expect to get cut 4-5 hours into your shift (even though there's still more to do) resulting in some paychecks being as little as half the normal amount. Then there's the equipment, oh my. Some things work great, despite being a decade old, but others are clearly in need of replacing/fixing. Management will listen to the complaint, usually call a "repair guy" who then "fixes" said equipment. This always results in the equipment being jury-rigged in some way so that it "works" for a while, or just staying broken the same way it was before. On top of this, the employees themselves get blamed for almost every piece of equipment breaking down. Furthermore, the kitchen reaches hotter and hotter temperatures every year, with no A/C or even a simple fan being installed to help ease. Often times, this temperature reaches into the 40's.My advice is to stay away, you can do a lot better.

Pros

Free food, Great co-workers

Cons

Awful management, Old burned out equipment, Irregular pay raises (if any), Greedy upper management

Great coworkers horrible bosses

If you want to worry about your job security daily, work for Dan. He a horrible boss and micromanages to the umpteenth degree. Find another restaurant to work at, trust me, it’s not worth the mental health issues you’ll stem from working there.

Fun coworkers

If you like a Fast paced restaurant in a small quaint setting. Weekends are busier as well as nights. Coworkers are fun. There is good communication throughout the restaurant.

Upbeat friendly environment

Great place to work. Very friendly environment. Good staff and support. Generally good customers to interact with. Clean and professional establishment.

Fun restaurant environment!

I really enjoyed working at Bin 4. I made a lot of great friends and generally enjoyed the customers. Great food and good management. Would recommend hosting for younger people not reliant on an income.

Good first job but not worth the money

Worked for almost a year with the company, great job for someone starting out. While most of the managers are great and we’re a big part of the reason I stayed as long as I did, the part time managers (server/manager) probably shouldn’t have been given the job. They constantly blamed other people for problems that they had caused and weren’t very supportive. The host position isn’t really a host job. You are in charge of clearing/busing/resetting tables, the door, phone, takeout, bringing out food, refilling water, bathroom cleaning, setting up the entire restaurant by yourself in the morning (only 30 minutes), seating, wait list, resos, folding napkins (so many usually asked you to fill an entire bin before you were cut), sweeping the floor and so much more. You have to be very fast and if not usually the mangers would yell at you. Caused a big turnover rate. Didnt help that the pay wasn’t great. Minimum wage( pretty standard for most restaurants but it doesn’t increase no matter how long you work) and the tips were terrible. Not enough for all the work you are expected to do. The people I met at the job were some of the nicest I have ever met and have made many friends over my time there. The staff discount was amazing. Was a good starting job but wouldn’t recommend to someone who’s had previous host experience.

Awful

I worked at bin 4 Saanich for a year. It was one of the worst jobs I’ve ever had. The support staff is spread so thin it was rare we didn’t cry in the bathroom at least once per shift. On top of that, the tips were extremely low for support, and you are expected to do almost all the work for the servers. The management was condescending and multiple complaints were made with no repercussions

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Working there

Very productive work place and friendly staff

During my time at Bin 4, it really allowed me to develop skills that I am glad to have obtained. With this being my first real job, it was very easy for me to settle into the environment with caring and understanding managers, as well as nice and friendly co-workers.

Pros

50% off all staff meals

It was OK

The good thing about working here was it was consistent for a restaurant. It was not very often that we didn't have full sections with lots of repeat customers. The food and drinks are good which kept the customers coming back. I loved all my co-workers and they made the job worth going to. Our management was all over the map. It would vary from managers that you wouldn't see all night because they would sit on their phones in the office to managers that micromanaged every little thing that you did. We'd get an over abundance of emails about every little thing that it was almost too much to keep up with. Sometimes some pretty harsh tones made for a negative work environment that clearly affected a good portion of the staff. Overall an ok place to work.

Jobs at Bin 4 Burger Lounge

See more jobs

Fun & Awesome with a side of petty

-Very little room for mistake -Extremely strict for a casual restaurant -Amazing training -Amazing customer service experience -Fun work atmosphere most of the time

Poorly Managed

Business owners do not take the time to get to know their employees and do not take to heart the concerns of their employees. Fosters a very strict and rigid working environment that puts employees at a disadvantage. Hires managers who have no previous restaurant experience and continues to keep them on staff despite obvious incapability to perform the job adequately. Staff (servers, hosts, etc) were wonderful, but the higher tiers of the company unfortunately could not reflect the same review. Owners seem to believe that all they need to do to succeed is put money into something only to draw it out. The employees best interests are not a priority.

Pros

50% staff discount of food

Cons

Fun and energetic service job with consistent pay

Bin 4 is amazingly well choreographed. The logistics and operations of the restaurant are so well thought out that it makes serving extremely efficient. All the staff members are wonderful people and very interesting to talk to and get to know. The work environment is speedy and there are high expectations from management, but they train you well so if you are smart enough and work hard to do things correctly, you will succeed. The money is also very consistent since it is almost always busy there. The wage is a normal server's hourly wage, but the tips almost always pay off.

Pros

half off food, great coworkers, fun

Cons

high expectations, always busy and therefore a tiring job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bin 4 Burger Lounge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4Job security/advancement