Bill Gosling Outsourcing
Happiness score is 38 out of 100

Bill Gosling Outsourcing Employee Reviews

Hard Work be prepared for stress

As a collections agent you are asked to almost harass clients. You have to call them 3 times a day when they answer and when they do answer they lose it at you. Don't expect to collect a lot of debts

Pros

Decent pay, work from home

Cons

Very stressful, prepared to be yelled at

Nice place to work

It's a good starting out salary. I would recommend to others. Training is good though you have to be prepared to read up on your material so you can get familiar with it quicker.

Pros

Work from home opportunity

Ok for a starter job

Fast paced, managers only look for numbers. If you can’t get the average calls or higher they will fire you. Can be stressful at times like any other job but you will have to find a balance.

Pros

Helpful floor supervisors

Cons

Shifts that don’t fit your life schedule

Just dont

Management is a joke and no idea what like to do the job. Not overly helpful and no communication from team leader or manager.Client expectations are ridiculous and demanding Do your self a favor avoid this place at all cost

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything else

15 November 2021
We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience, and are always looking for ways to improve. If you wanted to provide more specific feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to our Communications Team directly at communications@billgosling.com - the more precise feedback, the better we can be! Wishing you well in your future endeavours.

Not a great place to work

If you don’t have an open schedule they won’t cater towards you and if you want to take time off they don’t allow it unless it’s months apart even if it’s a family situation. The managers don’t seem to know what they are doing and sometimes can be rude even for a simple question . The people there are great but in reality they might leave just as fast as you got there and the job can be draining on your mental health.

Pros

You meet some nice people And can work from home

Cons

The money, the managers and the training

Job is a joke

This company is a joke. They don't provide adequate training and the whole management team is ghost. Good luck to anyone who works here. I'm moving on to brighter pastures where your pay is in the bank on pay day.

Atrocity

Worked there for 2 years. Last couple months they kept messing up my paycheck. I requested assistance through their HR and only recieved punishments it felt like through the workload they put upon. It's not a healthy company to work with.

Pros

Benefits.

Cons

All of it.

Moderate paced, minimal training, and unsecure displacement

I got hired on to one job worked there for 2 weeks training and transferred to a different company in the building. There are over 150 companies in the building and you aren't guaranteed a position at any one of them. They keep you based on commission rates earned back

Pros

Excellent benefits, friendly staff, long lunch

Cons

Commission work, minimum wage, long hours

15 November 2021
We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you wanted to provide more specific feedback regarding your experience, please reach out to our Communications Team directly at communications@billgosling.com - the more precise feedback, the better we can be! Wishing you well in your future endeavours.

This company will not appreciate your efforts

You can be the best performing employee they have and they will still treat you like you don't matter. How do I know this? I was one of, if not top performer, and despite this they punished me over mistakes I made. I will not go into detail with what it was, but it did not warrant taking away the benefits a top performing employee should be entitled to. They will make you punch out if you want to use the washroom (yes they are too cheap to pay you a penny outside of dialing time) In fact they might even lie to you about bonuses you can get when being hired despite these "bonuses" not being in place during the time of hiring so take their word with a grain of salt. Overall, the people who work here can be nice but the company policies are whack and they will see you as replaceable even if you do perform well. They simply do not care about you or your performance.Oh and the pay is bad compared to other call centers.

Pros

work from home

Cons

terrible pay, terrible company policies, and more

15 November 2021

Great company and people the job itself is where they lose points

Due to confidentiality there isn't much you can put in a review of the company as far as what the work is it's a call center so take your imagination from there. I think any call center environment is stressful as you have a lot of calls a lot of requirements to meet in each call and any time you spend not in queue for a call/on a call is logged (including bathroom breaks) so dont expect much down time. They do have great facilities with a gym on site and a recreational area and a prayer room also a quiet room/book room. (Gym requires a low membership fee) The training was amazing it was fun and challenging and very good in preparation for the work to be done it was my favourite part about my time there. Management was always very helpful and professional when giving advice or constructive criticism. (Your calls are recorded and reviewed with you and your manager)

Pros

Management and On-site Amenities

Cons

Typical call center cons

15 November 2021
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and wish you the best in your career endeavours.

Great culture and room for advancement

It’s just an overall great place to work. So many opportunities to grow and succeed. Even if at first you don’t have the hang of the material, your manager and processes in place help out immensely. Unlike other companies it’s not about “you made a mistake your out”. It’s about developing the staff here, mistakes are treated as a learning opportunity.

Pros

Room for growth and advancement very quickly.

15 November 2021
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us and wish you the best in all your career at Bill Gosling.

You’re just a number

Brutal job makes you work over work 50 hours a week without overtime hours. You are just another number here and no one cares about your needs it a dog eat dog company and goodluck getting them to do anything for you they just reference you to someone else on an infinite loop…

Pros

Clean

Cons

No overtime

17 May 2021

Nice environment, friendly staff, very low salary.Over all good experience untill to date.

Very cooperative staff, family environment, everyone works as a team at the same time competitive and chances of growth !!! Looking to be permanent staff of the company with bit higher salary .

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Lunch is not Paid and per hour rate is very low!!

3 May 2021

Stressful

I have worked now in 3 different departments and let me tell you, it an interesting place. My experience with managers was ok, however i was extremely micro managed and it seemed like the clients of most of the departments had no idea what they wanted as they would change the rules/expectations on a weekly basis and then "punish" the employees when they don't meet requirements due to confusion by making the managers give out coaching's. Managers do not listen to employees complaints/ advice, they agree with you on the downlow but are yes men to the client. Managers also seem like they don't know what is happening half of the time in the department and constantly need clarification from the client. They give you no warning of being fired/ moved to a different department, and when this happens they provide you with no explanation. The building itself has no windows and is always cold. Its nice to work from home now but in office its draining, and even working form home i would get calls as to why i haven't made a call in the last 5 or so minutes. In office you can only use your cell phone in certain locations which makes no sense, especially now that most are working from home and have regular access to their phones (shows there is no trust). Managers get angry at you whenever you use the bathroom or leave your desk for a little bit and say its "time theft". Good luck booking vacation time as they tell you to wait to book days off when it gets closer to the date and when you do they decline and say you should have done that earlier. In the last department that i worked at there -

Pros

Pizza Lunches

3 May 2021

Great place to work. The work isn't right for everyone, but if you enjoy talking to people and solving problems, I would suggest this as the work hours are pretty good and work with most schedules. The hardest part on the job may be writing notes quickly, but you'll get the hang of it. They are very good at teaching you how to properly and quickly make, take and service phone calls.

Pros

Great building space, Amazing lunch-room, great people to work with

Cons

Very fast paced (not a con if you can handle pressure well)

5 April 2021
Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your time with the Company! All the best to you in your future career choices.

Good place to start working

Good place to start working for Newcomers in Ontario Canada: but not a Carrier work place:Nice environment to work...support is there from all management.....supervisors....great TEAMWORK overall....

15 March 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear that our employees enjoyed their time with us. We wish you all the best in your future career endeavours, and in case we didn't say it before "Welcome to Canada".

Worst place I've ever worked

If your reading this, don't apply. They sucker you in with a small on-site gym and a games room which is nice but not worth it. They have perfected talking nicely but treating you like garbage. Horrendous place to work. Get ready for weekly if not daily questioning of your performance with constantly changing goal posts. Your best week ever is now the expectation. Once every month or two they collect all the worst phone calls from everyone in the department and we get in a conference room (now in a group call) and listen to them, in my opinion it's just public shaming you to do better. Under paid and over worked. If you use the washroom while on the clock for even a literal minute, be expecting a call from your manager. Remember, using the bathroom while at work is "Time Theft". Your time off will be denied unless it's booked months in advance. They won't tell you you're working a holiday until a few days before, like 4 or 5 days notice and you get to chose a different day off. Also there is no holiday pay because your getting a paid day off, which is not optional, use it or lose it. Also they pulled this on us, because of covid no one is booking vacation time and saving it for when you can actually do something so book all your vacation time within the next few months by Friday or we will select the days off for you. The scheduling is strange like Monday/Tuesday mornings and the rest afternoons, that's your permanent schedule. Not to mention the job itself is terrible, very aggressive collections. Your entire job is confrontation and doing anything possible to make them give -

Pros

Small on site gym

Cons

Read above paragraph.

1 March 2021

Draining

This job is definitely not for everyone, and it's even harder to manage in a building with absolutely no windows, and employers that do not care for their employees.This job will wear you out until you are physically ill, and then fire you because of it. The department I worked in was fine only because of the people I worked with and our managers.The expectations were high, and there was no real chance of commissions. Moving up in the company is not a thing and you will never see a raise no matter how much you work.In the beginning they were geared towards their employees, but over time it changed and the building was just a big box of negative energy from everyone. I believe the job itself is doable and not the problem, it was the people inside that made wanting to wake up each day so difficult.

Pros

The department I worked in had some nice people

Cons

High expectations with no reward or gratification, No room to grow, Do not care about their employees

1 March 2021

I will never work in this company

I will never work in this company .I didn't lean anything . Poor training. No team work . Washrooms are very dirty . Not enough time for lunch .But no manager is perfect, and sometimes stress brings out the worst behaviors.Everyone forgets things now and then. But, if you make a habit of it, you're telling your employees that what you ask them to do may not really be that important.Assigning the same task to different employees. This could happen due to forgetfulness, or it could be setting employees up intentionally to compete. Both are annoying and damaging to employee morale.

Pros

Not enough time for lunch

Cons

Not enough time for lunch and the location is dirty

18 January 2021

Friendly Environment

I just got hired however my experience has been amazing so far. The staff is so nice and caring and the way they are protecting us from COVID is great. You can't get into the office without getting your temperature checked and you have to have proof of that on you all day. They are constantly sanitizing and have sanitizer for your hands and desk all around. They are also sending home as much staff as they can to work from home so the company can run smoothly and safely without laying off 90% of staff like most places now. The security measures are also great not just everyone has access to the office. The pay could be a little better for what we are doing but I'm personally comfortable with my wage. Again I want to say how great the staff is as well as the training process. They definitely take the time to make sure you won't just be thrown on the floor they teach you everything you will need to know for 2 weeks straight. I would 100% recommend this company.

7 December 2020
Thank you for your review. At Bill Gosling our employees always come first and keeping them safe and healthy is our first priority. We are happy you are enjoying your experience with us. All the best in your new endeavour in joining our flock.

Not Unless You're Desperate

Look, this job got my foot in the door. I thank my friend for that more than BGO. However, the lack of management, the lack of respect from HR, and the lack of kindness here is just... pathetic. Don't work here unless you really, really need a job. If you can help it, find somewhere else. They don't take your health, physical or mental, important. If you have a panic attack on the floor and need to leave before you have a full blown break down, well... They can't tell you to stay, but it will go on your employee report to the client and that just won't look very good for you... They don't tell you if you miss work for more than three days you need to be signed off by a doctor to come back... for some reason. Yet they micromanage every little thing you do. You can't ask questions or you're bothering management, but if you don't ask for help and make a mistake you're an idiot.Right before I was let go, they hired a bunch of new people and were just finishing training them... when COVID hit in full swing. I was working from home, performing well, and receiving good feedback from my managers. Out of the blue me and several others who had worked here longer than the new people were let go. Apparently they couldn't afford to keep us. They could keep the new people, but not us. Interesting....TLDR; Find somewhere else to work if you can.

Pros

Its a job.

Cons

Everything.

23 November 2020

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bill Gosling Outsourcing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6Job security/advancement