Bill Gosling Outsourcing

2.8Pay & benefits

Insights into Bill Gosling Outsourcing

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent management team and comfortable job with good co-workers, great for people who need overtime.

The management team is very engaging and empathetic. They have always been very considerate of troubling situations that may cause you to need a shift change, but that really depends on the department. Overtime is usually unlimited, but there are no raises typically, no matter how long you work there.

Pros

Free gym on site

Cons

No raises

Great People, Stressful Work & Shady Dismissal Tactics

Fake people in management, better call center than most with decent benefits, however depending on your assigned campaign the work can be extremely stressful and unpleasant.Their positions may be permanent but you can be let go at any given moment, I was led to believe I wasn't needed to work as much and a week later I got fired despite being told I was doing a good job by management.Advancement is slow and probably not guaranteed. All the people I worked with had been at their entry level positions for 5+ years. I wouldn't recommend working here if you're looking for growth or job security

Pros

Good breaks/lunch, paid vacation, remote work available if needed

Cons

Tedious monotonous work, shady management & exploitative work culture

good

good company to work for, they provide work from home benefits as well. Some days are not good as others but the overall company is good. Management is good.

Not a very good experience

I have to say WFH is the only reason that I work at this company, if they need agents to go back to the office, I will resign immediately, I'm sure many agents will do the same. The salary is way too low for what we are doing everyday, only 16 per hour, however we have to deal with many rude customers every single day. Their benefits are terrible, NO perks, you can only enjoy their insurance benefit after one year of your employment, this is way too stingy. whats more, sometimes if you perform very well, they will let you be a so called leader "peer support", which means you will have to do extra work, without getting paid extra, your title stays the same, after they have used you, you will go back to your agent role or if your department is closed, you will be an ordinary agent again. LOL this is the most ridiculous part. I don't see ANY prospect in working in this company.

It was alright

Co-workers were good. The guy who trained us was great. But management was not great. Also good luck getting paid sick days off because management totally ignores and denies your request without any explanation for paid sick day off.

Good People, low pay

Dental is only available after 1 year. The pay is low considering the work we do. The people are great to work with and there is so much support. But the pay makes it that you need another work.

Productive work place with incentives program and young culture management

Good place to have experience in customer service, direct contact with customers through inbound/outband calls. Workloads get high and you need time out of work to catchup with cases. The handle time on the phone is also monitored...

Pros

Work from home, incentives programs

Cons

Nice culture, nice peers, pays below the average

I see many bad reviews, but the truth is that most people don't want to work or be expected to do the bare minimum at their jobs. The management team is nice and fun, but it could also depend on the department you are working for. If you do your job and show up, they will assist you with your work schedule, which is amazing. You just need to hang in there for a while. Management does care in most cases.They are trying hard to have a nice culture and it would show before the pandemic hit. The main problem is the pay. Minimum pay, basic benefits after 1 year and that's all. If you move up, expect a $0.50/h, which won't even cover your transportation. Team Leaders get paid HALF of what the market pays and they don't care if you leave or not. If they would care more about if their employees could afford rent, they would keep amazing people working there. No yearly raises or reviews, you have to beg for a 1% raise.

Pros

- Super easy to get hired, - Opportunities for those who work hard, even if you have to wait for it to come, - Casual dress in office, - Several locations, - On-site gym, - Amazing peers

Cons

- Really high expectations for minimum wage, - Clients can dictate if you should work in office or wfh during the pandemic, - Pay way less than other companies, - Newmarket office is awful, -

Collections

Horrible experience working at BGO, minimum pay and they cheat you out of your commission! Make sure your double check your pay or you'll get ripped off!

Nice place to work

It's a good starting out salary. I would recommend to others. Training is good though you have to be prepared to read up on your material so you can get familiar with it quicker.

Pros

Work from home opportunity

Atrocity

Worked there for 2 years. Last couple months they kept messing up my paycheck. I requested assistance through their HR and only recieved punishments it felt like through the workload they put upon. It's not a healthy company to work with.

Pros

Benefits.

Cons

All of it.

Moderate paced, minimal training, and unsecure displacement

I got hired on to one job worked there for 2 weeks training and transferred to a different company in the building. There are over 150 companies in the building and you aren't guaranteed a position at any one of them. They keep you based on commission rates earned back

Pros

Excellent benefits, friendly staff, long lunch

Cons

Commission work, minimum wage, long hours

15 November 2021
We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you wanted to provide more specific feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to our Communications Team directly at communications@billgosling.com - the more precise feedback, the better we can be! Wishing you well in your future endeavours.

This company will not appreciate your efforts

You can be the best performing employee they have and they will still treat you like you don't matter. How do I know this? I was one of, if not top performer, and despite this they punished me over mistakes I made. I will not go into detail with what it was, but it did not warrant taking away the benefits a top performing employee should be entitled to. They will make you punch out if you want to use the washroom (yes they are too cheap to pay you a penny outside of dialing time) In fact they might even lie to you about bonuses you can get when being hired despite these "bonuses" not being in place during the time of hiring so take their word with a grain of salt. Overall, the people who work here can be nice but the company policies are whack and they will see you as replaceable even if you do perform well. They simply do not care about you or your performance.Oh and the pay is bad compared to other call centers.

Pros

work from home

Cons

terrible pay, terrible company policies, and more

15 November 2021
We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience, and are always looking for ways to improve. If you wanted to provide more specific feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to our Communications Team directly at communications@billgosling.com - the more precise feedback, the better we can be! Wishing you well in your future endeavours.

Nice environment, friendly staff, very low salary.Over all good experience untill to date.

Very cooperative staff, family environment, everyone works as a team at the same time competitive and chances of growth !!! Looking to be permanent staff of the company with bit higher salary .

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Lunch is not Paid and per hour rate is very low!!

3 May 2021
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you the best in all your career at Bill Gosling.

Stressful

I have worked now in 3 different departments and let me tell you, it an interesting place. My experience with managers was ok, however i was extremely micro managed and it seemed like the clients of most of the departments had no idea what they wanted as they would change the rules/expectations on a weekly basis and then "punish" the employees when they don't meet requirements due to confusion by making the managers give out coaching's. Managers do not listen to employees complaints/ advice, they agree with you on the downlow but are yes men to the client. Managers also seem like they don't know what is happening half of the time in the department and constantly need clarification from the client. They give you no warning of being fired/ moved to a different department, and when this happens they provide you with no explanation. The building itself has no windows and is always cold. Its nice to work from home now but in office its draining, and even working form home i would get calls as to why i haven't made a call in the last 5 or so minutes. In office you can only use your cell phone in certain locations which makes no sense, especially now that most are working from home and have regular access to their phones (shows there is no trust). Managers get angry at you whenever you use the bathroom or leave your desk for a little bit and say its "time theft". Good luck booking vacation time as they tell you to wait to book days off when it gets closer to the date and when you do they decline and say you should have done that earlier. In the last department that i worked at there -

Pros

Pizza Lunches

3 May 2021

Draining

This job is definitely not for everyone, and it's even harder to manage in a building with absolutely no windows, and employers that do not care for their employees.This job will wear you out until you are physically ill, and then fire you because of it. The department I worked in was fine only because of the people I worked with and our managers.The expectations were high, and there was no real chance of commissions. Moving up in the company is not a thing and you will never see a raise no matter how much you work.In the beginning they were geared towards their employees, but over time it changed and the building was just a big box of negative energy from everyone. I believe the job itself is doable and not the problem, it was the people inside that made wanting to wake up each day so difficult.

Pros

The department I worked in had some nice people

Cons

High expectations with no reward or gratification, No room to grow, Do not care about their employees

1 March 2021

An actual health risk

I worked at bill gosling for about a year and when the pandemic hit i took an absence to keep my immuno-compromised family safe and then entire time HR was emailing trying to twist my arm into coming back, no matter how many time I explained I cant come back, there's already been 1 confirmed case in the building they didn't care and kept pushing and pushing. I advised them that when I came into the building no one was wearing masks or checked my temperature like they swore up and down in their emails they were, they kept saying "up to ministry standards" but right after I got that email my friend who works there said another person confirmed positive. I told them I wasnt coming back until quarantine was lifted I cant risk it they fired me. Management was a joke, everyone hated their jobs and the managers didnt care about anything and HR is there to kiss up to the company. the higher ups are all driving range rovers and expensive cars and my coworkers are explaining that they can barely pay bills. GREEDY

Pros

Benefits (after a full year)

Cons

management, clients, bad hours

Relatively good temporary place to work

Worked as a previous employee there. Worked for a relatively long period of time, all things considered. The benefits are great. The pay is decent, but changes depending on the department and shift you end up with. Unjust causes for letting employees go and does not tell employees why they are being let go. HR was not great at understanding tough situations and unfair when it comes to helping employees. Management is awful, no matter where in the company I ended up in. The best thing about working there other than the benefits is the other employees you work with. Great place to build lifelong friends. Overtime if available occasionally, which really helps. Would not recommend as long term employment.

Benefits

13 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve to make the employee experience a positive one. If there's any feedback you can provide to improve any areas of concern, please reach out anonymously at communications@billgosling.com.

Shameful with no respect to employees

As you would expect the job is extremely stressful. If you want to learn about sales in a difficult environment I would recommend this job, it has benefited me in that area. However, most of the upper management care very little about employees because they recognize the high turnover rate. Leadership is not something you will find here. I worked on a summer contract for 4 months, had regular sales within the office, and never missed a day. Still the location manager never said a word to me over the entire 4 months. What's comical is that although the location manager never spoke to me, that's how I knew I was doing good. The location manager would only talk to employees if the sales were lacking with no mention of how to improve but instead that they should consider work elsewhere. Employees had constant meetings with HR (who regularly solved zero workplace problems) to discuss feuds with upper management but no action was taken. In a specific case an employee had a seizure and coworkers came to the persons aid and make sure they were okay (managers no where in sight). After they helped the employee out of the office, management pulled the coworkers who helped the employee aside and mandated they do not leave the phones and management would take care of everything (even though they did not help the person in need). Employees would regularly have panic attacks with the usual response from upper management instructing employees to return to the phones or leave the office. You can find a better position elsewhere I assure you.

Pros

coworkers, team leads, free tim hortons on special occasions

Cons

no leadership, little attention to at risk employees, below average compensation, high risk mental health environment

4 August 2020
We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience working with our team. We're always working to improve our employee experience across all our various departments. If you have any suggestions or feedback to your comment on communication, please feel free to reach out directly to communications@billgosling.com so that we can continue to improve. We wish you the best for your future career endeavours.

No complaints

My only complaint was holidays. Working every canadian holiday, but supposed to be getting American holidays off, but then company changes their minds last minute so we get 0 holiday, and then having every single holiday request denied even if booked 4 or 5 months in advance.

Pros

Alright pay, fun atmosphere, great people

Cons

Constant sitting was hard to get used to

27 July 2020

I enjoyed the people

I enjoyed the people I worked with. overall everyone is good and easy going to be around . The customers were also good . My family life is the only reason I resigned

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Full hours

14 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Keep us in mind when you things change for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bill Gosling Outsourcing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement